Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by O-Ren)
    Can you let us know how it goes?

I'm emotionally invested in this story now :p:
    haha I will do

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, he smirked when I did it and I concentrated very hard on a tree near him pretending I didn't see him lol
    Don't see him til Monday - got another lecture then
    Did you talk to him today?
    It might be a bit weird if you ask him why you don't have him - I guess it kinda depends on the way you ask him them.
    Maybe get talking about something that's in the news related to your subject, some common interest?
    yeah, ive got a really bad feeling that he knows but which is kind of embarassing as he obv doesnt feel the same way as he does not make an effort to try to get to know me

yeah, ive got a really bad feeling that he knows but which is kind of embarassing as he obv doesnt feel the same way as he does not make an effort to try to get to know me
    Maybe he's just trying to be cautious?
    Some lecturers at my uni barely talk to students and just walk out before we get a chance to approach them - at least yours doesn't do that, so you still have some hope

Maybe he's just trying to be cautious?
    Some lecturers at my uni barely talk to students and just walk out before we get a chance to approach them - at least yours doesn't do that, so you still have some hope
    yeah he could but i have a feeling that he doesnt as if he did then he would try to get to know me or at least make like some sort of small talk convo with me
    and i feel so embarassed now as i think that he knows, i will just like try and pretend that i dont anymore, and try and make small talk but its so hard around him as like i said hes so serious and i ask him such stupid qs
    but yh i need to get over it as there is not much hope of anything happening
    mind you like i totally thought that he liked me as he like touches me on the arm shoulder, and he always like touches my hand to take the pen from my hand or to hand me something but that doesnt mean anything does it??be honest
    i dont know if he does that to everyone, as he may just be kinda flirty but honestly whtat do you think?

yeah he could but i have a feeling that he doesnt as if he did then he would try to get to know me or at least make like some sort of small talk convo with me
    and i feel so embarassed now as i think that he knows, i will just like try and pretend that i dont anymore, and try and make small talk but its so hard around him as like i said hes so serious and i ask him such stupid qs
    mind you like i totally thought that he liked me as he like touches me on the arm shoulder, and he always like touches my hand to take the pen from my hand or to hand me something but that doesnt mean anything does it??be honest
    i dont know if he does that to everyone, as he may just be kinda flirty but honestly whtat do you think?
    He could just brush your hand by accident or he might just touch you because he's generally an attentive person. Have you noticed if he does that to anyone else? If not, it might be some kind of suppressed feelings, if that makes sense? You know, the whole 'actions speak louder than words' thing?
    Next time he does it, do it back to him but do it as if it's just something you naturally do - maybe if you two are walking together just momentarily touch his upper arm when you ask him a question. See how he reacts but pretend not to notice his reaction else he'll know you were doing it on purpose.
    Just don't do what I did and shove him into a wall :p:

He could just brush your hand by accident or he might just touch you because he's generally an attentive person. Have you noticed if he does that to anyone else? If not, it might be some kind of suppressed feelings, if that makes sense? You know, the whole 'actions speak louder than words' thing?
    Next time he does it, do it back to him but do it as if it's just something you naturally do - maybe if you two are walking together just momentarily touch his upper arm when you ask him a question. See how he reacts but pretend not to notice his reaction else he'll know you were doing it on purpose.
    Just don't do what I did and shove him into a wall :p:
    haha that wll be so hard to do without making it obvious
    he stands very close to me as well, and i looked the other day when he was talking to this other girl and he was standing really close to her too, so i dont think he stands really close to just me
    lol and about the touching thing, i keep meaning tocheck if he does it to anyone else but keep forgetting, and dont really wanna ask my mates as will make me look kind of sad? or you think i should ask them?
    i will try and keep this in mind for next time,but i have a bad feeling
    that its not just me
    i saw him do it to a guy the other day lol if that helps. but that was like placing his hands on his shoulders in a manly kinda way, not the way he does it to me
    why do we have to like such old men

haha that wll be so hard to do without making it obvious
    he stands very close to me as well, and i looked the other day when he was talking to this other girl and he was standing really close to her too, so i dont think he stands really close to just me
    lol and about the touching thing, i keep meaning tocheck if he does it to anyone else but keep forgetting, and dont really wanna ask my mates as will make me look kind of sad? or you think i should ask them?
    i will try and keep this in mind for next time,but i have a bad feeling
    that its not just me
    i saw him do it to a guy the other day lol if that helps. but that was like placing his hands on his shoulders in a manly kinda way, not the way he does it to me
    why do we have to like such old men
    Lol I did it to mine and I don't think it was particularly obvious - although I kind of whacked him... :p: And it wasn't completely random so if it's something you could do naturally, it could still work
    Don't ask your mates! Especially if they already think you're mad :p: Just try and observe next time he's talking to someone - but don't stare at him while you're doing it - be subtle
    lol well unless he's gay/bi him touching a guy is probably more just a male thing rather than anything else - with you it's bound to be in a different way.
    haha maybe because older guys have the maturity which guys our age lack?

