The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh god I hate my eyebrows. I pluck them, sometimes a bit at the top but mainly just at the bottom and the few stray hairs in the middle.

I want to go and get them shaped at a salon but not sure what I actually want done with them..or how long I need to stop plucking them for so they can actually be shaped properly.
Reply 41
i'm just curious.. should guys actually tweeze their eyebrows?..due to my unfortunate genes (yes i'm persian):eek:, if left untouched i'd have a unibrow. However now i've grown quite fond of tweezing and got rather thin eyebrows :p: ... am i the only guy whose got girly eyebrows?.. and generally what would u suggest is best for a guy : leave it naturally bushy or take care of them?
pwofessow
i'm just curious.. should guys actually tweeze their eyebrows?..due to my unfortunate genes (yes i'm persian):eek:, if left untouched i'd have a unibrow. However now i've grown quite fond of tweezing and got rather thin eyebrows :p: ... am i the only guy whose got girly eyebrows?.. and generally what would u suggest is best for a guy : leave it naturally bushy or take care of them?

Definitely take care of them :smile: . Most guys do tweeze them to get rid of that monobrow look. So go for it, just don't go over board with tweezing. For men, just tweeze to get rid of the monobrow, and taking a few hairs from along the bottom of the eyebrow to tidy them up will give you good looking eyebrows!!

With you tweezing them quite thinly, as long as they suit your face shape, then don't worry about it :smile:

If anyone is ever in doubt about doing their eyebrows, go and get them waxed or tweezed professionally, men or women!!! It is not expensive!!! :smile:
Reply 43
phew..i feel so much relieved, though i still ain't sure whether i went overboard.. if my face is relatively feminin (which it is btw, except for the horrid nose :p:), would u then consider making the eyebrows quite thin a good idea..argh this is quite pointless cuz no1 can judge without actually seeing the eyebrows :rolleyes:
plucking eyebows hurt!!

and i'm too lazy. :p:
Reply 45
red_roadkill
I agree. I haven't touched my eyebrows in ages, they're always fine as they are, really.

That's surprising coming from you! :biggrin: :wink:

Only joking. :cool:
Reply 46
My eyebrows have a gentle arch, mostly because you can't really do any other shape. :smile:
I just clean up the strays underneath my eyebrows.
Reply 48
Would you recommend getting eyebrows shaped professionally?
Absolutely twiga!!! Go for it!!!

It usually costs bout £5.50-£8.00 to get them either waxed or tweezed. A professional therapist will be able to shape them to suit your face shape. It only takes around 5-10 minutes to get them tweezed or waxed professionally and at least you know they are going to turn out nice too!!!!

As some people have the incline to go a bit too pluck happy and end up balding themselves or not having the right shape for their face if they try to shape them themsleves!!.

Considering a good pair of tweezers can cost anything from£4.00-£15.00, i would go for the professional option of getting them done. Cheaper, quicker and you know they will turn out nice!!! :smile:

If it's your first time shaping your eyebrows go and get them waxed, less painful. When tweezing for the first time, it can be really nippy and painful, and can take time to build up a high pain threshold. Whereas with getting them waxed, it is over quickly and even then it's not really sore, just like the sensation of when you rip a plaster off really quickly!!!
Reply 50
the ladies at salons are always lovely and have a great disposition. they ask u how u want them and put u at ease. just tell them your a newbie! plus they put lotion on after! x
Reply 51
niamhster
Absolutely twiga!!! Go for it!!!

It usually costs bout £5.50-£8.00 to get them either waxed or tweezed. A professional therapist will be able to shape them to suit your face shape. It only takes around 5-10 minutes to get them tweezed or waxed professionally and at least you know they are going to turn out nice too!!!!

As some people have the incline to go a bit too pluck happy and end up balding themselves or not having the right shape for their face if they try to shape them themsleves!!.

Considering a good pair of tweezers can cost anything from£4.00-£15.00, i would go for the professional option of getting them done. Cheaper, quicker and you know they will turn out nice!!! :smile:

If it's your first time shaping your eyebrows go and get them waxed, less painful. When tweezing for the first time, it can be really nippy and painful, and can take time to build up a high pain threshold. Whereas with getting them waxed, it is over quickly and even then it's not really sore, just like the sensation of when you rip a plaster off really quickly!!!

Thanks for the advice :biggrin: I usually pluck them myself but they've got a bit messy recently and I'm not sure how to tidy them up... Looks like I'd better make an appointment! Thanks again x x

Latest