Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you going to do with your parents as they age? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im just wondering as my parents are beginning to get quite grey and they'll soon be wanting me to do things for them. I'll probably decide to have them put down for a gentle easy death, but i dont want anything to costly either. Just want know know if there are any cheaper ways of ending thier lifes.

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    :wtf:
    :wtf: is the only way to sum up this thread.

But if I have to give a serious answer: look after them.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'll take them out to garden centres...I love garden centres anyway

euthanasia.

ReputationRep:
    I worry about that every single day. Honestly, I don't know. On one side, I want to live my life, and enjoy it by travelling etc. But then again, I want to look after them.

ReputationRep:
    One of the reasons for me going to uni, is to make sure that i have a good job to take care of my old folks... **** the care home

my parents are relatively young so hopefully that time won't come for a long while yet.
    i'll prob look after them. not like i'm going to abandon them and let them rot in a home and get abused by sadistic care assistants.

ReputationRep:
    look after them

If rich enough hire a full time personal carer as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.1 Loner)
    Im just wondering as my parents are beginning to get quite grey and they'll soon be wanting me to do things for them. I'll probably decide to have them put down for a gentle easy death, but i dont want anything to costly either. Just want know know if there are any cheaper ways of ending thier lifes.
    Commit a string of murders.
    Pin it on the parents.
    They'll get locked up, fed and exercised.
    You can visit them, but they cant visit you.
    When they die theyll get buried within prison grounds, therefore relieving you of any grave-tending duties.

ReputationRep:
    tbh even making jokes about wanting to kill your parents is pretty ****** up

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue will hopefully have settled down and lived out the 18-30 "best years of your life" before any serious decisions need to be made, in a way you would hope it would not get to that stage of a slow decline.

ReputationRep:
    WTAF. :wtf:

You know euthanasia isn't legal? And hopefully it won't be in the future either.

I feel sorry for your folks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)

You know euthanasia isn't legal? And hopefully it won't be in the future either.

It's legal in a few countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)

nah, they know where they stand

ReputationRep:
    I bet your folks are planning to do the same to you, right now.

ReputationRep:
    :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'll be like 45 by the time they reach retirement age.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether the OP is a joke or not, it seriously makes me sick :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    hahaha
    i was thinking keep them around to do babysitting and chores.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.