Turn on thread page Beta

Primary Ed-Early years PLYMOUTH watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for a bED in Early years- Primary education at Plymouth uni?

If so have you heard anything from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have all the prior state school experience required?

ReputationRep:
    Yep 2 weeks in a state school full days, and a year working with autistic children aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddielouxx)
    Anyone applied for a bED in Early years- Primary education at Plymouth uni?

If so have you heard anything from them yet?

I go to a private school [Dad is in the Armed forces] and I only have Plymouth left, I have been rejected by all other choices and I recieved a rejection [without interview] from 2 of my choices the day after the news of the discrimination against private school kids came out. I'm obviously pretty upset about the discrimination but praying Plymouth give me a chance at interview. Has anyone heard anything?

I am predicted 3 B's in English, Theatre and Business.
    I also have Grade 8 Guildhall singing and 11 GCSE's.

Anyone heard anything from them?
    Evidently the money was wasted on the Private school education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddielouxx)
    If you read my post correctly, you would see that I said my dad is the military. My dad is always away and moving, my parents wanted me to have a stable education. I have a scholarship and busary from the military, yes its a lot of money, but my parents sacrificed a lot for me.

My QUESTION however was if anyone had heard from Plymouth...
    Whether it is your money or not it was still a waste of money. I read your post correctly too, don't you worry.

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth is the only uni my friend hasn't heard for that course yet. She applied to Chichester, Winchester, Brighton and Bath Spa and has heard back from all the others, and offers from all but Bath Spa.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all
    How do you delete a thread?

ReputationRep:
    I heard back from plymouth not long after i sent off my ucas.. (for primary ed) I withdrew the application though as its too far from where I live.

ReputationRep:
    I have my Early Years BEd interview a week today. Call them, they're very helpful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.