Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    How about worst couplings? I gotta vote for Rubber Doughnut couplings (not sure if that's their proper name). Relying on rubber flexing to allow the joint to bend, but also relying on it being rigid enough to transmit drive? Over thousands of miles? Nice idea there.
    Christ yeh, we use them in the hovercraft fixings because the people that drill the holes for the engine mountings are inept at getting them in line with the lay shaft for the hub for the fan blades, but anyway, yeh, always breaking at 12k rpm! Bloody things!

A vulcan coupling is very similar to those doughnut things, just much improved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    Stuck a set of -40mm GMAX springs on my Rover 400 and it totally transformed the handling. Of course with stock dampers the handling was nowhere near as good as it could have been but it was a massive improvement over the stock ones. If it's not a relatively expensive car then id suggest fitting them but no lower than -40mm but anybody worth their salt would recommend dampers as well if you can afford them. Mine cost £40 so I wasn't complaining.
    where you been?!

Fitted them this afternoon, only got chance to go for a quick drive only to test nothing broke so really haven't tested the handling yet, but they make it a hell of a lot better looking, though it couldn't get much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    where you been?!
    Getting rid of my internet addiction mate :yep: I deleted all forum links on my browser to put me off clicking on them. I only came back to post a link to my dissertation survey as I thought id get a few responses from a big forum

How have you been?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I tried to do that around my dissertation and failed miserably. As you can see, my addiction hasn't decreased!

Yeh not bad, surviving, but loads of exams and **** recently but yeh, mostly alright. How isd the dissertion going?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.