Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muscles on girls = unattractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No, not a troll/parody thread but serious.

Anyone else think muscles should be left for the males? (if that is, muscle is to be appreciated in general)

Like when I watch the olympics and other track/field events, it's like eeeee they look like small men =| leave the muscle for the guys, stick to being 'skinny and slightly soft' I mean, yes the ass and legs are nice on a lot of them but ripped abs and hench arms/shoulders = no no

Example;

ReputationRep:
    in general yes leave it for the men, but I think the level of muscle that girl has in the picture isn't that offputting.

ReputationRep:
    I dont want a girl who can beat me in an arm wrestle

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say no to Jessica Ennis

ReputationRep:
    It can look good on some people like Ciara whereas it can look real bad on other people e.g Madonna

ReputationRep:
    girls should be non muscley

e.g. japanese!

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth should a group of homogenous Stepford wife women exist to suit your ideals?

ReputationRep:
    Click
    :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pw_ZR86hNQI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pw_ZR86hNQI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    :sogood:
    lol?>:p:

ReputationRep:
    I remember thinking Jessica Biel looked quite good with a bit muscle in Blade trinity. :o: Not usually a fan though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    lol?>:p:
    Thought I could embed a little youtube haha

ReputationRep:
    Hmph. Well, because I'm skinny, despite the fact I'm not THAT muscular, because I'm slightly muscular from sports and exercise, it's more visible on me (mostly the legs, not so much my arms). I'd like to think it doesn't look that bad. I also don't think that athlete you posted looks bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    Thought I could embed a little youtube haha
    Ah k, lol check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8FvJ1l1e2c LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booraad)
    Why on Earth should a group of homogenous Stepford wife women exist to suit your ideals?
    Yeah, because there no pressure at all on men to suit the female ideal :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    Yeah, because there no pressure at all on men to suit the female ideal :rolleyes:
    Who cares..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booraad)
    Who cares..?
    No one, just like no one cares if men expect women to live up to their ideals.

Women who make an effort on their body (and no, I don't mean eating 700 calories a day and thinking that's healthy) are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    No one, just like no one cares if men expect women to live up to their ideals.

Women who make an effort on their body (and no, I don't mean eating 700 calories a day and thinking that's healthy) are amazing.
    OK.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to end up all muscles, but I run and cycle a lot and have a low body fat % to start with so any muscle I gain is going to be more obvious Hopefully I'm not doing so much that I start looking ripped, I just want to be toned. Although the woman in the OP doesn't look bad, I don't think that girls should have 6 packs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)
    I don't want to end up all muscles, but I run and cycle a lot and have a low body fat % to start with so any muscle I gain is going to be more obvious Hopefully I'm not doing so much that I start looking ripped, I just want to be toned. Although the woman in the OP doesn't look bad, I don't think that girls should have 6 packs...
    That's my issue I mean I don't even try to build muscle all THAT much, but because I row it's really quite visible. I could gain fat to hide it but that would just be counter productive :p:

Luckily rowing doesn't tend to give you a six pack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)
    Oh, and sorry for the double quote, but if you ever need exercises for improving your core (had a quick glance at your blog), I have plenty I can PM you with at some point. We had a training session with a female rower from the olympic team who gave us some tips on core stability and was really quite helpful!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.