Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you know if he's in a relationship? He might not be married but he could be seeing someone - maybe that's why he won't let conversations get too personal?
    I don't mean to dash your hopes or anything, but it might explain things :o:
    Maybe just try going for friendship first - try not to let him suspect you're interested yet (unless, like your friend said, he already knows)
    I was just heading for a friendship with mine and...well, you know what happened :o:
    Aww don't feel sad, maybe it'll just take time? :hugs:
    i know he could totally be seeing someone, we need to help each other get over them, its not a good idea, especially if he finds out, it'll just be embarassing and awkward, and yours is married, and besides like its not asif if theyve got a girlfriend(and in your case a wife) that they are gonna go for us, and if they do, it'll onlly be a fling, they wont respect us, and think how angry our parents would be even if it did work out
    i still really really like him but i dont think that he will go for me, even my friends have been like,u know youve changed yourself quite a lot, and wear stuff that you wouldnt have worn before, but i think its not going to happen, im still gonna make a big effort to try and get him to like me but i dont think it will
    and am gonna start working hard in his subject so he notices me, you have to motivate me to do this lol as this is the part that i struggle most - working!
    it would be nice if it could work out but i dont think it will
    and besides i think my friends are starting to get kinda fed up with me talking about him all the time lol its like al i talk about nowadays,
    but still yeah i am gonna still try and get him but like you said try and become friends first
    hes so hot, he walks in such a sexy way
    u speak to your one today?

i know he could totally be seeing someone, we need to help each other get over them, its not a good idea, especially if he finds out, it'll just be embarassing and awkward, and yours is married, and besides like its not asif if theyve got a girlfriend(and in your case a wife) that they are gonna go for us, and if they do, it'll onlly be a fling, they wont respect us, and think how angry our parents would be even if it did work out
    i still really really like him but i dont think that he will go for me, even my friends have been like,u know youve changed yourself quite a lot, and wear stuff that you wouldnt have worn before, but i think its not going to happen, im still gonna make a big effort to try and get him to like me but i dont think it will
    and am gonna start working hard in his subject so he notices me, you have to motivate me to do this lol as this is the part that i struggle most - working!
    it would be nice if it could work out but i dont think it will
    and besides i think my friends are starting to get kinda fed up with me talking about him all the time lol its like al i talk about nowadays,
    but still yeah i am gonna still try and get him but like you said try and become friends first
    hes so hot, he walks in such a sexy way
    u speak to your one today?
    Hmmm, yeah maybe just stick to friendship, nothing else?
    I agree we really just need to get over them...it's soo hard though :p:
    lol Get on with your work then! Get really good marks, he'll like you for that much at least
    haha see this is why I didn't tell anyone because I knew my friends will want to knock me unconscious if I kept talking about him :p:
    I haven't really noticed the way mine walks lol but I did see him today...and I accidentally checked him out while he was walking away...and he blatantly noticed me doing that :facepalm:
    Do you see yours tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    How can you be attracted to someone who is so selfish he would pretend to love his wife when he clearly doesn't. He's probably en egomaniac, who despite not loving his wife, wants her at home ironing his clothes while he's sleeping with 20-somethings.

Why do people get married? It is beyond me.

Anyway if you just want sex go for it. I would. I just wouldn't be attracted to his personality.

Hmmm, yeah maybe just stick to friendship, nothing else?
    I agree we really just need to get over them...it's soo hard though :p:
    lol Get on with your work then! Get really good marks, he'll like you for that much at least
    haha see this is why I didn't tell anyone because I knew my friends will want to knock me unconscious if I kept talking about him :p:
    I haven't really noticed the way mine walks lol but I did see him today...and I accidentally checked him out while he was walking away...and he blatantly noticed me doing that :facepalm:
    Do you see yours tomorrow?
    lol thats funny about him knowing you checkin him out lol
    yeah ive got a lecture with him tommorrow, how about you?
    do you think it would have been okay if i was like btw why do we not have you next week? or would have been weird as he would have been like she actually checks her timetable to see when she has a class with me
    any suggestions on convos to have with him to try and 'break the ice'

ReputationRep:
    Check out the code of conduct or something - it should be in there.
    Nope, mine has no policy on it - there policy is basically 'do who you want as long as it doesn't affect your studies' - which makes it all the more frustrating :p:
    What uni is this? I love older guys :P

(and it won't give away who you or he are, as we don't know your subject)

ReputationRep:
    By the way something you said earlier about him smiling when you said he could pass for a student - he may want to **** you just as validation he's still 'got it'. Mid life crisis.

That's actually, sadly, by far the most likely answer for why he kissed you.

(Original post by O-Ren)
    By the way something you said earlier about him smiling when you said he could pass for a student - he may want to **** you just as validation he's still 'got it'. Mid life crisis.

That's actually, sadly, by far the most likely answer for why he kissed you.
    from the stuff ive written about my lecturer, do you think it sounds ike hes interested in me?

from the stuff ive written about my lecturer, do you think it sounds ike hes interested in me?
    Do you honestly think he is? And where would you see it going if he did?

Do you honestly think he is? And where would you see it going if he did?
    honestly, unfortunately no, as im too shy to flirt with him but i think i could get him if i was more confident,
    id LOVE to be his gf

honestly, unfortunately no, as im too shy to flirt with him but i think i could get him if i was more confident,
    id LOVE to be his gf
    Do you see a future for you two? How well do you even know him?

Do you see a future for you two? How well do you even know him?
    if i was more confident then yeeah
    i hardly know him im just so shy to talk to him and he just keeps everything so work realted, hes such a professional
    like sometimes i think he likes me too but today i got feeling that he knows that i like him but doesnt like me cause im so young for him, but still hes like so hot
    i just wish i was a bit more confident around him, like i ask him such stupid qs as im not oganised for his classes wich is so stupid as i really like him andNEED to impress him but its cause im always distracted because of him
    i just reallly like him

if i was more confident then yeeah
    i hardly know him im just so shy to talk to him and he just keeps everything so work realted, hes such a professional
    like sometimes i think he likes me too but today i got feeling that he knows that i like him but doesnt like me cause im so young for him, but still hes like so hot
    i just wish i was a bit more confident around him, like i ask him such stupid qs as im not oganised for his classes wich is so stupid as i really like him andNEED to impress him but its cause im always distracted because of him
    i just reallly like him
    Maybe he keeps it professional because that's what it is to him? My bf went the extra mile and made an effort to talk to me during workshops, if he bumped into me outside of class he asked if I wanted to grab a coffee. If he just answers questions you ask after class and makes no more effort to spend time with you then maybe you should start keeping away from him and let yourself get over it? Chances are he knows. The fact he doesn't seem to be following it up suggests to me that he's probably not interested.

And if you don't know him well, how can you see a future? If you don't know him that well then maybe you'd find if you got to know him he wasn't actually as great as he seems on the surface.

Sorry if it seems harsh, but I was in your shoes a few years back and ok it worked out for us, but there's many more students who like my guy and he's never once done anything to give them hope because there basically isn't any. It might not be the case, but that's how it looks to me from what you've said.

Maybe he keeps it professional because that's what it is to him? My bf went the extra mile and made an effort to talk to me during workshops, if he bumped into me outside of class he asked if I wanted to grab a coffee. If he just answers questions you ask after class and makes no more effort to spend time with you then maybe you should start keeping away from him and let yourself get over it? Chances are he knows. The fact he doesn't seem to be following it up suggests to me that he's probably not interested.

And if you don't know him well, how can you see a future? If you don't know him that well then maybe you'd find if you got to know him he wasn't actually as great as he seems on the surface.

Sorry if it seems harsh, but I was in your shoes a few years back and ok it worked out for us, but there's many more students who like my guy and he's never once done anything to give them hope because there basically isn't any. It might not be the case, but that's how it looks to me from what you've said.
    yeah but whenevr i speak to him his colleagues are always around so maybe thats why? and he like he always answers qs in class doesnt like organise meetings, so makes it kinda hard thats why the other girl suggested i go up to him and say that i have a personal issue that i didnt feel comfortable speaking to my tutor about and ask if i could speak to him, but i couldnt thin of anything to make up as a ersonal issue and also my actual tutor is a woman so he may be like wht=y does she not feel comgortable talking to her own tutor , may make it obv, probs will.can u think of any good excuse for the 'personal issue'?
    how did u get your lecturer to like you?

i heard that he went out with a student a few years ago, that also gives me hope that i have a chance
    yeah ive got a bad feeling that he knows but he like touches me on the arm and stuff quite a lot which makes me think hes interested but i suppose he may just do that to everyone
    yeah he really doesnt make an effort to try to get to me and i suppose nor do I, maybe thats the reason why, as thats what a few peoplehave said to me that i need to make the first move as he is a lecturer he will not make a move

but then i dont want to like make it really obvious and then it could be awkward if he doesnt feel the same way
    but hes like so nice, i just wish i was more confident around him, i get so shy, i was gonna be like how come i dont have this class with him, and have it with someone else instead, but then i totally forgot, that would have made me look kinda sad init saying that? like checking in my timetable when i have classes with him
    what is the age gap between you and your bf?
    cause ther is also a big age gap between me and him, hes slike 40 and im 19, so thats another reason that he may not be intereted
    also i make a really big effort on days that i have a clas with him in the hope that he notices me, its very time consuming this crush

ReputationRep:
    I've actually read the thread properly now, and tbh OP, sounds like something will happen again. You both like each other. Maybe you should say something like 'if you were unhappy in your marriage, and separating, then it would be different' that way he'll definitely know where you stand. If, after you say that, he doesn't make another move you know he still wants to be with his wife (possibly has the deep love and affection married people have, just not with as much lust and stomach butterflies as normal love, and so kissed you in a moment of lustful butterfly weakness but genuinely doesn't want it to go further) and has chosen her. If, however, he makes another move then woo!

(Original post by O-Ren)
    I've actually read the thread properly now, and tbh OP, sounds like something will happen again. You both like each other. Maybe you should say something like 'if you were unhappy in your marriage, and separating, then it would be different' that way he'll definitely know where you stand. If, after you say that, he doesn't make another move you know he still wants to be with his wife (possibly has the deep love and affection married people have, just not with as much lust and stomach butterflies as normal love, and so kissed you in a moment of lustful butterfly weakness but genuinely doesn't want it to go further) and has chosen her. If, however, he makes another move then woo!
    Yeah, I can feel that there's still something there but neither of us want to do anything about it because we can't. It would honestly be different if he was separating and he already knows where I stand on this. It's just that while he may possibly feel something genuine, I doubt he would ever leave his wife.
    Damn him for not being single! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can feel that there's still something there but neither of us want to do anything about it because we can't. It would honestly be different if he was separating and he already knows where I stand on this. It's just that while he may possibly feel something genuine, I doubt he would ever leave his wife.
    Damn him for not being single! :p:
    Are you sure he knows where you stand? Sometimes you really need to spell it out for guys :p:

lol thats funny about him knowing you checkin him out lol
    yeah ive got a lecture with him tommorrow, how about you?
    do you think it would have been okay if i was like btw why do we not have you next week? or would have been weird as he would have been like she actually checks her timetable to see when she has a class with me
    any suggestions on convos to have with him to try and 'break the ice'
    Well, he smirked when I did it and I concentrated very hard on a tree near him pretending I didn't see him lol
    Don't see him til Monday - got another lecture then
    Did you talk to him today?
    It might be a bit weird if you ask him why you don't have him - I guess it kinda depends on the way you ask him them.
    Maybe get talking about something that's in the news related to your subject, some common interest?

(Original post by O-Ren)
    Are you sure he knows where you stand? Sometimes you really need to spell it out for guys :p:
    Lol fair point. I guess I should actually tell him rather than imply :p:
    Considering he still looks at me the same way, knowing that I never said that I wasn't attracted to him, he might not actually get it.
    I'll spell it out for him next time he brings this up (if he does at all)

ReputationRep:
    Lol fair point. I guess I should actually tell him rather than imply :p:
    Considering he still looks at me the same way, knowing that I never said that I wasn't attracted to him, he might not actually get it.
    I'll spell it out for him next time he brings this up (if he does at all)
    Can you let us know how it goes?

I'm emotionally invested in this story now :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.