Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tories will force taxpayers to pay to teach immigrants English watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    So Spaniards on the Costa Del Sol shouldn't filthy their mouths with the language of the pensioners?

btw yeah I think it was a joke.
    We're all Europeans though; Middle Eastern Mohammedans have nothing in common with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moodtrue)
    Why don't you **** off home? I'm sick of people like you making fun of people in my country.
    he's not making fun of people in your country.
    hes making fun of stupid people in your country who actually think the BNP are a viable political party and not a feeble attempt to make another stalingrad.

logicfail

ReputationRep:
    lets go BNP to force em out

ReputationRep:
    I very much hope that was a joke. I would not contemplate filthying my mouth with the language of Mohammedans. If they want to come here to escape oppression from their own backward governments, they should learn it before they get on their flea-ridden boat over.
    No time! No time!The boat doesn't sail on planned schedule ya know :rolleyes:

And you should be able to read tone. That poster was probably just being cynical. Or ironic. Or whatever you call that tone (Literature grads, help!!!!).

I know no 'burden' on the British society who wants to stay here but doesn't want to learn English AND isn't already learning it in school (and is therefore just complaining about having to take lessons in general). If this "Free English for all!" policy came into being, it would be perfect. Especially for those who don't have time (working too hard in below-minimum-wage jobs) or money (self-explanatory) to do so. This includes the housewives of the Arab / Islamic men who can do nothing all day but walk around the neighbourhood and be bullied by the locals. The lessons could take place in local community centres, too. This is sounding a more and more wholesome use of taxpayers' money. And it would be one of the few things from which we would be able to see positive results from our moolah!!

(Original post by Phantom_X)
    he's not making fun of people in your country.
    hes making fun of stupid people in your country who actually think the BNP are a viable political party and not a feeble attempt to make another stalingrad.

logicfail
    Yepyep! Damn right. And I'm a girl, but that's okay LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    In Camden you can already get free English lessons at the community college if English isn't your first language. But I'd have to pay ridiculous course fees to try and learn another language.
    Only if you're on benefits I think.

I think free English are a good thing... =) If you can speak English it's easier to get a job thus get an income and get off of benefits and integrate into British society.

ReputationRep:
    We're all Europeans though; Middle Eastern Mohammedans have nothing in common with us.
    From the OP:

'The most frequently translated language was Polish, with 208 councils catering for those speakers, closely followed by Cantonese and Mandarin.'

Polish is fine then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    From the OP:

'The most frequently translated language was Polish, with 208 councils catering for those speakers, closely followed by Cantonese and Mandarin.'

Polish is fine then.
    Sorry I should have made myself clearer; we're all Western Europeans.

ReputationRep:
    They should pay for it themselves, i have no problem with them living here as long as they are not a burden on the taxpayer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggsy's Girl)
    They should have to speak English before they're allowed into the country.
    this

ReputationRep:
    I very much hope that was a joke. I would not contemplate filthying my mouth with the language of Mohammedans. If they want to come here to escape oppression from their own backward governments, they should learn it before they get on their flea-ridden boat over.
    Of course it was a joke. It's a bit hard for them to learn before they get here. It would be better if they just didn't come.

ReputationRep:
    lol if they want to come here the least I expect is for them to learn our language. I would expect if anyone moves to any country they should at least speak the most dominant language there (so English in England but not Welsh in Wales).

If they cannot do this they can climb in to the next shipping container out of here.

ReputationRep:
    WRONG
    Ever been to the middle east before ? Most westernisation in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan etc are influenced by the UK and America. When I went to Damascus a few years back the top show was Only Fools and Horses.

You are talking about the people you see on TV. Interesting. I was watching a programme yesterday that showed English girls out on the street screaming stupid songs and drinking vodka from the bottle, before throwing up in someones driveway, and then collapsing in the middle of the street. There was also another program on English teenagers as old as 13 getting preggers. Does that mean all English girls are like that ?

BNP : Complain + Generalise= People will definitely take us seriously....

LOGIC
    FAIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    lol if they want to come here the least I expect is for them to learn our language. I would expect if anyone moves to any country they should at least speak the most dominant language there (so English in England but not Welsh in Wales).

If they cannot do this they can climb in to the next shipping container out of here.
    I agree with this in the current climate, only because professionals in services should be prioritized, similar to australia and even Dubai. However, many english people emigrate to spain and don't know spanish, so on this level the statement is hipocritical.

ReputationRep:
    I hate how these threads always turn to a thread about how bad the BNP are. If you want to dodge the actual discussion this thread was made for, find a more creative way of doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, people here are SO ignorant!

A proportion of our tax money is going to help save the lives of pedophiles and serial rapists and murderers if they need any medical treatment. The current, previous and future governments are all 'forcing' you to pay for the welfare of these heinous human beings. Surely that is worse then any of this?

I am all for social cohesion, it is better for both immigrants and us that everyone in this country knows how to speak english.

So please get lost with your BNP crap.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why not just let English speakers in?

ReputationRep:
    Using the BNP website as a source :lol: Because that's not going to be biased at all now is it?

Seeing the thread title I thought the source would be the Daily Mail, the Daily Express or even maybe The Sun, but I guess the OP went one step further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamru)
    Oh my god, people here are SO ignorant!

A proportion of our tax money is going to help save the lives of pedophiles and serial rapists and murderers if they need any medical treatment. The current, previous and future governments are all 'forcing' you to pay for the welfare of these heinous human beings.
    Ignorant how? I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Why not just let English speakers in?
    Why not let nobody in. Including those who couldn't be bothered to stay in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Ignorant how? I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows that...
    sry, I did not mean to direct my post at everyone in this thread, I just had a quick glance and saw a few ignorant people.

What I am trying to say though, is if more people in this thread new about this fact then they wouldn't be complaining about paying to teach people english.

To be honest, we all know this thread was started to provoke controversy with BNP propaganda/idiocy

And thanks to whoever gave me rep

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.