Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muscles on girls = unattractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Lol, muscles on a women = manly? A woman is manly if she look like a man. Muscles don't make that happen, it's looking masculine that does. I think some people are confusing gender roles.
    it's a part

to me, miss ennis looks like a dude because of her extreme muscularity

women should be soft

i bet she don't have periods she is that lean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    it's a part

to me, miss ennis looks like a dude because of her extreme muscularity

women should be soft

i bet she don't have periods she is that lean
    Says who though?

As far as I'm concerned, she has boobs, a vagina, hips, a female voice. A lot of this is social conditioning, I'll admit, but women come in different formats, and none of them are any less womanly than the others. If her physcial traits depicted a man - i.e. penis, adam's apple, manly voice - that would be masculine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Says who though?

As far as I'm concerned, she has boobs, a vagina, hips, a female voice. A lot of this is social conditioning, I'll admit, but women come in different formats, and none of them are any less womanly than the others. If her physcial traits depicted a man - i.e. penis, adam's apple, manly voice - that would be masculine!
    refer to my earlier comments about periods

women stop having periods when they dip below a certain BF%

ennis is low enough for that to happen, women who are hormonally balanced wouldn't have abs as cut as hers

i.e. she is going against nature

ye 'social conditioning' ********.

ReputationRep:
    No, not a troll/parody thread but serious.

Anyone else think muscles should be left for the males? (if that is, muscle is to be appreciated in general)

Like when I watch the olympics and other track/field events, it's like eeeee they look like small men =| leave the muscle for the guys, stick to being 'skinny and slightly soft' I mean, yes the ass and legs are nice on a lot of them but ripped abs and hench arms/shoulders = no no
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    I think girls with muscles like the one in the first picture is fine - just not like this:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    that **** is nasty yo

ReputationRep:

ennis is low enough for that to happen, women who are hormonally balanced wouldn't have abs as cut as hers

So basically, you think women should all be size 10 or less, but in doing so shoud still be 'soft'? You realise the only real way for this to happen is just hardcore dieting?

Oh and by the way, I would bet if the girl in your sig gets periods, they're dangerously close to stopping. She's skeletal.

ReputationRep:
    No, not a troll/parody thread but serious.

Anyone else think muscles should be left for the males? (if that is, muscle is to be appreciated in general)

Like when I watch the olympics and other track/field events, it's like eeeee they look like small men =| leave the muscle for the guys, stick to being 'skinny and slightly soft' I mean, yes the ass and legs are nice on a lot of them but ripped abs and hench arms/shoulders = no no
    Agreed

EDIT: havnt read the thread so may have been mentioned but: female swimmers, eeuuggh :eek3: those shoulders =/

ReputationRep:

Ads, there are many reasons for periods stopping. Wether by illness or not. Sure, it may be an inconvenience, but that really doesn't dictate if she's masculine or not.

You have to agree there is an element of social conditioning. "Should look like this" etc. !?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Ah k, lol check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8FvJ1l1e2c LOL
    Umm.. lol?

ReputationRep:
    derp
    I LOVE a bit of muscle definition on women. It's extremely attractive :coma:

But: everything in moderation The photo you posted is really almost too much. I like it subtle.

ReputationRep:
    As long as she stays in the kitchen ... it's fine with me

ReputationRep:
    I think she is quite attractive, probably the most muscle I could stand on a girl. Id be more off-put if a girl was as tall as me

ReputationRep:

I am pretty turned on by this. Aslong as they don't have "muscle boobs" and a butch hair-style it's fine that they have muscle, she's pretty damn toned.

DAMN

ReputationRep:
    jessica ennis is hot! adonis you know you wouldnt turn her down

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think Jessica Ennis is particularly muscular, she's just lean and has more muscle than most skinny/slim women you would see, but that doesn't mean she's muscular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    I don't even think Jessica Ennis is particularly muscular, she's just lean and has more muscle than most skinny/slim women you would see, but that doesn't mean she's muscular.
    she's hench to me

ReputationRep:
    Muscles on women gets a big yes from me. Thanks to their genetic potential it's very hard for women to become what I would refer to as too muscular and I don't think I've ever seen a woman in real life who I would refer to as too muscular.

This is what I would call too muscular, but then again I think she looks great when she's not tensing and is a little less lean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokel)
    I think she looks great when she's not tensing and is a little less lean.
    shes too blokey

ReputationRep:
    tbh this thread sends the wrong message...women should definitely do weights at the gym.....ennis has very good genetics...trains hard and alot...plus consistently for years....plus a great diet and she still looks good.....dont be discouraged to do weights by this thread.....to get anymore muscular....you'd likely need steroids and an aim to get muscular

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.