Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've bought a few things from there.
    Like clothes for fancy dress and a couple of other things.
    But it is a load of cheap tat.:p: Has a few things now and agin though.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever been in Primark whilst being dragged around by girls.

(Original post by Tefhel)
    Cheap crap comes to mind. Their clothes feel incredibly rough and poorly made. Would never buy from them, ever. I think it's really only a shop for cheapskates who don't care about their appearance. They're probably OK clothes for lounging around in but not something you'd ever wear in public. There isn't even one near where I live so it's not really a big deal.

People like you are hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateRosie)
    I've been wearing my primark coat for 3 yrs and still looks like new! Guess it depends on style and fabric
    Wowzers, I guess so, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the Oxford street primark once.. and i never will again.

It was a jumble sale with rude and pushy people everywhere. Ugh.

I only own a few things from primark, usually what my dear mum gets me She enjoys the thrill of pushing past everyone and grabbing what she can XD

ReputationRep:
    I desperately try to avoid any Primark.
    Most times I am successful.
    I am often successful often in not being dragged in by my better half. I do this by feigning illness and claiming it will get worse if I set foot in Primark.

She just rolls her eyes and saunters off. Meanwhile I get to escape to WH Smith or HMV.

Result!

ReputationRep:
    They have pretty good t-shirts and tops. Not too keen on their trousers, especially Jeans - NO GO

ReputationRep:
    Only for basics like underwear and socks, tbh. Also, sometimes they have alright basics like plain coloured long sleeved tops. But jumpers and cardigans from there go all funny and lose shape pretty much as soon as you put them on. (I bought a grey jumper from there once, the arms went all funny and the rest of it just look like it was hanging about :lolwut:) - Horrible for jeans/trousers/legwear/whateveryouwishyoucallit, imo.

ReputationRep:
    It's almost as horrible as walking in to TK Maxx.

ReputationRep:
    I went in there today and for the first time there was not one item of clothing on the floor! :eek3:

Usually I only get basics in there like vests and pyjamas. I love the pyjamas in there.

ReputationRep:
    Love it. I tend to wear generic plain clothes, so Primark suits me fine. I think I have about 8 of their strappy tops, just mix and match that with a couple of cardigans, skirt, thick black tights and plimsolls. Not everyone's cup of tea I know. I always manage to ladder my tights on the first wear, so paying £1.40 for a pack of 5 pairs suits me fine. I don't buy any going-out clothes from Primark, I prefer to buy slightly less recognisably-cheap dresses from elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Crap quality but you can find a good thing in there every now and then. I found a nice hiking jacket in there a few months ago at a cheap price.

ReputationRep:
    Not good quality

Bought some bras last year, first one I was at work and the strap just popped off (where it was sewn on). thank the lord I'm only a 34D!!

ReputationRep:
    Best outlet in the ******* world. Seriously.

The whole issue of 'everyone has the same stuff' is a non issue really. The only people who tend to say this are the people who buy into every fashion trend as it moves along. Here's a tip: DRESS UNIQUELY, NOT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.

I've bought shoes, belts, shirts, t-shirts and jeans from Primark before (and underwear, cheap as hell), but because I mix my Primark stuff with other highstreet brands and designer labels, it makes everything easy. There's never this problem of 'having the same stuff'.

It's quite ironic actually. Topman for example, has jeans for £50 and above, yet at any given time, you'll probably see three people in the same store with the same item of clothing on. Go figure.

Primark is cheap as hell, and the clothing kicks arse.

ReputationRep:
    Does this only happen to me or everyone else?.....what I mean is that I will scour primark for something nice, ,maybe even a little bit different and find zero. Then, when I am at the till, I always see loads of others with pieces that are lovely and yet I couldnt find them!!. Is there something I am missing here :p: .

ReputationRep:
    I used to really like it and got loads there. But now it seems if there's anything decent EVERYONE will have it so I've gone off it a bit, plus some stuff has got more expensive and is catching up with places like New Look! I buy knickers, vest tops, hair accessories etc in there quite often, but apart from that it's gone down in my estimations.

ReputationRep:
    There are some things in there that are nice, but most of it is rubbish. Sizes are all weird, bad quality clothing and the prices are increasing, so you're better off buying better fitting, better quality clothing in a shop like new look

Can't believe they have started doing gift cards now....WHATS THAT ABOUT?!?!

ReputationRep:
    might be slightly biased as I work at Primark but I don't see what's wrong with it.
    yeah some of the stuff may be poor quality, but what can you expect for cheap prices? I'd much rather buy something for a fiver that lasts a couple of months than pay £30+ for something that lasts a bit longer. Tbh even topshop stuff falls apart so it doesn't matter where you buy it from.

I had a primark coat for over a year and I've only just got rid of it because i got it caught on something and it ripped. It was in excellent condition until it ripped and I wore it all the time. I've had coats from topshop and dorothy perkins where the buttons and stuff have fallen off after a month or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_k)
    Can't believe they have started doing gift cards now....WHATS THAT ABOUT?!?!
    Haha we were talking about this just the other day, imagine you got that as a gift and THEY WEREN'T BEING IRONIC :p:

ReputationRep:
    Primark is a shop which all UK girls worship...even though its pretty much the "lidl" (supermarket) of the clothes shops..somehow women think they will look good in most of the £1-10 stuff in there therefore they buy huge quantities at a time, and even fight for an item if there is only one left. To illustrate this....one should go to the Oxford street branch in London..where the male to female ratio is 1:1000000, one should also go there if they want to see good quality cat fights and young girls walking around like there super models with their buy one get one free deals.......*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    I like it since I don't have the cash to spend £20 on t-shirts. However, they really need to sort out the sizes in there, and I really hate most of the other people who shop at Primark (mainly because they're all dolled up with fake tan whereas I'm just there in some jeans and a hoodie).

What I usually do if I've seen something I like but it's not the plain, basic stuff I keep it in my wardrobe for a few months until it's no longer on sale and anyone else who bought it will have chucked it out. That way I look original I'm doing this with a fake-leather military jacket I got which I love, but all the chavvy types at my school already own.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.