Turn on thread page Beta

Do good times have to be followed by bad times? watch

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks ago I was on top of the world. I won't go into too much detail but a lot of great things happened and I met a lot of great people. The week after was just a complete drag and looking back this always seems to be the case and I don't know why. Can someone explain?

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me too :rolleyes:
    Karma lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whelanmk)
    2 weeks ago I was on top of the world. I won't go into too much detail but a lot of great things happened and I met a lot of great people. The week after was just a complete drag and looking back this always seems to be the case and I don't know why. Can someone explain?
    I think that's pretty common. I remember coming back from a great holiday and feeling really sad that it was over. It wasn't so much that anything happened to make me feel bad, I just kinda felt a sense of loss as I was brought back down to earth again. You just have to focus on the good memories and remind yourself that you have created that situation/feeling once, so you can create it again and again.

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me all the dam time!!

ReputationRep:
    I"m still waiting for the good times to roll around..........

ReputationRep:
    If it were 'good times' followed by more 'good times' or vice versa, it'd just be 'times'. You wouldn't notice if it didn't stand out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I"m still waiting for the good times to roll around..........
    Me too :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Happens without fail, every time.
    What comes up must come down eh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Me too :hugs:

:hugs: for you too

ReputationRep:
    What was the third thing that newton guy said?

ReputationRep:
    According to JLC, yes.

Thats life man!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't let it! If you're finding something to be a drag, keep yourself busy or try something completely new!

I had a boring-looking weekend towards the end of term last term, so me and a friend went out and bought some finger paints and some giant sheets of paper... Was proper funny lol

ReputationRep:
    Life is full of up's and down's

ReputationRep:
    Its when the bad times happen that you appreciate the good times, and when they come back round again you savour every moment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.