Turn on thread page Beta

Playing hard to get, not interested or just very busy watch

Anon as ex bf uses this

So met a guy from a uni in another city, we kissed and swapped details and we are just exchanging emails via FB. Anyway I am going to drop by to see him for the day in the near future as he asked me too

My problem is when I email him he usually takes at least two days minimum to get back to me even though I know he has been on FB. However he seems to enjoy talking to me

Maybe I am a bit of a blabbermouth I dunno but I just kinda feel like maybe I should stop writing back as he feels he has to respond

Our emails have just been friendly with just a hint of flirting nothing heavy at all. Just funny really and most do not even require a response

Hell I dont even know what I am asking. Just wodnering if I am more of an inconvenience

ReputationRep:
    If you were that much of an inconvenience he wouldn't bother emailing back at all - I know I don't if it's a hassle! Maybe he's the type that leaves facebook on while he does other things, or just simply likes to leave it a bit so it doesn't look like he's hanging onto your every word.

If he didn't like you, I doubt he would bother at all.

(Original post by vegastwotimes)
    If you were that much of an inconvenience he wouldn't bother emailing back at all - I know I don't if it's a hassle! Maybe he's the type that leaves facebook on while he does other things, or just simply likes to leave it a bit so it doesn't look like he's hanging onto your every word.

If he didn't like you, I doubt he would bother at all.
    Hmmm I guess he would also have rejected my FB request since I wasnt 100% sure it was him I was adding

Ok will stop being so paranoid for now :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Nah keep talking to him, I'm sure he's just trying to seem like he's not overly keen when he is. Plus FB chat is ***** lol

(Original post by cornford4)
    Nah keep talking to him, I'm sure he's just trying to seem like he's not overly keen when he is. Plus FB chat is ***** lol
    The cheeky sod is not even trying to hide the fact that he is online as as it comes up whenever he becomes "friends" with someone

Anyhoo will play it by ear but it is frustrating

ReputationRep:
    tbh it might be that he's nervous, and needs time to think about his reponse. To a lot of people, flirting or even just chatting with a potential gf/bf via texts/emails isn't something that immediately comes naturally, so maybe he's just taking his time finding the right words? Or trying not to seem too keen?

Maybe I am being negative but I just feel that he cant be bothered since I am not present there and then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.