Turn on thread page Beta

Universities bendover backwards for WOMEN! watch

ReputationRep:
    I bet they are all hot girls in these pictures though aren't they. The marketers are targeting the male audience because they want to put girls off coming. When girls see these pics they they will think "uugh look at all those hot girls, I will feel inadequate if I go there". The guys will all think "wahey, totty at this campus".

Its a further expression of the subjugation of women.

ReputationRep:
    so long as WOMEN bend over forwards for me.... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    It's common knowledge that for engineering and computer science prospectuses they find female models from other departments as there often aren't enough doing the subjects.
    I reckon that's probably true - for Nottingham's CompSci I remember a photo with a hot asian chick playing with lego... bull-**** is she in the CS department :p:

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe it's that most photographers are males and thus subconciously seek out females to photograph?

ReputationRep:
    I think more women want to be part of the uni brochure tbh
    At my college when they sent an email round asking people who wanted to be in the prospectus to meet somewhere on some date the majority were girls so the ended up using almost all the guys who volunteered and half the girls and the girls still outnumbered them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm female and it is true. But i don't care :woo::p:

ReputationRep:
    If a guy is weak-willed enough to get put off by a fooking poster then he might as well not go uni.
    Seriously, we all know white men rule the country anyway. What difference does it make if the university wants to encourage minorities to apply. Since those that have the ability will get through regardless.
    I have the feeling that the OP is one of those types that get all aggressive when they hear the word "feminism", and think of how women are trying to "take over society". :rolleyes:

(Original post by paddyman4)
    That kind of annoyed me. Is it only women who get stressed with exams? No. Why do they get the benefit of help with their revision?
    That is kindof weird. My uni has sessions for anyone. But keep in mind that women are more emotionally unstable than men in general, and have their period to contend with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.