or
    Pharmacy

i am getting (gcse year 11)

a's in science
    a's in marths
    but a c/d in english
    but b's in couse work

will i get in?
    if i get a d in my english exam but i have b's in coursework will i get a c in total?

ReputationRep:
    its more your a levels then gcses

ReputationRep:
    You cant apply for Medicine/Dentistry with less than a B in English, thats the first thing.
    Secondly, you're being quite vague. You have to pick one. You can't say "either this or that"
    Medicine and Dentistry are poles apart. extremely different. do not get into the ignorant way of thinking that they are "similar".
    For some universities like Medicine at Birmingham/Cambridge/Oxford/Bristol, they require you to have 8A* minimum at GCSE.
    GCSEs are also a good predictor of A Level grades. You must be scoring in the A/A* range to know you will be capable to enter such competitive courses like Med/Dent/Pharmacy.
    I hope it goes well for you
    Best of luck xx

ReputationRep:
    check with the individual universities theyre all different

ReputationRep:
    i am going to be tested for dyslexia
    if i am dyslexia will i still need a b in english or will it be dropped?

if i get a d in my english exam but i have b's in coursework will i get a c in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BringMeThatHorizon)
    You cant apply for Medicine/Dentistry with less than a B in English, thats the first thing.
    Secondly, you're being quite vague. You have to pick one. You can't say "either this or that"
    Medicine and Dentistry are poles apart. extremely different. do not get into the ignorant way of thinking that they are "similar".
    For some universities like Medicine at Birmingham/Cambridge/Oxford/Bristol, they require you to have 8A* minimum at GCSE.
    GCSEs are also a good predictor of A Level grades. You must be scoring in the A/A* range to know you will be capable to enter such competitive courses like Med/Dent/Pharmacy.
    I hope it goes well for you
    Best of luck xx
    Not true. The only University that states they want >8 A*s is Birmingham. Theoretically someone without even a single A grade at GCSE could get an interview at Oxford if they were in the top 4% of BMAT scorers. It's difficult with Cambridge, but plenty of people get into Cambridge, for medicine, without 8 A*s at GCSE, they're far less important than UMS marks for Cambridge. Bristol are known for wanting great GCSEs, but you're not required to have 8 A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suffurz)
    i am going to be tested for dyslexia
    if i am dyslexia will i still need a b in english or will it be dropped?

i enjoy and i am good at science and marths
    Depends on how high a B your coursework is and how low a D your exams are...the problem is that coursework is normally only 25%, the exams a much larger amount.

ReputationRep:
    5A* 3A’s 2B’s good enough??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.