Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like P Diddy?

EDIT:

(Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I find feeling like P Diddy usually helps.
    Damn, beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I have to stay in bed for 5 minutes before my morning erection goes down and I can stumble into the shower and cower in the corner.

ReputationRep:
    Same problem. Hiding the alarm clock or putting it across the room makes no difference, I'll just get up and put it off.

I need 9-10 hours sleep to be able to comfortably wake up, plus I don't get to sleep for a while when I go to bed, so getting up for a 9 lecture means bed at 11 ffs.

Keep a glass of water next to your bed and throw it over yourself in the morning when your clock goes off.

ReputationRep:
    You have to commando roll out of your bed and then turn off your alarm.

Note: make sure you move any bed-side tables away from your bed beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Keep a glass of water next to your bed and throw it over yourself in the morning when your clock goes off.
    And please remember to be `tactful` about where you throw that water, too..:nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping is a requirement of university life.

It has completely screwed up my body clock. I hit snooze five times the other morning. I don't know how I used to be able to get up at 6am for college without an alarm even.

WHY CAN'T I GET UP ANYMORE? fml

ReputationRep:
    I put my alarm clock at the other end of the room, get up, turn it off, go back to bed.

I fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I put my alarm clock at the other end of the room, get up, turn it off, go back to bed.

I fail.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I was so going to go there!

OP, yeah I have the same problem. No matter how early I go to bed!

ReputationRep:
    It's the time of year- I firmly believe we should all be hibernating right now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I find if I get straight out of bed without thinking and jump in the shower/make a coffee I'm absolutely fine but if I hit the snooze button it starts a vicious cycle resulting in me missing most of my morning classes and lectures.

ReputationRep:
    My sister has this problem it makes her late so I move the alarm clock across the room to get her out of bed, cos its cold it gives her body a little shock and wakes her up. If she tries to get back in bed I get my water gun.

ReputationRep:
    Totally thought of that song when i read the thread title... Anyways, i used to be like this and being more active really reduced the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I used to set my alarm on my phone, turn the light off, and throw it somewhere. :mmm:

Scratched it up pretty bad though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    I find if I get straight out of bed without thinking and jump in the shower/make a coffee I'm absolutely fine but if I hit the snooze button it starts a vicious cycle resulting in me missing most of my morning classes and lectures.
    Lol, exactly this! I have fallen asleep in the shower once or twice though... (Against cold tiles, aswell -.-).

I hate getting out of the shower, putting on a towel and realising I've left my brush/deodorant/face wash in my bedroom, though. Whenever I walk back in my bed looks soooo warm...

Actually, I was late like, three times in the past week for exactly this.

@OP: I find it's best to have someone wake you... Or set your phone to a song you don't mind listening to. I have one of those old-fashioned alarm clocks, too (the one with two bells) which works really well.

ReputationRep:
    I set my alarm for like 1/2 an hour before I have to wake up so it feels like i'm snoozing and by the time i have to get up i'm usually awake anyway.
    ...Well it works most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I can never get up on time when I'm living in London, but when I'm at my parents' house, I can get up as early as I want and wake up by 6am every day completely naturally. I doubt I'll ever understand it! Sleep/tiredness is a strange, strange thing...

When I'm in London and desperately need to get up, I set my alarm and put it on the other side of the room, so I have to get out of bed to reach it. Works every time!

ReputationRep:
    If I need to wake up, I'll set the alarm for a bit before. Snooze, then get my phone out and check facebook/twitter/texts, then by the time i've finished on my phone i don't feel like sleeping anymore. :p: Also i used to set my tv to turn on in the mornings to wake me up.

ReputationRep:
    I have three alarms that go off one after another, still doesn't wake me up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.