The Student Room Group

my heart.... ?

erm, just now my heart rate for absolutey no reason just went really really fast, and then i went into a bit of a panic, dont get it mixed up, it went in order of my heart suddenly beating really really fast, THEN the panic attack

... I am 6'3, ~10st5lb, healthy diet(get in plenty of veg, fruit, meat, chocolate).... 18 male btw... Although I appear quite muscley I probably dont get as much exercise as I should, but I still get some..

I take no drugs that impairs the heart at all.

so I was just happily doing my coursework, then boom... i felt inside my chest go all weird, and then my heart rate.. woah..

I'm obviously quite worried about this... this has never happened before, I do have a family history of heart problems though, but the people who got the heart problems are all fat o_O , I'm thin...

Also I suffer from depression, but that kind of comes in phases, today has been a good day, i've felt perfectly fine all day, not felt down once, I'm on no medication for depression too (as I refuse to go on any)

Well, I need to see the doctor tommorow, tuesday or wednesday anyway, for him to sign something, so I'll mention this to him, but for now, does anyone know what the hell that could have been ??
Reply 1
palpitations?
are you having too much caffeine?
Reply 3
Anonymous
erm, just now my heart rate for absolutey no reason just went really really fast, and then i went into a bit of a panic, dont get it mixed up, it went in order of my heart suddenly beating really really fast, THEN the panic attack

... I am 6'3, ~10st5lb, healthy diet(get in plenty of veg, fruit, meat, chocolate).... 18 male btw... Although I appear quite muscley I probably dont get as much exercise as I should, but I still get some..

I take no drugs that impairs the heart at all.

so I was just happily doing my coursework, then boom... i felt inside my chest go all weird, and then my heart rate.. woah..

I'm obviously quite worried about this... this has never happened before, I do have a family history of heart problems though, but the people who got the heart problems are all fat o_O , I'm thin...

Also I suffer from depression, but that kind of comes in phases, today has been a good day, i've felt perfectly fine all day, not felt down once, I'm on no medication for depression too (as I refuse to go on any)

Well, I need to see the doctor tommorow, tuesday or wednesday anyway, for him to sign something, so I'll mention this to him, but for now, does anyone know what the hell that could have been ??

Did you think of something naughty? :zomg:
definitely get it checked out. family history of heart problems is a indicator ur more likely, and being fat will make it even more likely but being thin wont rule it out.
Reply 5
I've had a few of them, so has my mum. We're both coffee addicts though...

Wouldn't worry yourself over it, but get it checked out.
Reply 6
I used to get this all the time, sometimes it was so bad I could put something on my chest and watch it jump up and down really hard and fast with my heartbeat.
I went to the doctors about it and had some blood tests but they found nothing and it stopped after about a month anyways. I think it was because I was really down and had a lot of things on my mind.
Reply 7
healthy diet(get in plenty of veg, fruit, meat, chocolate)

If you think chocolate is healthy I'm not surprised you're having heart troubles.
Reply 8
I've had a few episodes of this, lasting 2-3 hours, just when I'm in bed trying to sleep. Then I had one where my heart rate was so slow I was about to faint as I tried to phone the doctor. Had ECG but by this time heart back to normal. had to wear a monitor for 48 hours but nothing happened and no reoccurrences so that was it. No explanation for it at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending