Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why so many people think it's not allowed for lecturers to sleep with students.

There isn't a single university in the UK where it's not allowed and less than half even have a guideline of some sort

University isn't school!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    :confused: im confused, what are you talking about?do what? i was talking about the touching to see the response thing, i was thinking of asking him something and randomly touch him
    haha sorry, I thought you meant seeing whether he was touching anyone else :p:
    Yeah, just do the friendly almost nudge with the back of your hand - if you do actually get to talk to him that is

haha sorry, I thought you meant seeing whether he was touching anyone else :p:
    Yeah, just do the friendly almost nudge with the back of your hand - if you do actually get to talk to him that is
    how was your lecture??
    im so shy nothings gonna happen at this rate, i need to try and chat to him. i feel so depressed i saw him but never spoke to him,

how was your lecture??
    im so shy nothings gonna happen at this rate, i need to try and chat to him. i feel so depressed i saw him but never spoke to him,
    Aww, just say hi if whenever you walk past him - you don't necessarily have to start a conversation or anything. If you're friendly to him, he'll be more inclined to talk to you.

It was really awkward today He kept stalling every time he looked at me and I think a few people started to notice that he was looking at me a lot longer than anyone else. He showed us a short video clip in the lecture and he was looking at me the entire time - every time I looked in his direction, he just smiled and looked down at his hands, and sometimes he would start playing with his wedding ring.
    I know it might sound stupid but I think I might be falling in love with him and it just hurts too much being in this situation. I need to know what he's decided so I can start moving on for sure. Well, depending on his decision.

Aww, just say hi if whenever you walk past him - you don't necessarily have to start a conversation or anything. If you're friendly to him, he'll be more inclined to talk to you.

It was really awkward today He kept stalling every time he looked at me and I think a few people started to notice that he was looking at me a lot longer than anyone else. He showed us a short video clip in the lecture and he was looking at me the entire time - every time I looked in his direction, he just smiled and looked down at his hands, and sometimes he would start playing with his wedding ring.
    I know it might sound stupid but I think I might be falling in love with him and it just hurts too much being in this situation. I need to know what he's decided so I can start moving on for sure. Well, depending on his decision.
    is there any way that we can PM each other without everyone finding out who we are as i need to tell you something but dont want everyone reading it

is there any way that we can PM each other without everyone finding out who we are as i need to tell you something but dont want everyone reading it
    I don't think there is considering we're both anon :dontknow:

Maybe post the question and delete it as soon as I've read it?

ReputationRep:

Aww. Just avoid him and wait. And try not to let if affect your work. There's nothing else to really say except I hope he starts hiding it a bit better before other students notice.

I think something major might happen next time you're alone with him. When is that? Seriously this whole situation is building to some kind of dramatic climax, there's just know way of knowing what that is yet.

*hug*

ReputationRep:
    Also Anon3 I don't think it's healthy for you to be keeping your crush alive in this way. I understand what you're doing - when I broke up with my bf ages ago I was constantly PMing people on here who were in similar situations, because it was a way for me to still feel 'attached' to him and our relationship.

And Anon1 is the worst person for you to talk to really as her situation is so different, things are not going to go that way for you.

I'm sorry and I totally get the sadness you're feeling *hug* but the best thing for you to do is move on

I didn't mean that to sound patronising or anything - trust me I've been there with unrequited infatuation so I would never patronise someone in the same situation.

(Original post by O-Ren)
    Also Anon3 I don't think it's healthy for you to be keeping your crush alive in this way. I understand what you're doing - when I broke up with my bf ages ago I was constantly PMing people on here who were in similar situations, because it was a way for me to still feel 'attached' to him and our relationship.

And Anon1 is the worst person for you to talk to really as her situation is so different, things are not going to go that way for you.

I'm sorry and I totally get the sadness you're feeling *hug* but the best thing for you to do is move on

I didn't mean that to sound patronising or anything - trust me I've been there with unrequited infatuation so I would never patronise someone in the same situation.
    yeah your right but its just so bloody hard not to like him hes so hot, and i see him like so often which makes it even harder

(Original post by O-Ren)
    Aww. Just avoid him and wait. And try not to let if affect your work. There's nothing else to really say except I hope he starts hiding it a bit better before other students notice.

I think something major might happen next time you're alone with him. When is that? Seriously this whole situation is building to some kind of dramatic climax, there's just know way of knowing what that is yet.

*hug*
    With it being such a small uni though, it's hard to avoid him; I'm bound to at least see him most days if not every day. Luckily, I've managed to throw all my energy into my work - after all, the reason I'm at uni is to learn and get a good degree and I don't want to throw that all away at any cost. I never really expected him to stall so much though - he's usually fairly laid back and informal in lectures but still professional - today it was almost as if someone else was teaching.

Well we have a compulsory meeting with personal tutors before the end of term, so I'll be alone with him at some point within the next few weeks. I haven't yet contacted him to organise that meeting though, so I'll just have to wait on an email from him and find out when I'll be seeing him.

It's just like there's too much awkward tension between us now and we've never had this awkwardness before so it just feels...I don't even know how to describe it...I miss being able to talk to him

ReputationRep:
    With it being such a small uni though, it's hard to avoid him; I'm bound to at least see him most days if not every day. Luckily, I've managed to throw all my energy into my work - after all, the reason I'm at uni is to learn and get a good degree and I don't want to throw that all away at any cost. I never really expected him to stall so much though - he's usually fairly laid back and informal in lectures but still professional - today it was almost as if someone else was teaching.

