Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am worse than that I won't even respond to the alarm.
    It wakes up everyone in the house but not me.
    ANY SOLUTIONS?

ReputationRep:
    Same here, having to wake up at 6.30 for college is not the one..especially on a monday after having a three day weekend (fridays off )

i think putting your alarm clock away from the bed so you have to get up to turn it off might work.. unless you don't hear it lol

ReputationRep:
    me too!i place my alarm away from the bed but it doesnt help!!!:eek:
    i put it off and go to sleep again!:mad: :p:
    hey but i did this yesterday....
    drink 3-4 glasses of water before u go to sleep...
    u will surely get up when it rings or is about to...cuz of the pressure:yep: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marvin211)
    lol you are perfectly normal.. we are all like that !
    No, some of us are incredibly light sleepers.

Anyway, thread starter: put your alarm a slight distance from yourself maybe? Or get a second alarm to go off 10 minutes later?

ReputationRep:
    Try for a week or two going to bed even earlier and getting more sleep, just to see if that helps.

Keeping a routine is the best thing. When I started waking up at 7:30am I found it really, really hard to even move. Nowadays my body wakes up at 7:25am in preperation for getting up five minutes later. Don't change what time you go to bed or wake up at the weekends or in the holidays. Just makes keeping and getting into a routine harder.

i dont know what it is that makes me feel ALLIIIVEE every morning, even school days

ReputationRep:
    Be glad you can get to sleep at all!

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like.... Winehouse?

ReputationRep:
    you can get weird alarm clocks that almost force you up in the morning, i saw this one that shot the 'stoppy thingy' for lack of a better word like across the other side of the room and you actually have to get up, find it and re-attatch it to get it to shut the heck up.

but yeahh try hiding your alarm befor you go to bed you putting it outside your room so you have to get right up to turn it off.

Edit: Like thiss http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=13583

ReputationRep:
    I never used to have a problem getting up in the morning, but for the past 6 months or so I've been sleeping later than before. I don't go to bed especially late, I think I'm just incredibly lazy. Maybe if I did more in the daytime I would be more tired so would fall asleep sooner and thus wake up earlier. I don't know. My method for getting up on days when I have an early start is setting 3 alarms so that by the time the final one goes off I'm actually awake because of the previous two. I also think it would be easier to get up if it was warm and sunny; on grey, cold, miserable days there's nothing I'd rather do in the morning than go back to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    My scheme is:

A radio alarm clock plays the radio quietly
    a loud alarm goes off after 5 minutes
    my phone on the opposite side of the room goes off after another 5 minutes

if i know im only going to get a few hours sleep or have a massive hang-over I'll leave some pro-plus or red bull by my bed. Its not a nice way to wake up (makes you feel sick all morning) but it does the trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Could you schedule the fire alarm to go off in it's place instead?

That buggar will get you up, no doubt about it.

If you live at home, could you get someone to come in and take your duvet away/pull back the blinds/open the window wide so you have to get up?
    A bit off topic, but who's that in your sig? Looks kinda cool..

ReputationRep:
    It's a very common problem, especially if there isn't anything urgent that needs doing.

Apparently daylight is a big cue that tells your brain to stop producing the sleep hormone. I have a 'daylight' bulb on a socket timer by the side of my bed that turns on - along with recorded background noises like birdsong - half an hour before my alarm. This normally makes me wake up on its own, so I make myself drink a large glass of water (prepared the night before!). You'll feel instantly more awake when you're more hydrated.

Having done this I normally find it much easier to get out of bed when my alarm finally goes off. A much easier way of doing this is just to leave your curtains open, daylight hours permitting. The things other people have said about getting more sleep and having a regular routing are very important too.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinky198)
    A bit off topic, but who's that in your sig? Looks kinda cool..
    Till Lindemann of the band Rammstein

He is, indeed, very cool.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem. Just read a response on YA that recommends sleeping and waking up at the same times for two weeks (e.g. 10pm and 6am). If you skip a day, that week doesn't count. It sounds interesting and challenging so I'm going to try that from tomorrow and see if that helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.