?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
well any comments?
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My boyfriend got it done. I haven't seen it yet. I think my boyfriend is a girl.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by themesong)
well any comments?
depends on the texture, hair type, thickness and how strong your hair is as it does dry it out a good bit.....but go to your local salon that does it and they will be able to advise you more...but i do think personally its a hell of a lot better than straightening it every day xoxo
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i prefer hair straightener, cause then i can have it curly one day and straight the next. also don't know what kind of chemicals they use and if it can be bad for your hair.
Britzan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am black and I have my hair chemically straightened and it looks good. It is just a question of maintenance (you should get it 'steamed' twice a month), etc.etc
gordon_is_fit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh its fine until you start to grow roots so that the top is all curly and the bottom straight...weird. so basically once you have it done you have to keep doing it for the rest of your life. i say stick to curls at least you stand out and wont be a clone
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
theres this thing called yukos system i think which *apparently* straightens your hair permanantly without the use of chemicals.
my friend had it done wen she went hong kong but seeing as her hair is perfectly straight already im not sure exactly how effective it was :confused:
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is there a difference between chemical and normal?
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
To be honest, hair straightening in any way is bad for your hair. I used to straighten my hair loads and my stylist ended up shouting at me because I was wrecking my hair! I had a restyle and due to the scruffy marni/geeky chic style I've got going on now, I don't need straighteners!
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by red_roadkill)
To be honest, hair straightening in any way is bad for your hair. I used to straighten my hair loads and my stylist ended up shouting at me because I was wrecking my hair! I had a restyle and due to the scruffy marni/geeky chic style I've got going on now, I don't need straighteners!
You're a boy and you straightned your hair?

BTW you look like Jamie Callum in your photo...
bohogirlie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Someone in my year had her hair chemically starightened and frankly it just looked really fake and in really bad condition, it looked really dry. I would rather just straighten it everyday tbh.

Yay, we have a fashion and beauty sub-forum now!
LittleMinx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bohogirlie)
Someone in my year had her hair chemically starightened and frankly it just looked really fake and in really bad condition, it looked really dry. I would rather just straighten it everyday tbh.

Yay, we have a fashion and beauty sub-forum now!
Hmmmmmmm i was considering having mine done, but im not sure. Surely if you put product on it after youve washed it and stuff it shouldnt be too bad? its just such a hassle straightening it every day and with my hair (trust me!) i need to. I dont tend to do it dead straight though, just make it so it has the odd wave in it.

Where can you get this done, how much is it and how long does it last? cheers! x
adamu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
Is there a difference between chemical and normal?
ones got chemicals in it :rolleyes:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had mine done, and it was great. It wasn't like really straight afterwards though, so I needed to use straighteners for special occasions. It didn't dry my hair out that much, but it was quite expensive.
LittleMinx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
I had mine done, and it was great. It wasn't like really straight afterwards though, so I needed to use straighteners for special occasions. It didn't dry my hair out that much, but it was quite expensive.
How much is "quite expensive." At tony and guy's its £200+. I would NEVER pay that much for my hair!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LittleMinx)
How much is "quite expensive." At tony and guy's its £200+. I would NEVER pay that much for my hair!
I had it done at Saks. I had a cut as well, and it cost about £90 with student discount.
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Depends where you live, it seems. In my town, its upwards from £45.

Go in for a free consultation, and they can chop a bit of discreet hair off, and treat it to see how your hair reacts to it. I had it done, and good thing I did because it totally ruined my hair. It just depends what type of hair you have... mine is mixed race so apparently *nothing* works on it.

Also, apparently the treatment grows out so you have to get the roots done again as it grows- more expense.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed