Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah but at least yours is single If mine were this would be a whole different situation :sigh:
    Wow! A tie as well? I don't think any lecturer at my uni wears a tie lol
    Maybe you can say you've got a personal issue and you feel more comfortable talking to him about it than your personal tutor? Obviously, if you don't actually have a personal issue, it might not work, but maybe?
    good idea! any suggestions for what to make the personal issue?

good idea! any suggestions for what to make the personal issue?
    Hmmm...I'm not too sure. It could just be something trivial but enough to get you guys talking. I would say pretend you have a boyfriend issue but that's kinda cliché lol

Oh and I talked to him today! :o:

Hmmm...I'm not too sure. It could just be something trivial but enough to get you guys talking. I would say pretend you have a boyfriend issue but that's kinda cliché lol

Oh and I talked to him today! :o:
    yeahi thought of that but thendeciedshouldnt as my tutor is a woman and so he was know if i done that and id look so stupid
    i never saw mine
    what happened!????

lol my english was like so bad in that last msg but hopefully u know wt i mean

yeahi thought of that but thendeciedshouldnt as my tutor is a woman and so he was know if i done that and id look so stupid
    i never saw mine
    what happened!????
    Ahh fair enough.

It started off kinda awkwardly - just as I was about to knock on his door, he opened the door and nearly walked into me, then took 2 steps back before he let me in. He couldn't even look me in the eye then :o:
    I told him I need him to verify my choices for next year and when I asked him if he could sign the form, he just looked at me then apologised for 'behaving so inappropriately the other day' and that he wasn't really thinking about what he was doing. He said that he didn't realise I wasn't attracted to him - :lolwut: - so I told him I reacted that way because he was married not because of anything else. I didn't quite say that I was attracted to him because that could have been taken the wrong way (again!) but he got the hint that I was and smiled a little. He said he was sorry for ruining the friendship we had formed and I told him that our friendship didn't have to suffer because of what happened, that we could just try and forget about it. He smiled properly this time and said he was glad we could work this out like adults and that I didn't report him for sexual harrassment or something out of spite. I told him I'd never do anything to harm his career in that way when he hadn't done anything wrong.
    He was actually quite emotional :o: Damn him for looking so adorable - it makes resisting so hard :sad:
    So he signed my form and stood up to open the door and I hugged him then left.

I think it went well - compared to what could have happened. It may take a while but hopefully we'll get our friendship back on track. Although I can't be very objective - how did you think that went?

ReputationRep:
    I don't particularly want to be his 'bit on the side'...
    Well then, you have your answer. Confront him about it, tell him you don't want anything to happen between the two of you and not to do it again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x In Love Again x)
    i would've said to go for it
    and then i read that he's married.
    ok seriously whats he doing going round kissing his students when he has a wife!
    sounds like an idiot to me, don't get involved
    You sound like an idiot.

He is not supposed to go around kissing his students regardless of whether he is married or single.

This threat reads like Educating Rita. Regarding the OP, as the son of a lecturer I can say I would be pretty p***** off if he started shagging a student. He might be in the wrong, but don't exacerbate things by getting any more involved involved. Try keeping your distance as often as possible and acting as though nothing has happened, if he brings it up just change the subject. You might have to sacrifice the friendship in the interests of propriety and common sense...

This threat reads like Educating Rita. Regarding the OP, as the son of a lecturer I can say I would be pretty p***** off if he started shagging a student. He might be in the wrong, but don't exacerbate things by getting any more involved involved. Try keeping your distance as often as possible and acting as though nothing has happened, if he brings it up just change the subject. You might have to sacrifice the friendship in the interests of propriety and common sense...
    so what are lecturers allowed to date students???

so what are lecturers allowed to date students???
    In most places I don't think it's accepted.

Trust me, I don't want to get involved because he's married. I talked to him today and we decided to just forget it ever happened. We've established that it was just a one-off mistake and nothing else.

Ahh fair enough.

