Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to get an idea of how many people have already committed to Warwick Msc. Finance. I have an offer and will be paying the deposit in a week or two.

I hope we can discuss and answer each others questions here. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!
    I have just applied to the same course...
    I hope I make the cut..!
    Did you have any work experience? Did you do the GMAT?
    I have just finished my undergraduate studies in Banking and Insurance from Mumbai
    I scored 620 in the GMAT
    just trying to stack myself up against you...hahah

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer but not sure if I want to go... man... they just increased the fees to 20k and I'm not sure if it's worth it as Warwick is not LSE or Oxbridge....

Still thinking....

ReputationRep:
    ^ In the banking and finance world, Warwick would stand on its own against those unis you've mentioned. You'd be surprised of the high caliber of WBS alumni has around the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akdrulz1)
    Heyy!
    I hope I make the cut..!
    I have just finished my undergraduate studies in Banking and Insurance from Mumbai
    I scored 620 in the GMAT

Would you get onto the MSc Finance with a 620 GMAT only?

ReputationRep:
    Im asking you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akdrulz1)
    Heyy!
    I hope I make the cut..!
    I scored 620 in the GMAT
    I got a 710 for my GMAT. I only have one internship in a private equity firm for work experience. But they gave me a conditional offer where I have to get an A in my Econometrics class, which I did anyway so thats sorted out. Aside from that my GPA is only a 3.5/4.0 Oh I am currently doing my undergrad degree in the US.

Yea, the fees went up and Imperial is now roughly 6k more. The gap is narrowing and I am wondering why Warwick charges so much? Cambridge only charges around 12k so whats the deal? Squeezing all the money out of already broke students??

ReputationRep:
    I really want to apply to warwick for their MSc in finance however i go to coventry university and will hopefully get a 1:1. Will this be enough or do they only accept targeted universities such as LSE or oxford?

If im a UK student do i need to sit the GMAT?

ReputationRep:
    any new decisions????????

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I applied 10 days ago(kind of late) to the MSc Finance and Economics at Warwick and got rejected today(pretty quickly). I am senior at non target school in the US, with GPA 3.9/4.00 majoring in Economics and Mathematics. GMAT - 740; have done a lot of quantitative courses in Math, Econ and Stats. why do u think they rejected me so quickly..? do u think they already filled their places.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    "non target school in the US", what is it specifically ?

Your GPA and GMAT seem good enough for me. Anyway, have you applied to any other programs?

ReputationRep:
    LSE - Accounting and Finance, Cambridge - Mphil Finance; still waiting on those... I'm studying at Clark University (Massachusetts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facelesss)
    Hello,

I applied 10 days ago(kind of late) to the MSc Finance and Economics at Warwick and got rejected today(pretty quickly). I am senior at non target school in the US, with GPA 3.9/4.00 majoring in Economics and Mathematics. GMAT - 740; have done a lot of quantitative courses in Math, Econ and Stats. why do u think they rejected me so quickly..? do u think they already filled their places.

Thanks,
    that's strange, your GPA and GMAT are both stellar, far above the average at Warwick MSc Fin I'm sure.

maybe there was a problem with your recommendation letters/personal statement?

either way, you could probably get into a better programme than Warwick with your profile.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, apparently there was a problem with my documents..anyway I got into Msc Finance at Warwick, but waiting to hear from other schools as well...So you think I should be aiming at a better program..?

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

I got accepted to Warwick MSc Finance as well. Message me ur e-mail addresses if you'd like to keep in contact/discuss stuff about the course.

Mr Profit

ReputationRep:
    Where did you guys stated your gmat score? I am about to apply but I haven't seen a field where I could input it... Right now, I'm stuck at the reference section (awaiting confirmation of one referee). Can I also later on opload my CV?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    guys i got in msc finance also i got also an offer from Duke MA Economics. trying to decide which one to choose...

ReputationRep:
    When do we have to start applying for dorms etc. I would much rather live in an apartment but I have to find one first. Anybody else thinking about this or not worrying about it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone of you got CAS Number from Warwick MSc Finance yet.

I don't get one yet. Tried to e-mail them but no response

In my country, it takes forever to get UK visa.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Has anyone gotten in with out sending a GMAT score? I know Warwick does not require it.

Snookie,

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.