Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like P Diddy?

EDIT:

(Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I find feeling like P Diddy usually helps.
    Damn, beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I have to stay in bed for 5 minutes before my morning erection goes down and I can stumble into the shower and cower in the corner.

ReputationRep:
    Same problem. Hiding the alarm clock or putting it across the room makes no difference, I'll just get up and put it off.

I need 9-10 hours sleep to be able to comfortably wake up, plus I don't get to sleep for a while when I go to bed, so getting up for a 9 lecture means bed at 11 ffs.

Keep a glass of water next to your bed and throw it over yourself in the morning when your clock goes off.

ReputationRep:
    You have to commando roll out of your bed and then turn off your alarm.

Note: make sure you move any bed-side tables away from your bed beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Keep a glass of water next to your bed and throw it over yourself in the morning when your clock goes off.
    And please remember to be `tactful` about where you throw that water, too..:nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping is a requirement of university life.

It has completely screwed up my body clock. I hit snooze five times the other morning. I don't know how I used to be able to get up at 6am for college without an alarm even.

WHY CAN'T I GET UP ANYMORE? fml

ReputationRep:
    I put my alarm clock at the other end of the room, get up, turn it off, go back to bed.

I fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I put my alarm clock at the other end of the room, get up, turn it off, go back to bed.

I fail.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I was so going to go there!

OP, yeah I have the same problem. No matter how early I go to bed!

ReputationRep:
    It's the time of year- I firmly believe we should all be hibernating right now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I find if I get straight out of bed without thinking and jump in the shower/make a coffee I'm absolutely fine but if I hit the snooze button it starts a vicious cycle resulting in me missing most of my morning classes and lectures.

ReputationRep:
    My sister has this problem it makes her late so I move the alarm clock across the room to get her out of bed, cos its cold it gives her body a little shock and wakes her up. If she tries to get back in bed I get my water gun.

ReputationRep:
    Totally thought of that song when i read the thread title... Anyways, i used to be like this and being more active really reduced the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I used to set my alarm on my phone, turn the light off, and throw it somewhere. :mmm:

Scratched it up pretty bad though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    I find if I get straight out of bed without thinking and jump in the shower/make a coffee I'm absolutely fine but if I hit the snooze button it starts a vicious cycle resulting in me missing most of my morning classes and lectures.
    Lol, exactly this! I have fallen asleep in the shower once or twice though... (Against cold tiles, aswell -.-).

I hate getting out of the shower, putting on a towel and realising I've left my brush/deodorant/face wash in my bedroom, though. Whenever I walk back in my bed looks soooo warm...

Actually, I was late like, three times in the past week for exactly this.

@OP: I find it's best to have someone wake you... Or set your phone to a song you don't mind listening to. I have one of those old-fashioned alarm clocks, too (the one with two bells) which works really well.

ReputationRep:
    I set my alarm for like 1/2 an hour before I have to wake up so it feels like i'm snoozing and by the time i have to get up i'm usually awake anyway.
    ...Well it works most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I can never get up on time when I'm living in London, but when I'm at my parents' house, I can get up as early as I want and wake up by 6am every day completely naturally. I doubt I'll ever understand it! Sleep/tiredness is a strange, strange thing...

When I'm in London and desperately need to get up, I set my alarm and put it on the other side of the room, so I have to get out of bed to reach it. Works every time!

ReputationRep:
    If I need to wake up, I'll set the alarm for a bit before. Snooze, then get my phone out and check facebook/twitter/texts, then by the time i've finished on my phone i don't feel like sleeping anymore. :p: Also i used to set my tv to turn on in the mornings to wake me up.

ReputationRep:
    I have three alarms that go off one after another, still doesn't wake me up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.