It started off kinda awkwardly - just as I was about to knock on his door, he opened the door and nearly walked into me, then took 2 steps back before he let me in. He couldn't even look me in the eye then :o:
    I told him I need him to verify my choices for next year and when I asked him if he could sign the form, he just looked at me then apologised for 'behaving so inappropriately the other day' and that he wasn't really thinking about what he was doing. He said that he didn't realise I wasn't attracted to him - :lolwut: - so I told him I reacted that way because he was married not because of anything else. I didn't quite say that I was attracted to him because that could have been taken the wrong way (again!) but he got the hint that I was and smiled a little. He said he was sorry for ruining the friendship we had formed and I told him that our friendship didn't have to suffer because of what happened, that we could just try and forget about it. He smiled properly this time and said he was glad we could work this out like adults and that I didn't report him for sexual harrassment or something out of spite. I told him I'd never do anything to harm his career in that way when he hadn't done anything wrong.
    He was actually quite emotional :o: Damn him for looking so adorable - it makes resisting so hard :sad:
    So he signed my form and stood up to open the door and I hugged him then left.

I think it went well - compared to what could have happened. It may take a while but hopefully we'll get our friendship back on track. Although I can't be very objective - how did you think that went?
    aww that went well
    u should totally go for him but
    you should try and bring up his wife, and find out if he is serious about her and like try and find out abit abou what their relationship is like
    as he definitely likes you and you like him

can u think of another 'issue' to talk to him about? i realy like him

Trust me, I don't want to get involved because he's married. I talked to him today and we decided to just forget it ever happened. We've established that it was just a one-off mistake and nothing else.
    i bet you something will happen again

In most places I don't think it's accepted.

aww that went well
    u should totally go for him but
    you should try and bring up his wife, and find out if he is serious about her and like try and find out abit abou what their relationship is like
    as he definitely likes you and you like him

can u think of another 'issue' to talk to him about? i realy like him
    But the thing is, I like and respect him enough to not want to be the reason his marriage breaks up. It's a different story if his marriage broke up on different terms - although it doesn't mean I'll jump him as soon as it happens.
    If anything were to happen with him, I'd prefer it to be serious, not just some fling - which is all it will be if he's married.
    It's hard to move on when I keep comparing every guy I see to him though

Do you guys get tutorials at your uni? You could pretend you don't understand something and think I tutorial would be useful. If you're the only one asking, it'll likely be a one-to-one thing. I can't think of another personal issue you could use :/

But the thing is, I like and respect him enough to not want to be the reason his marriage breaks up. It's a different story if his marriage broke up on different terms - although it doesn't mean I'll jump him as soon as it happens.
    If anything were to happen with him, I'd prefer it to be serious, not just some fling - which is all it will be if he's married.
    It's hard to move on when I keep comparing every guy I see to him though

Do you guys get tutorials at your uni? You could pretend you don't understand something and think I tutorial would be useful. If you're the only one asking, it'll likely be a one-to-one thing. I can't think of another personal issue you could use :/
    hmm..do u like him more or less or still the same now? when do u see him next?
    yeah we get tutorials
    i act ike such a kid around him, i need to act ike an adult, o he'll treat me like one

*so

hmm..do u like him more or less or still the same now? when do u see him next?
    yeah we get tutorials
    i act ike such a kid around him, i need to act ike an adult, o he'll treat me like one
    Despite the fact I lost a little bit of respect for him for kissing when he's got a wife, I like him more now than I did before, which just makes it more frustrating really :o:

Do you joke around him a lot or is it just because you're shy around him that you 'act like a kid'?

awwww u like him more so cute
    im just so shy around him its unbelievable,
    ive been meaning to study for hours so that i have questions to ask him tommorow, ill start now. hes so hot lol what are we like
    ill try and be more confident tommorrow and try and speak to him

I still think he's absolutely perfect :love:

Ah well, this is what dreams are for lol

I always study hard in my course because of him, yet every time he asks a question, my mind goes completely blank :o:

Ooh yeah you should do that! Let me know how it goes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.