Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Yeah, I posted a link: Clicky.
    Yeah, Claire pointed that out to me

Thanks, I bet know our teachers wouldn't even have known if we asked them on Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29chris29)
    Yeah, Claire pointed that out to me

Thanks, I bet know our teachers wouldn't even have known if we asked them on Monday
    Our AH teacher was awful at letting us know exactly how many class contact hours we had left!

ReputationRep:
    Our AH teacher was awful at letting us know exactly how many class contact hours we had left!
    We don't even have contact hours :|

Neglected much? :yep:

Yeah, independent learning and all that, but I need at least some guidance. Claire and I are basically left to our own devices - not the best way to get things done, especially when you're distracted by making scoobies, remember them? The plastic stringy things? Back to our childhood.

ReputationRep:
    We don't even have contact hours :|

Neglected much? :yep:

Yeah, independent learning and all that, but I need at least some guidance. Claire and I are basically left to our own devices - not the best way to get things done, especially when you're distracted by making scoobies, remember them? The plastic stringy things? Back to our childhood.
    I only had two contact hours and then just spent some of my study periods in the department. It is very independant and you need the motivation to do it - there were 8 people in my class to begin with and by Christmas, I was the only one remaining. it's great once you get stuck in though, keep on at it and I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Haha scoobies, I do remember those. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I only had two contact hours and then just spent some of my study periods in the department. It is very independant and you need the motivation to do it - there were 8 people in my class to begin with and by Christmas, I was the only one remaining. it's great once you get stuck in though, keep on at it and I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Haha scoobies, I do remember those. :yes:
    Yeah, I do enjoy it once I get stuck in. It's just the motivation I need

Starting to panic though :woo: as is Claire.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do enjoy it once I get stuck in. It's just the motivation I need

Starting to panic though :woo: as is Claire.
    Don't panic, set yourself some targets and just work your way through it. Try different techniques that will help you speed up ie. working looser or on a larger scale.

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic, set yourself some targets and just work your way through it. Try different techniques that will help you speed up ie. working looser or on a larger scale.
    Yeah, I'm aiming to do at least one usable thing a day/period, so hopefully I'll have quite a few pieces. Need more developments, got loads of research, not all of it is printed but at least I have it. So that's what I'm focusing on atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireeex)
    :sexface:
    :lolwut:
    Do you two know each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAURA459)
    Do you two know each other?
    Yip, its just us that do Adv Art in our school.

ReputationRep:
    Yip, its just us that do Adv Art in our school.
    Awww... Are ya best of friendlings?

Your school must be very small. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAURA459)
    Awww... Are ya best of friendlings?

Your school must be very small. :p:
    He's like a pain that wont go away :yep:

Its not that small, just no one is insane enough to do it and also barely anyone passed higher art nevermind sitting advanced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireeex)
    He's like a pain that wont go away :yep:

Its not that small, just no one is insane enough to do it and also barely anyone passed higher art nevermind sitting advanced.
    What she said.

We paint such a flattering picture of our school =)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I thought it was April.. I suppose our teacher just wanted to induce panic in the classroom I'm pretty much finished anyway - just doing some more stuff to replace the stuff I did at the beginning!

ReputationRep:
    Knowing me, I'll probably be in until 9pm on the 3rd. T'was what happened for Higher, in any case :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    Knowing me, I'll probably be in until 9pm on the 3rd. T'was what happened for Higher, in any case :P
    Nice to know I'm not the only one :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I really need to sort out my AH art... I'm doing expressive, fantasy and imagination. I have 8 sheets of investigation and just a few loose pieces for my development so far... not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    Heh, I really need to sort out my AH art... I'm doing expressive, fantasy and imagination. I have 8 sheets of investigation and just a few loose pieces for my development so far... not good.
    I dont think I have much development either :L I'm not looking forward to having to tell my teacher. What are you doing for your minor? Design or essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    I dont think I have much development either :L I'm not looking forward to having to tell my teacher. What are you doing for your minor? Design or essay?

Doing an essay on visual arts... we didn't get a choice, it was just "you WILL be doing an essay" and that's it. She's left us to it with no guidance whatsoever so no one knows what they are doing. When people ask her for help she's got this "well you should know from last year's essay writing" attitude going on, it's really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm (Hopefully) doing advanced art next year, depending on my higher result and I want to do Graphic Design Major and Critical Essay minor. I'm planning on doing a video-game box art with manga style pictures to do with my tablet on photoshop. I'm just wondering how many investigation/development sheets I should have and what you think of my choices? I'm no amazing digital painter and in fact only had my first try doing manga on ps yesterday but was just wondering if you could maybe empart some wisdom? ^_^ Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Im doing Adv art this year. Either doing graphics or illustration (Basically the same thing :P) I think its to be something like 10-16 A2 sheets? Something along those lines. Im aiming for 3 research sheets, quite a few developments and then the final outcome obv Heavy workload but hopefully will all be fine

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.