Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

and she knew i like her, it wsa obvious to anyone who saw us. I left it too long and made a mistake, and she lost interest. I never intended to say anythign to her about my feelgins anyway, but she asked me if i liked her recently, so i told the truth. Her reply was that she'd been interested before, and she asked if i still liker. I told her i did, things haven't been awkward at all after our conversation though.

the mistake - i have a pretty unstable home life, was angry about it, and acted like a **** on a bus ride when i was with her, nearly got into a fight with a couple of chavs. I just felt a bit reckless because of how rough things were at home at the time. The thing that got to me is that she seems to think that's how i cat all the time, and says that's what put her off, but it was completely out of character for me.

Do i give up and accept that I'm lucky to have her as a friend? Does the fact that she WAS interested mean that she might be again if i try?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should explain to her why you acted like that on the bus. I think she probs would still be interested in you- worth a try hey.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she still likes you to me... You might aswell try

ReputationRep:
    Fight for her? Try everything in your power to convince her that it was out of character, and if your comfortable maybe mention the reasoning for the way you acted so she knows its not just because you was been a utter d1ck.

ReputationRep:
    Play it cool. Say "I am sorry for how I acted, and I never meant to make you feel awkward. I would rather have you as a friend than not have you at all".

Then start chasing a different tail, while still seeing her regular enough. But don't make any moves, just be a friend.

She'll be riding your face within a week.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.