Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on Primark? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I buy plain t-shirts to wear with other things and my work trousers from there

ReputationRep:
    I buy underwear and vest tops from Primark, because they're each £1.50 or under. I have bought the occasional cardigan, bag and some jewellery too. I don't really like any of the other stuff (printed T-shirts, floral items etc). Oh, and leggings, because I get through so many.

ReputationRep:
    I buy underwear and socks from there, but not actual clothes so often. I bought a swear from there once and in the first wash it was ruined. I find the quality quite crap, so I'd rather pay £5 more from a "proper" high street store and be able to use it for longer.

edit: oh and tights, because I snag them anyway, so I might as well only pay £3 for 5 pairs then the amount I could pay per pair and snag them the first time I wear them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I love it, although the sizes are never the same on two different items and the queues are ridiculous. The quality isn't brilliant, although a couple of years ago I got a top for £1 and it hasn't fallen apart yet :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think the clothes are pretty awful, tbh. The quality's abysmal and they're often just really nasty.

ReputationRep:
    Good for socks, boxers, plain t-shirts (got a pack of three and they've lasted me ages), bedding (relatively good quality for the price), and house stuff

ReputationRep:
    I get stuff that are plain and it doesnt matter that everyone has. ie. vest tops, socks, underwear, daps (lol, I got some white ones, they got dirty and got some black ones) and a pair of white fake uggs :P

ReputationRep:
    Usually the amount of people and the type of people in there puts me off more than the actual clothes. It's so busy and full of people with no manners at all who knock you around and always drop clothes on the floor without picking them back up!

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievably unethical, incredibly busy and pretty crappy clothes.

Take a guess how much I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateRosie)
    I've also bought things and then changed buttons and customised so it doesn't look like it's from Primark. Also always get asked if my primark bag is from river island... pretty good for something I only pay £4 for!
    Thats an excellent idea! I've been planning on doing this for a while but just been so lazy. :o:

ReputationRep:
    DON'T BUY THE SHOES!!! Those pumps might only cost £4 but they fall to bits within a weeks so you only get £2 wear from them. Buy socks but not tights cos tights die in the washing machine, go to asda or New look for those. And knitwear goes bobbly and disgusting in the wash too. Rest of stuff is a bit shabby but nothing to complain about for the price.

ReputationRep:
    a load of absolute ****, but you cant expect anything less from a company that exploits so many people in the process of making their clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Great for the basics, but their coats fall apart after 2 weeks of wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    £2 plimsolls
    I've had the exact same ones from many other shops that fell apart with a month or so.
    Whereas the Primark ones never failed, the only reason I have for throwing them out was because they got too dirty.

ReputationRep:
    Good for boxers, socks and cheap £4 plimsoles that are inevitably going to be ruined by clubbing in.

Though t-shirts, jackets and jeans are worth a few more pounds extra investments.

(Original post by DJkG.1)
    Never bought anything from there... simply because EVERYBODY else does!!!
    :ditto: Don't want to look like a clone :P

ReputationRep:
    i love primark :love:

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate it, but now i'm broke i've realised just how amazing it is. If you look hard enough there are some real gems although their prices do seem to be increasing

ReputationRep:
    Not a huge fan... the stuff's become tackier as the prices get higher

ReputationRep:
    Love it! Great for plain stuff

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.