Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Jigga's the GOAT, although BP3 did suck apart from 2 or 3 songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Nas, get off TSR and make some decent music.
    :rofl2: very funnys

ReputationRep:
    OH NO! ULTIMATE DISSSSSSSSSSSS........!!!!!

Word...

Seriously man, "He is a multi-millionaire" as Zakky rightly said and so he shouldn't have to give a f*cksworth about what you think about his music, considering he's had to work so dammed hard and put up with a lot of sh*t to get to where he is now.

He's done his time in the underground, he's rapped his way through the circuit, he's made it big and managed to get record deals and contracts most rappers can only dream of.

He's done the commericial end of things (and is still doing it here and there now)- you know, the business part of it all? He's gone from rapping, dissing and all of that to becoming a producer which is like being a High Priest or somethun' in Hip-Hop.

Hell, he's even married to Beyonce! (F*ck me...)

And now, if he wanted to, he could just lay back and enjoy his success (and he's in his 40's now, for crying out loud!). He doesn't need to do anything any more to prove anything, so what the hell does that make him a sellout for?

He's made man, pure and simple.

Try and do that battle for yourself before you start calling him a sellout...

Just really the evolution of his music to a more mainstream sound. Call it sellout,call it evolution,but at the end of the day he is in bed with Beyonce,so who really has the last laugh?

ReputationRep:
    Search: Decent Nas albums since Illmatic.

*no results found*

ReputationRep:
    OMG hes multimillionjizzianneir so that means he the man.

******* grow up, being rich or successful doesn't mean you're not a sell out. His music has obviously become more Disney these days, I still like him, but **** like those here annoy the **** out of me.

ReputationRep:
    If by sellout you mean he "sells out" every arena he plays in, in under a min. Then you sir are correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatajoker)
    Who agrees? He only makes music for the radio now, Blueprint 3 was mostly radio shizz, compare reasonable doubt with blueprint 3, its embarrassing!

Whereas Nas, has always kept it real, Untitled has 2 songs safe for daytime radio, from Illmatic to Untitled, hes still kept it hip/hop!
    And his new album with Damien Marley is GENIUS

Who agrees?

"Hove on that nu ****
    ****** like howcome?
    ****** want ma old ****
    Buy ma old album"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLgdm...eature=related

It's been about money since the beginning of his career. That's what it's all about, what I like is that he's brave enough to do it (change style), takes courage....Worked for Kanye, not working for Lil Wayne (except for drop the world)

ReputationRep:
    they both suck..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    If by sellout you mean he "sells out" every arena he plays in, in under a min. Then you sir are correct.
    Where did i even imply that? oh sorry, you were trying to be funny by purposefully misinterpreting what I said for debates sake. Dame how silly of me.

btw, I've been to one of his "sell out" concerts, ya don't have to be a immature nut hugger to be a fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Search: Decent Nas albums since Illmatic.

*no results found*
    It Was Written
    Stillmatic
    God's Son
    Hip Hop Is Dead
    Untitled:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ha yeah Nas hasn't had any albums at the level of illmatic, but I'd still say they were "decent". As for Jay, I wouldve done the same thing hes making serious $$$. He was never going to stay as raw as reasonable doubt..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    It Was Written
    Stillmatic
    God's Son
    Hip Hop Is Dead
    Untitled:cool:
    Lost tapes
    Nastradamus

ReputationRep:
    **** all theses **** rappers

cant spit rhymes about anything but women

dirty pervs

its all about the strokes - julian casablancas could bang them all :sly:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
    **** all theses **** rappers

cant spit rhymes about anything but women

dirty pervs

its all about the strokes - julian casablancas could bang them all :sly:
    Lol just google imaged this casablancas guy and he looks like a scrawny little ******. Looks like he couldnt even bang on a door if he tried

On topic though i dont think Jay-Z is sold out. There are few artists in Hip Hop and music in general that have a discography as strong as his. His music has changed since Reasonable Doubt but what do you expect that album came out over 15 years ago. American Gangster is seriously a hard album though probably Jay-Z's most undderated work

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's a mason also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakky)
    TBH, he doesn't really give a ****. He is a multi-millionaire while you are whining about the tiniest of things; I couldn't care less whether he 'sold out', I just listen to the music I like, and don't listen to the music I don't.
    This - How do you get the earning power of Jay-Z without selling out. The majority of 'hip-hop artists' follow a PR line that is no less contrived than that of Simon Cowell and X-Factor

ReputationRep:
    Those guys saying Jay-Z's better than Nas, all you gotta do is listen to Ether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    This - How do you get the earning power of Jay-Z without selling out. The majority of 'hip-hop artists' follow a PR line that is no less contrived than that of Simon Cowell and X-Factor
    Totally dude, I mean most rappers openly revel in the fact that all they want is to get rich and famous. Hey, at least they're honest about it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.