Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Waking up in the morning. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I find feeling like P Diddy usually helps.
    I actually thought that when I saw the title of the thread! Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    I have to put my alarm across the room from me because once I'm out of bed, I'm up (albeit a zombie).

I find knowing I have a reason to get up and having my slippers by the bed help a lot too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the exact same! Hence why I set my alarm to go off every 5 mins between 6am and 8am. One thing that works is that you take a long deep breath when you wake up - something biological prolly :p: If you can remember to take a breath, that is.

If only it was as easy as the Kesha song! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecheer)
    I don't know why but I just can't do it. Every morning my alarm goes off and I constantly hit the snooze button. Even when I go to bed at a descent time my body will just not let me get up early in the mornings. Anyone else have a similar problem or any advice for me?
    1. Put the alarm across the room so you have to get up and get it to shut the buggar up.
    2. Drink like a pint of water before going to bed...you'll wake up in the morning needing the toilet and that will again get you up .
    3. Set multiple alarms round the room.
    4. Get someone nice to ring you at a set time to wake you up until you get into routine.
    5. Go to bed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed that the post didn't carry on "feeling like P.Diddy!"

I have the same problem. Even when I put my alarm on the other side of the room, I just get up, turn it off and go back to bed :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eatsleepfolk)
    I actually thought that when I saw the title of the thread! Oh dear
    Brushing your teeth with a bottle of Jack might help wake up the OP as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    My sister has this problem it makes her late so I move the alarm clock across the room to get her out of bed, cos its cold it gives her body a little shock and wakes her up. If she tries to get back in bed I get my water gun.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Oh and
    INVEST IN ONE OF THESE
    http://www.uberreview.com/2006/03/to...arm-clocks.htm

ReputationRep:
    feeling like P diddy...
    i'm sorry, couldn't resist, had that bloody song stuck in my head all day.

Solution - put your alarm clock far away. Then set another alarm to go off further away about 30 seconds later - and if you like, another. My mum does this, it takes 4 consecutive alarms going from her room to the kitchen, but it wakes her up

ReputationRep:
    I put my alarm clock AND my phone on the other side of the room, so I have to get up out of my warm bed to switch both to snooze.

It works though, if I had it by my bedside, I would oversleep everyday haha. Try turning the radio on as well or some music, it may help you feel more awake.

ReputationRep:
    put the alarm clock away from your bed so you'll have to get up and out of bed to switch it off or hit the snooze. by the time you get up to hit the thing, you'll be awake.. it works

ReputationRep:
    I use multiple alarms spread over time. It's quite easy if I have a reason to get up (lectures for example) but when there is no reason I do often keep pressing snooze I recommend changing your alarm.

(Original post by Spazzeh)
    put the alarm clock away from your bed so you'll have to get up and out of bed to switch it off or hit the snooze. by the time you get up to hit the thing, you'll be awake.. it works
    I do that, get up and turn it off, then go straight back to sleep again...

ReputationRep:
    Water by your bed, drink as much as you can face when the alarm goes off and I usually find that wakes me up just enough to keep my eyes open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Oh and
    INVEST IN ONE OF THESE
    http://www.uberreview.com/2006/03/to...arm-clocks.htm
    Oh my days, I want number 3 or 1! They sound quite exciting, although I would probably regret buying one after one morning of running around my room half asleep in the cold trying to catch my alarm!

ReputationRep:
    called being a teenager....*facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    My mate has an alarm clock where you can't turn off the alarm just by pressing a button. You have to point a laser pointer at a precise spot onf the clock, which takes a bit of concentration and usually wakes you up. It works.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still after the Wallace and Gromit style of being chucked through the floor into your clothes and breakfast.

Damn hard to find.

ReputationRep:
    I try the most annoying and loud tones ever. Maybe try opening the curtains and switching on lights (melatonin is released from the brain when it's dark to induce sleep). Put music or the radio on once your alarms have gone off so you have something to concentrate on?

ReputationRep:
    Try putting the alarm clock in the opposite corner of the room. If you get out of bed(to hit the snooze button, at least) you're safe

ReputationRep:
    i am probably worse than most people here.... school starts at 8:40... i sleep at like 11 pm every night but somehow i just feel really tired when i wake up... i always go back to sleep and miss the bus... i then drive to school and waste gas but yeah its an everyday battle for me lol... this morning i missed the bus... i woke up had breakfast and fell asleep on the table :facepalm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.