Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Economics and business the same as Economics? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    They are different, however my older brother went to college to study Economics and Business but in his PS he mainly talked about Economics only. He got all 5 offers, of course there are other factors that may have got him that. He also has a Maths and Economics degree. So in short, I wouldn't worry about it.
    IMO, it's like Maths and Media Studies(I know that doesn't exist) but once you see Maths, that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    So is economics and business not as respected as just economics then?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by blueflame8)
    So is economics and business not as respected as just economics then?
    To be honest it looks more business than economics from the specification. It is not as respected as Economics because its a mixture of economics and business however if your school doesnt offer full economics A level and you apply apply for an economics degree the university will know that was all you were offered and therefore you wont be that much disadvantaged.

ReputationRep:
    I think I may just not do it, I am aiming to do law at Uni. I had originally chosen to do English Lit at A level, and then was put off by how hard it seemed to get an A - which is where I started thinking of economics. Yet I'd rather not take a subject, that isn't respected, so I may just go back to English. =/ It's hard to choose.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by blueflame8)
    I think I may just not do it, I am aiming to do law at Uni. I had originally chosen to do English Lit at A level, and then was put off by how hard it seemed to get an A - which is where I started thinking of economics. Yet I'd rather not take a subject, that isn't respected, so I may just go back to English. =/ It's hard to choose.
    For a law degree, i'd personally go English literature >> Economics >> Economics & business >> English Language

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll do English lit then =), I'll just have to work hard.

Thanks everyone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.