The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JW92
Women see other women and think "Ooh she looks fun, I could be like her". Men see women and think "Ooh she looks fit, I could do her". That is why.

This :laugh:
Reply 21
I have noticed this from looking at some, also there are a lot of people from different ethnic groups which isn't entirely representative of the unis.
samsamsam500
Young boys see these and get the impression education is a girly thing.

The kind of young boys who'd think that wouldn't even get or want to see a university prospectus.
Reply 23
Just look at college brochures, though. There is a balanced mixture of males and females. When I applied for University at Hope in Liverpool http://www.hope.ac.uk/ women were featured dominantly on their brochures.

I am sure the university knows and understands the power of symbols as well as images, so perhaps this is a conscious effort to get more women into Uni. Is that necessarily sinister of them to do that?

http://www.hope.ac.uk/current-students/current-students-and-staff.html

Flick through the site above:
Poor banter OP. Poor banter. Pictures of girls makes you think there's a Femi-Zionist conspiracy against males to make women the New World Order through making education uncool in the minds of men, because we are that gullible?

Log off and lie down OP. Now.
sidrah
lol, maybe those women just looked better on the covers?
And unless you've looked at every single prospectus/brochure, you can't be sure that men are being discriminated against..
If they're part of the student body, whats wrong with them being on the cover of a prospectus? :/

Worst argument I've ever heard in my life.
Lol its true and when they have pictures of students getting their A Level results its always girls.
Reply 27
Oh Lord. It's a brochure, get over it. I'm sure there's a very good reason why it's mostly females in that one particular university brochure. Maybe the other photos were crap (bad quality, random crap in background, etc., etc.), maybe the female students were more open to the idea of having their picture on the front cover of the thing, maybe they couldn't find any male students to take pictures of because they were all too busy masturbating in their rooms. I don't know.

Tbh, you're reading way too much into this.
Odd. It'd make more sense to focus on the guys since they don't go.

(Actually, wait, this is a feminist conspiracy to emasculate men completely until they're reduced to our semen-slaves, isn't it? :sigh:)
Reply 29
Look at the prospectuses for Imperial then. It's more of a sausage fest than a German market there!
Reply 30
chronic_fatigue
Lol its true and when they have pictures of students getting their A Level results its always girls.

I notice that for years.
Reply 31
I didn't choose UCL because of the picture of the man on the cover, I picked it for the girl on the front (redheads ftw!).

Enough said.
Reply 32
Get Over It
Muffinz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Also, generally there are more women than men in universities.

Do you know the whole story about that Boxxy girl??? I saw her in the Metro and I was like wtf is going on :hmmm:
MissFanatical
ur dad bends over backwards for women when ur mum goes out

This is quite possibly the best post ever.
Oo I never noticed. I noticed that the people in prospectuses are always grinning insanely, and women in general smile more than men so maybe they couldn't find enough boys to grin insanely? Also they would design the prospectus towards women cos women are generally more visual than men?
UCL Home - Study - ONE MAN (Asian though GUESS HE DOESN'T COUNT) and two women (one of them wasn't white though so i guess SHE DOESN'T COUNT EITHER)- Undergraduate - TWO MORE MEN! (Including a white one!) and two women, none of whom were white though, so I guess they don't count... - and on the "Joining UCL" brochure there appears to be a white dude, an Asian dude and a woman. On the graduate version there is a white guy (long hair though - looks like a hippy, probably a lefty. Probably shouldn't count him.) and a woman (Asian and plump. Probably some kind of Elf'n'Safety politically correct conspiracy - everyone knows fat people are too ugly to go to university). - Undergraduate prospectus - 3 men and 2 women. The women are both white, the men could be white or middle eastern or asian. I JUST DON'T KNOW. On the front of the prospectus itself is a black dude and a white girl. She has red hair so she's clearly representin' our native gingers, NICK GRIFFIN. before you start BITCHING. There's also a blurred white woman in the foreground, and a black girl being chatted up by a white guy in the background. Ok, I guess Nick Griffin would probably not like that either. MOVING SWIFTLY ON!
Reply 37
Good Apollo
Worst argument I've ever heard in my life.

Yeah... didn't really think that one through lol
Reply 38
Women see other women and think "Ooh she looks fun, I could be like her". Men see women and think "Ooh she looks fit, I could do her". That is why.

Nailed it.
Reply 39
It's common knowledge that for engineering and computer science prospectuses they find female models from other departments as there often aren't enough doing the subjects.

Latest

Trending

Trending