Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: You think he likes you, but is just shy. What do you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Say you had a feeling a guy liked you, but he was just shy and for this reason the two of you never speak to each other much, though you do chat a little. What would you do? Would you attempt to indulge him in a convo or wait for him to get chatting to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Say you had a feeling a guy liked you, but he was just shy and for this reason the two of you never speak to each other much, though you do chat a little. What would you do? Would you attempt to indulge him in a convo or wait for him to get chatting to you?
    If you feel the same, then approach him

ReputationRep:
    Just go start a conversation? I'm sure he won't bite.

ReputationRep:
    Are your conversations extra special or something?
    I suppose they might be to him if he likes you...

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would wait for him to make the first move, but then that's probably why I'm single
    If you already chat sometimes, just take it from there so you can get to know him better and figure out if he likes you

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean! Have the same problem at the moment, just obviously the other way round. I have just tried to make small talk with her a little more, but it is tricky. If both parties involved are shy (which in my case we are) it is basically a stalemate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XDaydreamer)
    Personally I would wait for him to make the first move, but then that's probably why I'm single
    If you already chat sometimes, just take it from there so you can get to know him better and figure out if he likes you
    Yeah it probably is, if he is shy and you wait around nothing will happen, trust me I would know.

ReputationRep:
    More girls should take the initiative. If a guy clearly is too shy, do they really expect him to make a move? Of course not!

if the feelings mutual approach him/make the first move

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Just go start a conversation? I'm sure he won't bite.
    very much this..

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait for him to talk to me, if he was still too shy I'd find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    I personally believe that if a guy truly likes me, he would ask me out, otherwise it just has 'He's just not that into you' written all over it. But that doesn't apply to every guy, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely try to get to the stage where you can have a conversation with him then you have more of an idea what's going on. When you do talk to him though try to think about things from his perspective so you know how you're coming across and how you would react if you were shy like him. I'm stuck at the next stage, we are now very good friends and I think we both like each other but neither of us will make a move. I've been advised just to let things take their course and that over time something will naturally just happen.

ReputationRep:
    Definately approach him- be friendly, but sedate. Don't just blurt out that you fancy giving him a ride, I suppose you'd have to be prepared to take it slow- I know I can't ask a girl out until I'm one hundred percent sure that she'll reciprocate, and one hundred percent sure that our personalities complement each other.

Show interest, but don't be too heavy is what I'm saying. Stop your conversations from being about average small talk things and show a real interest in the person, that's the best way to show a shy guy that you're interested I think.

Good luck, I hope it works out great

ReputationRep:
    despair...
    and give up

ReputationRep:
    another relationship thread from Hey TSR :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thy who does not have the balls to approach woman will never sleep with said woman.

Simplez

ReputationRep:
    you either talk to him out yourself (if you want to) or you make the situation so that it would be really really stupid not to talk to you. shy guys often just need a confidence boost, which they never get because girls wont make the first move. Just do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evanesyne)
    I personally believe that if a guy truly likes me, he would ask me out.
    It very often doesn't work out like that. But a guy kinda has to if he wants to get anywhere nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    i had this problem. this guy liked me, a lot according to his friends, and he talked to me but only over internet and text etc, which obviously isn't sufficient. over time, a LOT of time (two years), i was getting on with my life, not really noticing him that much. his best friend told me that he'd said to him something along the lines of: 'i was always too shy to do anything even though i really liked her, and then after getting to know her as well i liked her more, if she'd always been the one starting conversations and stuff i'd never have come out of my shell but i realized what i really wanted and being shy wouldn't get me anywhere.' i still have what his best friend said to me in an email somewhere but cba to find it basically. my point is, if you have a shy guy after you, let him realize what he really wants and make him go and get it. if that's what you want too, if you don't mind initiating everything then obviously that's fine too. and if you are the shy guy looking for girls opinions... go and get it. girls are so human, no matter how they seem.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.