Turn on thread page Beta

applying for a tuition fee loan - what counts as a qualification? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am a Swedish student applying for the tuition fee loan by SLC, as I am to study in the UK fall 2010. I have a brief question concerning the form-filling:

what does qualification mean (as in 'did you achieve a qualification?') ? is it a degree (for example BA, MA) or could it be just that you completed and passed a course you took?

My situation is that I studied medicine for half a year, and then interrupted my studies. Thus I did not get an MB, but I completed and passed the courses I took and I recieved grades in them. Is this a case of achieveing a qualification?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    A qualification is something like a BA, MA, GCSE, A-Level etc. If you discontinued your studies halfway through your degree then I don't think you will have obtained a qualification, else I'm sure you'd know about it!

ReputationRep:
    You will havw been considered to have had a year of university.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.