Lol I did it to mine and I don't think it was particularly obvious - although I kind of whacked him... :p: And it wasn't completely random so if it's something you could do naturally, it could still work
    Don't ask your mates! Especially if they already think you're mad :p: Just try and observe next time he's talking to someone - but don't stare at him while you're doing it - be subtle
    lol well unless he's gay/bi him touching a guy is probably more just a male thing rather than anything else - with you it's bound to be in a different way.
    haha maybe because older guys have the maturity which guys our age lack?
    lol yeah it was so bad the other day, he was standing in front of me doing a calculation and i was like staring at him, and then he asked what i got for the answer and i was like eh... i havent done it yet, i cant believe i was like staring at him for so long, i cringe every time i think about it, how embarassing
    i need to stop looking at him, im thinking of making like no eye contact at all from now on thats why i feel so embarassed now, i see him on tue btw
    yeah ill try that im so glad ive met you to talk about him to lol

lol yeah it was so bad the other day, he was standing in front of me doing a calculation and i was like staring at him, and then he asked what i got for the answer and i was like eh... i havent done it yet, i cant believe i was like staring at him for so long, i cringe every time i think about it, how embarassing
    i need to stop looking at him, im thinking of making like no eye contact at all from now on thats why i feel so embarassed now, i see him on tue btw
    yeah ill try that im so glad ive met you to talk about him to lol
    lol I always maintain eye contact with mine - it's fun trying to get him to lose track of what he's saying - only succeeded once though :p:
    I always make a point to say something in discussions just because he's so adorable when he's listening intently :o: Although I come up with some crap sometimes :p:
    Ooh yeah, let me know how it goes on tues if you do that then
    And likewise with meeting you

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous 3 - I'm really sorry but it sounds like all you have is a crush that is never going to go anywhere - get over it.

Anonymous 1 - stop encouraging 3! Or at least take it to PM. Like someone else said its turning this thread into something a bit tragic. Hope you manage to stay on good terms with your lecturer.

lol I always maintain eye contact with mine - it's fun trying to get him to lose track of what he's saying - only succeeded once though :p:
    I always make a point to say something in discussions just because he's so adorable when he's listening intently :o: Although I come up with some crap sometimes :p:
    do you ever find youself staring at him?
    i feel so embarassed about that incident, and also i think that i stare at him at lectures, mind you i always stare at my lecturers but its different with him, i tried not to look at him the other day in lecture and then asked my mate (the same one that said that he kept looking in my direction) if he was lookingover a lot again and she said no not today, so i think he only looks over cause i must like stare at him
    how embarassing
    just checked timetable i actually see him on monday not tue

lol soz i quoted you twice

do you ever find youself staring at him?
    i feel so embarassed about that incident, and also i think that i stare at him at lectures, mind you i always stare at my lecturers but its different with him, i tried not to look at him the other day in lecture and then asked my mate (the same one that said that he kept looking in my direction) if he was lookingover a lot again and she said no not today, so i think he only looks over cause i must like stare at him
    how embarassing
    just checked timetable i actually see him on monday not tue
    Yes and no lol
    I normally look at whoever's talking anyway so he doesn't think anything of it - I think :p:
    You going to talk to him then?

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous 3 I find it hard to believe you are a university student; you sound like a 14 year old girl with a ridiculous crush. I'm going to leave this thread before I'm forced to start banging my head against a brick wall.

Yes and no lol
    I normally look at whoever's talking anyway so he doesn't think anything of it - I think :p:
    You going to talk to him then?
    lol do i really sound as bad as that mangomaz person said? lol
    i dont know about the talking part, dont know what to say, will try and make an effort to make some kind of convo but, and will say hi if i see him around or maybe i shouldnt oh i dont know, cause my friend said its not good if he knows
    i just wish that he liked me lol i will try and take notice of how he is with other students, hopefully its not the same i really hope its diff with me, how good would it be if it was just me hes like that with
    looking forward to seeing him again do you have a class or lecture with yours on monday?

Hey can anyone help?

In a similar situation. About three of my lecturers are really into me... and I don't know how to persevere. They've given obvious signs (saying they want to supervise me next year, really obvious 'i'd do that' looks).

I'd love a relationship with one of them. How to pursue? Facebook, talks..... It just seems impossible given the situation. But a couple are really cute so I'd love to develop the attraction they have further! Without the whole course hating me, him getting fired etc.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^

LOL at the above.

I think the situation for the two of you (anon1 and anon3 is totally different). Anon3 your guy is just an impersonal lecturer. He gives a lecture to 200 people and then walks out, answers a few questions. Realistically even if a lecturer really liked you here it's just too impersonal a basis for starting up convo beyond work. I've had a couple of lecturers in the theatre never take their eyes off me. but there's no 'sane' way to break the ice when you only see him in big lectures. He could fancy the pants off you, and it sounds like he probably does, but there needs to be a more personal setting...

i.e a a lab, a seminar, a tutor... The lecturers who had chance to say they're interested supervise me with lab classes and the other is my personal tutor. You need a more personal setting like Anon1 had/ has.

