Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For a guy a hooded leather jacket or not hooded? Also real leather or leather look?

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time. It's nearly Summer, weather's going to get warmer then what, you're going to sweat and stick to the inside of a £50-£500 leather jacket?! I'm in the same situation as you, I'm looking for a nice going out jacket that will go over a shirt/knitwear currently, but really there's no point it's nearly Summer and then most likely there's going to a new trend. Might as well keep my money.

ReputationRep:
    Real leather, unhooded. Although it is almost summer, you'll get a good.. 3-4 months use out of it. Which, imo, is worth the 100 quid you'll pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    Unhooded and real leather.

ReputationRep:
    a good leather jacket will last years and isnt going to go out of fashion anytime soon. so I wouldnt worry about summer that much. Theyre not a fad - nicely fitted black leather jackets have looked good for decades.

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly almost summer, it's only February! I'd say real leather, unhooded, although the one I have is faux leather, but I'm saving up for a real one.

ReputationRep:
    Er what's stopping the OP from wearing a leather jacket after summer? :curious:

Buy real leather and unhooded. A good-quality leather jacket should last you years; the leather jacket is a classic look and will never be out of style.

ReputationRep:
    Real, without a hood. Biker and bomber styles are the best. Try vintage shops and TK Maxx - you can get genuine leather for a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Real, without a hood. Biker and bomber styles are the best. Try vintage shops and TK Maxx - you can get genuine leather for a lot cheaper.
    This. every word.

TK Maxx is the dogs balls for leather jackets, you never know what you'll find. Most of them are crap but sometimes you find a cracker leather jacket for a good price.

Real and unhooded and not the crap you can get from Topman. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hooded leather jackets are for kids and spice boys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Real and unhooded and not the crap you can get from Topman. :rolleyes:
    :ditto:

Topman = fail

ReputationRep:
    Superdry have load of leather jackets with no hoods... might be worth a look?

ReputationRep:
    Half price designer leather jacket

http://www.asos.com/Barneys-Original...t=-1&clr=Black

Great buy IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    :ditto:

Topman = fail
    Ah Paddy, how I love your complete aversion to Topman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Ah Paddy, how I love your complete aversion to Topman.
    Even the name makes me cringe tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Even the name makes me cringe tbh.
    But, if you wear it, it makes you a top man! What's wrong with that? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You want style, clean lines and a statement. Something like this is where my money would go. About as cool as cool gets.

http://www.yamahaclothing.co.uk/yama...acket-85-p.asp

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.