Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    :ditto: Don't want to look like a clone :P
    Order some Ugg boots and shop at Topshop then. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hate it hate it hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I say I like something that someone is wearing or ask where they got it from, it's always Primark!

Whenever I go in myself though, I only see crap!

I'm starting to think they see me coming and hide all the good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    They sell really ugly clothes and are of bad quality

ReputationRep:
    The clothes are a bad quality and its starting to get more expensive. Its still cheaper than other high street shops though.

ReputationRep:
    I only hate it because it's a mess. Whenever I walk in there, there are clothes all around the floor ;p

ReputationRep:
    Love it

(Original post by Joseph90)
    Order some Ugg boots and shop at Topshop then. :rolleyes:
    Thanks, but no thanks. Can't stand them. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I like their jumpers, they are only about £5, I've bought 5 recently and they are good enough quality.

ReputationRep:
    I have a love/hate relationship with Primark. I hate thinking about the unethical ways in which they produce their goods and how little they pay their workers for the painstaking jobs that they undertake. However, simply as a consumer nobody can completely say that they hate primark and will never shop there - simply because their products have so many functions. If you're not going to wear their 'fashion' range they provide cheap clothing for fancy dress, to use on an adventure holiday or to do decorating in etc. They successfully produce cheaper clones of the highly demanded products TopShop sell. They are a good business whether you like it or not!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's really worth going to on a shopping trip. If you shop in there wisely you won't end up looking like everyone else. It depends what you buy and what you wear it with. I had something on from Primark and someone thought I'd got it from topshop. I'd never buy anything that I think looks typically Primark, such as tacky printed tops and such. I mix everything together; cheap and more expensive and come up with my own style from lots of different places mashed together.
    It does resemble a jumble sale though.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BringMeThatHorizon)
    Cheap and tacky, but brilliant. You know deep down that y'all cant live without it.
    THIS

ReputationRep:
    The tip is o go really early in the morning then there are less people there and less stuff on the floor. Yes things a getting more expensive. Someimes I might see something I like but thats becoming more and more rare now. I dont have problems with things not lasting that much however I know that zips go really easily. Mum gets my brothers school trousers from there because he constantly ruins them but to be honest they are like £12 which is more expensive than before so I think that you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emster)
    THIS
    you get me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I might be uninformed here, but is there any evidence to believe that Primark exploits its workers more than other clothing companies? You might pay more elsewhere, but that doesn't necessarily go to the workers - the company could just make more of a profit per item.
    Sorry if I have missed anything here, I'm just uncertain about it all.

My personal Primark experience: The really busy, messy stores are a bit distressing, and I think their quality is a bit hit-and-miss. I think some of their clothes are potentially very good buys if you make them part of your own style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emster)
    THIS
    oh and i would rep you today but i cant rep until tomorrow but dont worry, you have my word. tomorrow thou art be +repped x

ReputationRep:
    good for things that will get destroyed for the fancy dress cause :woo: Yellow t shirt for £1.89 that I drew big black lines across as part of a bee costume

ReputationRep:
    Love their jeans and underwear, i've got some pumps and they are bad for falling apart, some of the jewellery if you're just looking for something casual and everyday is nice, and plain tops :love:

I don't do the prints/dress stuff though, it's rising in price and it looks a bit crap :/ for everyday stuff I love it, but something individual...go vintage shopping. Cheap and awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the things there look quite cheap.. Like a £12 white belted shirt that there was loads of last summer isn't very nice compared to one from New Look or something which is probably about £16. I like the plain t-shirts and vest tops though, and the underwear is ok. I like the jewellery, bags and accessories. I wouldn't buy like a proper outfit from there, just bits and bobs really.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.