Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody recommend a good cleanser/moisteriser? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, recently my skin has become quite dry and I've got a few spots :mad: I usually have pretty good, clear skin. My diets probably been a bit rubbish recently so I'm going to try eat more healthily from tomorrow but does anybody know any decent cleansers or moisterisers I could use to clear my skin up?

The usual Clearasil and such seem to just make my skin even worse so I don't want anything like that!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Clearasil is crap.

I'd recommend Lush cleansers. They're all natural ingredients, and just make my skin feel amazing. I've got crazy skin, which is oily one day, and dry as hell the next, and I'm currently breaking out as well, but I've got a few products from Lush which help calm my skin down so much. If you've got a shop near you, then go in and talk to an SA, they'll help you out. If not, then I've also heard good things about the Soap and Glory range.

ReputationRep:
    Clarins is AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    I've got some Soap and Glory (although not the face wash) but I can definitely vouch for the brand. I'm actually thinking of buying the facewash. For a moisteriser, I use the Body Shop and it's amazing

ReputationRep:
    I know , I know, you don't want to hear anyone recommending Clearasil, but they do have one for sensitive skin and it leaves your skin moisturised. I know a lot of people complain about it leaving your skin dry, but this one does moisturise it. = ).

ReputationRep:
    For a really good cleanse, try Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore Face Peel, it's on offer in boots at the moment, and it always leaves my skin feeling really soft.

ReputationRep:
    I've been switching between different ones lately but Liz Earle superskin moisturiser is good (a lil pricey though at £32-ish). Boots No 7 usually have a good selection. I'm currently using their dry/normal daily moisturiser and it's good. When my skin is really dry I use Nivea Creme (blue tub cream) but only at night, as it's a lil too greasy for the day.

EDIT: Without hijacking the thread, is Soap and Glory actually good, is it just hype because of the packaging? :p:

ReputationRep:
    keihls have really nice cleansers although they are quite pricey. I find simple's products are quite good especially their moisturiser. I have quite dry skin too and find astral works well although it is quite greasy. I tend to use it as an overnight cream.

ReputationRep:
    Clearasil makes me break out and loads of people I know have this problem too. I found that switching to the medicated "problem skin" ranges immediately cleared my skin up and balanced it out. This is after trying about every brand over the whole price range of skincare. I got on well with Simple, E45, dermol and have now settled on Cetaphil.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Body Shop Vitamin E stuff best (out of what I've tried). I've never tried any of the "high-end" ranges (eg. Liz Earl, Clinique etc) for fear that I'd get addected :p:. The Vitamin E stuff (I use their intensive moisturiser gives me really soft skin though so I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    I swear by my Simple face scrub (green for normal skin, blue for oily skin - I use green) as a daily cleanser. I follow it up with the Garnier ultra-Lift Pro X Rollerball moisturiser just cos it's quite light and easy to apply, or Biore moisturiser if skin is shiny.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are very serious about your skin in that case I would not suggest you any cleanser or moisteriser, It's my personal experience do yoga in 9 days you will definitely find difference and this will be a long term effect.

ReputationRep:
    Oil of Olay beauty fluid - you barely feel it on but it really works. You can get a sensitive one too if you need it. It's also not too expensive.
    I've tried quite a few moisturisers in the past but alot of them clogged my skin up or felt too thick.

I also find that Body Shop Tee Tree Facewash works like magic for spots. The bottle lasts for ages and the facewash doesn't smell too strongly and is fine for sensitive skin.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.