Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    why are some degrees only done with another course for example chemistry. I feel that i will get less job oppurtunities if i have worked less indepth in the subject i wish to do (chemistry)

ReputationRep:
    What? By studying a single subject you study more in-depth into that subject.

And amongst everything else, not everybody does a degree just to get a job afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of Degrees at Keele are duel honours only certain degrees like law and Medicine are given in single honours this is because some people would like to study a duel honours course to get better job prospectus and to do 2 courses that interest them Keele ar individual in that sense.

ReputationRep:
    ...as far as I know, Keele does offer single honours chemistry?
    Most of the courses are dual-honours because about 90% of the applicants want to do that, qnd even though you're studying less in-depth, you will get a broader education with dual-honours, so in terms of getting a job, it may be slightly lower if you want to be a chem lab worker, but probably higher if you ever want to do extra studying or apply for...well, anything else really. Having two parts to your degree shows that you're more well-rounded in your knowledge and approach.

Still, check again to see if they do still study single honours chem or not.

ReputationRep:
    In general, studying Dual Honours is a slight disadvantage in terms of employability (because you don't know much about either subject). However, for some it can be a benefit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.