Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just looking through the web pages of a few chambers and relised a few of the chambers I was veiwing said that they were a part of an inn - example: http://www.1gis.co.uk/index.html It clearly states that '1 Gray’s Inn Square is one of the longest established Barrister’s Chambers in Gray’s Inn' which made me ask do you have to be in the same inn as a Chambers for that Chambers to employ you?' or say if I was in the Middle Temple and applied to 1 Gray’s Inn Square which is a Chambers in Gray's Inn for a job would they automatically regect me.

Sorry for any typo's, my keyboard is partly broken.

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't matter. You can join any inn and apply to any chambers you wish. You are also self employed rather than employed within that chambers.

ReputationRep:
    FMQ is correct. There is no correlation between geographic location and the membership of the individuals within Chambers and hasn't been for 50 years or more.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.