Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My dissertation is basically a no go at the moment. I've only written about 300 words, through no body's fault but my own, I've got no motivation at all it seems! Think I need a kick up the bum. Anyone got any tips for getting it written? Best way to tackle it etc? I need to get a shifty on, can't leave it much longer really.

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The only way I've managed to get mine done is by going to places where there is nobody that I know, no internet, no TV and no food. The sheer boredom drives you to actually work on the dissertation =P

ReputationRep:
    Just think that if you don't get it completed in a few months you will lose 40% of your exam grade and most likely fail unless you are a genius in textual analysis/creative writing and essays. You're dissertation is what could change the overall grade from a fail to a C or C-B or B-A so don't waste time and try and do a good job.

Personally, I've been going at mine for months now and its still not completed, I'm almost over my word limit - 4365 words - just can't wait for the red pen.

Ohh and I don't think you would want the SQA van to come and pick up a half-finished dissertation...

I did my first draft before Christmas, haven't changed it since Aiming to have it completed before the end of this month, at the best standard I can.

Tbh, you can have a good draft in a couple of weeks. Chillax! You still have all of this month, next month, Easter holidays ... It'll be fine.

I feel like I should be consulting dozens of different sources, but I'm really only using two or three really good ones atm :o: Oscar Wilde's plays are over a century old though so quite a bit has been written about them!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.