You do hear of girls who 'stay behind after class' in the movies mostly lol, but in real life I think you need a lotta confidence. Flirting outrageously, while non- obviously (because of other students there) and being 'normal'. Saying you're angry he's not teaching next semester is likely to petrify him. You need a better 'saner 'ground to approach, or a lot of confidence and ability to work any situation.

Best way to go is email him after you graduate with a pic. On the off chance he did really like you! Or find out if he's got an open facebook profile (a couple of my lecturers do), find out what bars they go to. Go to more upmarket bars and restaurants. See if he's there.. if it's a small town, he might be... Then it's easily done and others have met lecturers this way. At least go to more upmarket bars cos if he's not there then equally eligible older men will be.

Asking him out on a date in the lecture theatre would require balls, because other students would be there, you'd have to just be bold and slip him a number very randomly. I think this is probably only done in movies, where the student leaves him an apple! I know it can be so tempting though when there's obviously something there, like every bit of them is leading you on but you can't

ps. also just to echo important advice from anon6. A lecturer has to make most of the moves. If he's interested but not strongly coming on, then he's got his job in mind before anything else and won't budge - even though they might strongly like a student. If you think you've got nothing to lose then keep making crazy moves after lecture, especially as he apparently dates students!

Hey can anyone help?

In a similar situation. About three of my lecturers are really into me... and I don't know how to persevere. They've given obvious signs (saying they want to supervise me next year, really obvious 'i'd do that' looks).

I'd love a relationship with one of them. How to pursue? Facebook, talks..... It just seems impossible given the situation. But a couple are really cute so I'd love to develop the attraction they have further! Without the whole course hating me, him getting fired etc.
    lol how did u get them to like you?any tips lol
    how do you dress? and do you talk to them alot?

[QUOTE=Anonymous]I think the situation for the two of you (anon1 and anon3 is totally different). Anon3 your guy is just an impersonal lecturer. He gives a lecture to 200 people and then walks out, answers a few questions. Realistically even if a lecturer really liked you here it's just too impersonal a basis for starting up convo beyond work. I've had a couple of lecturers in the theatre never take their eyes off me. but there's no 'sane' way to break the ice when you only see him in big lectures. He could fancy the pants off you, and it sounds like he probably does, but there needs to be a more personal setting...

i.e a a lab, a seminar, a tutor... The lecturers who had chance to say they're interested supervise me with lab classes and the other is my personal tutor. You need a more personal setting like Anon1 had/ has.

You do hear of girls who 'stay behind after class' in the movies mostly lol, but in real life I think you need a lotta confidence. Flirting outrageously, while non- obviously (because of other students there) and being 'normal'. Saying you're angry he's not teaching next semester is likely to petrify him. You need a better 'saner 'ground to approach, or a lot of confidence and ability to work any situation.

Best way to go is email him after you graduate with a pic. On the off chance he did really like you! Or find out if he's got an open facebook profile (a couple of my lecturers do), find out what bars they go to. Go to more upmarket bars and restaurants. See if he's there.. if it's a small town, he might be... Then it's easily done and others have met lecturers this way. At least go to more upmarket bars cos if he's not there then equally eligible older men will be.

Asking him out on a date in the lecture theatre would require balls, because other students would be there, you'd have to just be bold and slip him a number very randomly. I think this is probably only done in movies, where the student leaves him an apple! I know it can be so tempting though when there's obviously something there, like every bit of them is leading you on but you can't

ps. also just to echo important advice from anon6. A lecturer has to make most of the moves. If he's interested but not strongly coming on, then he's got his job in mind before anything else and won't budge - even though they might strongly like a student. If you think you've got nothing to lose then keep making crazy moves after lecture, especially as he apparently dates students![/QUOTE]
    lol thanks for that, yeah its tough, do you actually really think that he likes me after reading the stuff that ive written about it?be honest cause im starting to think that he doesnt and that he justthinks that i am a student that has a crush on him, as i think tht he has sussed out that i like him, how embarassing
    ive got an essay to hand in, and i could write my number on that but that could be like so embarassing lol i bet hes probably already expecting that lol i hope not. what you think?
    but yeah i dont think leaving my number on it is a good idea as could be extremely awkward even if he does phone
    i do have like labs//tutorials but
    his work colleagues are always around during them so he does not talk about other stuff and just keeps it strictly on a work basis,
    hes so nice but yeah, like alot of people are saying i should wait until i finish uni but thats like ages away i dont want to wait that long,
    and do you think ive made any crazy moves?all ive done is stayed behind and ask him a few stupid qs but im gonna stop now as i just look stupid, and how embarassing about the other day, when i realized i was like daydreaming whilst looking at him :o:
    i think he knows, do youthink he knows?
    i should probs just calm things down a bit?as could get bad if i do anything bold
    your right about he confidence part, the thing is im like SO shy around him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.