Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Slaughter the jews!" yells Islamic Society rep at Oxford University Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_true_message)
    http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/27...mean-kill-jews

This guy (Noor Rashid) might be expelled now because of his actions. What do you guys think?
    Should be kicked out, and deported if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjackson18624)
    'Khaybar, O Jews, we will win’- conquering and killing aren't necessarily the same thing but they do tend to go hand in hand.. I'm more surprised that the muslim prophet attacked a group of people...
    I assume you are talking about the Jews of Banu Qurayza.

There was a peace treaty between the Banu Qurayza and the Muslims. When the Quraysh went to attack Madinah Munawwarah, the Banu Qurayza broke the peace treaty and joined the Quraysh. When Allah Ta'ala gave victory to the Muslims in the battle of Khandaq, the Banu Qurayza went in their forts. Angel Jibraaeel came to the Prophet [saw] and said that Allah had ordered you to go to Banu Qurayza.

When the prophet [saw] went to Banu Qurayza, they surrounded their forts for 25 days. During these 25 days, Ka'ab ibn Asad gathered the people of Banu Qurayza and said to them that to gain victory from the Muslims, we will have to accept one choice from the three we have.

Ka'ab ibn Ansari said the first choice is that we bring faith in the prophet [saw] and his religion and become his followers, but the people rejected this. The second option is that you kill your kids and women and then you fight until you die. The Banu Qurayza did not accept this choice. The third option is that on a Saturday, we attack the Muslims. The Jews are not allowed to fight on a Saturday, so if they attack the Muslims it would be unexpected and there is a possibility for the Jews to win. However, the Banu Qurayza rejected this.

Afterwards, the Jews agreed upon whatever the prophet [saw] says we will agree to it. The prophet [saw] said to them that that 'are you not satisfied if this matter is handed over to someone amongst you?' The Jews agreed to this and the prophet [saw] said that is Sa'ad ibn Mu 'aadh was handed over this matter and all the Jews agreed to it.

Sa'ad ibn Mu'aadh said that all the young and strong men shall be killed whereas the sick and the old, women and the children shall be made slaves.

This was the incident which took place regarding the Banu Qurayza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_true_message)
    http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/27...mean-kill-jews

This guy (Noor Rashid) might be expelled now because of his actions. What do you guys think?
    kick him out

what a ******

ReputationRep:
    This website has pictures of the small man: http://www.hurryupharry.org/2010/02/...-rep/#comments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    I bet if it was a Christian society that yelled it out, it wouldn't be on that news let alone be posted on TSR.
    I'm pretty sure it would be actually. Anti-semitism should not, and is not, acceptable regardless of who expresses it.

Like they said, there were lot of people yelling at the time and he himself said he didn't say it.

If it is proven to be true though, then the university may take appropriate action, but I wouldn't want to see him get expelled because of a misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about whether he's intelligent or not, he should be kicked out. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Whatever people think, please know that this man does not represent the muslim community. He speaks for no one but himself. Islam does not advocate this sort of biggotry and he is a disgrace as a human being.
    Maybe true but if I had a penny for everytime someone said "this person does not represent the whole of the muslim community" after a muslim does something like this then I'd be as rich as a jew. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt here is enough evidence or he said anythig bacd enough to get icked out of Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    When members of certain religions start attempting to indoctinate students in our universities into a belief system which advocates the mass murder of innocent people, I think checking that religious societies aren't inciting violence against other is perfectly justified. Think of it as a small price to pay for the security of people like the employees in the world trade centres, or the people on the christmas day flight.
    Got to love the demonization of the muslim here *sigh*

Islam is not a 'belief system which advocates the mass murder of innocent people'. That is what these twisted *******s have hijacked and manipulated in order to act out their disgusting views. Muslims are just as innocent as any other individual and we don't need discrimination.

But if you want to be extra pragmatic about it, how do you think these extremists (I refuse to call them muslims), would feel being put under pressure? Do you think it'll antagonise whole communities or will it rightly put pressure on the necessary individuals?

I agree with you, ALL extremist positions need to be pressured and no offence should be taken lightly. But a blanket discrimination is an absolutely abhorent view. Maybe we should make them all wear identity badges so we can weed out the muslims from non-muslims. Oh wait, hitler did that to the jews...

Give this video a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhdOWRQ4ddQ

you'll see what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    oh, i wonder if Noor Rashid is a fellow follower of Assed Baig

ReputationRep:
    He should be more than expelled,he should be out in prison!!!
    If herants about how we should "slaughter the jews" he is obviously capable of some terrible things especially if he has the opportunity.
    people say its nothing to do with the islam religion to be racist, that maybe, but it is to do with the islamic people and no one can deny that.
    Muslim schools in Britain sometimes have the pupils write essays on how the jews are pigs and monkey etc, yes kids that will grow up with this ignorance in Britain!
    Jews are simply nothing but a credit to society, and i wont even go into what an amazing country Israel is (ive been,lived, studied there for 3 months) .
    Don't believe anything you read, its mostly crap anyways.
    and p.s this guy is crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Maybe true but if I had a penny for everytime someone said "this person does not represent the whole of the muslim community" after a muslim does something like this then I'd be as rich as a jew. :p:
    Haha. I know, I know. It's said a lot, but the amount of times people go absolutely nuts.."OH MY GOD! LOOK AT WHAT THE MUSLIMS DID! WE NEED TO MONITOR THEM ALL THE TIME".

It needs to be reitterated, which is pretty annoying.
    My parents are muslims, and they're perfectly normal, law abiding, cohesive people, just as much as any non-muslim. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    What do you mean "what do you think?", obviously it's stupid, but it's just another excuse to create a thread to bash muslims aint it? Go ahead generalize us narrow-minded retards. I bet if it was a Christian society that yelled it out, it wouldn't be on that news let alone be posted on TSR.
    Wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    I thought they had selection processes designed to weed out people who are lacking in intelligence.

The fact that the Christmas-day-bomber was the leader of the Islamic Society at UCL, and also someone who had invited radical Islamists to speak at the university just goes to show that perhaps universities (like Oxford, in this case) would benefit from placing more scrutiny on the people they let in.
    GOD OH GOD OH GOD look some very clever and politically astute people have in history been MASSIVE RACISTS and fanatics. Just get a grip and accept you got rejected.

As for scrutinising the people they let in: i) are you seriously suggesting Oxford do not scrutinise you hard enough? They are an academic institution, therefore they assess your ACADEMIC suitability for the course. If the guy was applying for some kind of science do you really think it would be appropriate to ask him his opinions on Jews or indeed anything else? ii) Are you actually suggesting universities should vet their applicants politically? Is that really what you want? Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    ...a classic Arabic battle cry referring to a seventh-century attack by Mohammed on the Jewish community in Khaybar where the Jews were conquered and made to pay half of their income to the Muslim population.

wow muslims, your prophet sounds like a great guy..

ReputationRep:
    I love how the question of whether he should be thrown out is treated in terms of whether someone from TSR might get in instead. Keep on keepin' on, kids!

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as they don't kill Adam Sandler, it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly I don't think any respectable university should continue to educate a man who supports racial genocide, as Noor Rashid plainly does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Quite frankly I don't think any respectable university should continue to educate a man who supports racial genocide, as Noor Rashid plainly does.
    He apologised afterwards.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.