Well we have a compulsory meeting with personal tutors before the end of term, so I'll be alone with him at some point within the next few weeks. I haven't yet contacted him to organise that meeting though, so I'll just have to wait on an email from him and find out when I'll be seeing him.

It's just like there's too much awkward tension between us now and we've never had this awkwardness before so it just feels...I don't even know how to describe it...I miss being able to talk to him
    Gosh your uni must be very small.

Oh this thread is making me genuinely sad :jumphug:

If it helps, the tension probably won't be there for much longer. I mean he's really losing his grip on himself it sounds like. Whatever happens stay in control of yourself though, you know what's right. Don't shift from where you told him you stood.

I don't think you will though you seem to be handling this all amazingly well

(Original post by O-Ren)
    Gosh your uni must be very small.

Oh this thread is making me genuinely sad :jumphug:

If it helps, the tension probably won't be there for much longer. I mean he's really losing his grip on himself it sounds like. Whatever happens stay in control of yourself though, you know what's right. Don't shift from where you told him you stood.

I don't think you will though you seem to be handling this all amazingly well
    It's good that it's small in a way as we can have a more friendly relationship with lecturers as they all know us by name. However, in this scenario - not so good.

Ohh I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this thread to make you sad You've been very helpful though and I appreciate all your advice

I really hope we get back to the normal rapport we had, if nothing else. Seeing him so torn hurts me more than how I'm feeling though. In any other situation, I would ask him what's wrong if I saw him like that, but when I know what's wrong, I can't even ask him - I can't do anything to help him

Thank you although it's easier to seem like I'm handling it well over the internet :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's good that it's small in a way as we can have a more friendly relationship with lecturers as they all know us by name. However, in this scenario - not so good.

Ohh I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this thread to make you sad You've been very helpful though and I appreciate all your advice

I really hope we get back to the normal rapport we had, if nothing else. Seeing him so torn hurts me more than how I'm feeling though. In any other situation, I would ask him what's wrong if I saw him like that, but when I know what's wrong, I can't even ask him - I can't do anything to help him

Thank you although it's easier to seem like I'm handling it well over the internet :p:
    Lool there's no need to apologise, I've always had too much empathy :o:.

If you do get back to the rapport it will take a while.

You do sound like you might actually love him. And no, you can't do anything to help him. It would probably make him more confused. I'm sure he has friends around him to help him though , even if he doesn't tell them exactly what's bothering him.

Less worrying, more studying and partying! If you can.

Alcohol is a depressant though and it makes you reveal secrets.

(Original post by O-Ren)
    Lool there's no need to apologise, I've always had too much empathy :o:.

If you do get back to the rapport it will take a while.

You do sound like you might actually love him by the sounds of it. And no, you can't do anything to help him. It would probably make him more confused. I'm sure he has friends around him to help him though , even if he doesn't tell them exactly what's bothering him.

Less worrying, more studying and partying! If you can.

Alcohol is a depressant though and it makes you reveal secrets.
    Ah, I know what you mean with the 'too much empathy' thing. I still can't decide whether it's a good thing or a bad thing :p:

The thing is, it's likely that the majority of his friends actually know his wife, so they'll hardly be unbiased if he were to tell them.

I actually saw him today (albeit in passing) and I didn't even get a 'hi' from him. I suppose I didn't really expect him to, but it just feels odd all the same.

Well, I've got a hell of a lot of work to do so I'll just focus on that for the timebeing

I guess it's good that I don't drink then (medical reasons) :p:

(Original post by O-Ren)

hey can you emai me on my email address, i wrote it in a post above, got some news

Well, well done marriage breaker upers and home wreckers - congrats.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ someone hasn't read the thread at all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hey can you emai me on my email address, i wrote it in a post above, got some news
    you could just send a PM!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I know what you mean with the 'too much empathy' thing. I still can't decide whether it's a good thing or a bad thing :p:

The thing is, it's likely that the majority of his friends actually know his wife, so they'll hardly be unbiased if he were to tell them.

I actually saw him today (albeit in passing) and I didn't even get a 'hi' from him. I suppose I didn't really expect him to, but it just feels odd all the same.

Well, I've got a hell of a lot of work to do so I'll just focus on that for the timebeing

I guess it's good that I don't drink then (medical reasons) :p:
    Yeah I doubt he'll tell anyone but I mean he could still confide in them that he's feeling troubled.

No he was probably feeling even more awkward than you, deliberately trying to avoid eye contact. I feel sad for him too.

Good luck with your work. Makes me feel even more guilty that you have all these problems yet you're still getting yours done! I don't even have any major problems yet I've spent the whole week procrastinating :o:

Haha yes it's very good, everything comes out when drunk!

Anyway I hope the thread has been somewhat helpful. Feel free to send a PM or post again when the next development happens

~ O-Ren

ReputationRep:
    This thead is still going!!

Anon 3, you seem so besotted by your lecturer, can you sneak a picture of him somehow and then send it to me. I like older men and I want to see what all the fuss is about!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.