(Original post by rajandkwameali)
    How?
    Taken directly from my response to your other thread:

Do you know any other words?

How what?

ReputationRep:
    How?
    what the ****? stop saying how..... i mean really... obviously you get more mature from all the experiences that you had in the past 10 years....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    but in reality, nothing of what I was at 15 remains in me today.
    such as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Taken directly from my response to your other thread:

Do you know any other words?

How what?
    I didn't understand what you meant.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't understand what you meant.
    I was answering your question. You gave examples of 'change', and I confirmed them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I HEART KFC!!!)
    what the ****? stop saying how..... i mean really... obviously you get more mature from all the experiences that you had in the past 10 years....
    OK.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, funny this thread came up now - I read my diaries for the first time since writing them at the age of 14-16 last night. I know it's the cliche thing to do, but Christ, I cringed at them! They're simply dreadful. It's not that my general world views have changed since I was 14, but my maturity and my level of judgement definitely have.

I think I'm going to burn those diaries today. I don't really want anyone else finding and reading them!

ReputationRep:
    Well people are generally different. Most are married, settled down, finishing university at that age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    Well people are generally different. Most are married, settled down, finishing university at that age.
    Average age of marriage is 31.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)
    such as?
    Such as everything.

ReputationRep:
    Average age of marriage is 31.
    May be but most people from my year at school are married with kids now or at uni. I am just stating from my own experiences.

ReputationRep:
    theyre 10 years older?

ReputationRep:
    Such as everything.
    hurm...specifically if you may?

ReputationRep:
    Well, being 25, I may be well placed to answer this.

Completely and totally different as you may expect. There are certain small personality traits that may or may not stick with you between that period, but in reality, nothing of what I was at 15 remains in me today.
    Ditto (as a 25 year-old), apart from my dashing good looks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mja)
    Actually at 25 I think I'm quite similar to how I was at 15. Older, wiser and more mature perhaps, but I don't think my underlying character has changed. I'm probably exactly the person at 25 that my parents/teachers would have predicted that I would be when I was 15.

So I don't think people necessarily do change that much. They develop, but core personality traits and values may well stay the same.
    I agree with this.

I'm 22 and I recently met up with a friend who I haven't seen since we were 15. Nothing had changed in our core personalities - we picked up where we left off. The only difference is we were going to bars instead of Pizza Hut...

When you get older, you become more mature, worldly wise, confident, and sure of what you want. But you're still the same person deep down.

ReputationRep:
    I've got just under 18 months until I reach the ancient age of 25. But I feel that since 15 I've become a lot more sociable and confident. I've wised up (learned from past mistakes) about the world around me and have become less idealistic. I also wish I had the 'problems' I had when I was 15 compared to the ones I have now. One comes to realise that, apart from extreme cases, they were nothing.

But the growing up isn't over yet. I must still seem like a naive child to somebody in their thirties.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, most persons by 25 grow out of being a Goth or chav. Or is this a wrong appraisal?
    Hmm....more for the former than the latter. Goth's generally grow out of that mind set (or don't express it as readily through clothing and ****) but there's chavs everywhere, and of all ages. But that doesn't mean they all stay the same.

So, if a person aged 15 is quiet and timid, say, and by 25 they're loud, outgoing and charismatic, is this change?
    Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    May be but most people from my year at school are married with kids now or at uni. I am just stating from my own experiences.
    Referencing your own experience is a bad idea when speaking about issues that deal with the vast majority of the population.

I learned that at some point between the age of 15 and 25.

ReputationRep:
    At 25 I think I'm less tolerant of people who treat me like crap - 10 years ago, if a friend starting being a **** and messing me about, I would have been the one making all the effort and blaming myself if we fell out, but now I've no qualms about telling them to get lost. Having said that, I'm generally more laid-back and less likely to be involved in petty, pointless arguments and poin-scoring.

ReputationRep:
    Referencing your own experience is a bad idea when speaking about issues that deal with the vast majority of the population.

I learned that at some point between the age of 15 and 25.
    Okie doke but it's the only experience I know of.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.