Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyz54)
    Sorry, but I think they're a load of crap.
    :ditto:
    the singing voice is very annoying, don't understand how they got so many radio plays for "winter winds" :pain:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Their name is like a furniture removal company.
    Haha fair enough cant argue with that but to be compared to robson and jerome musicaly is crazy ! c'mon give me that atleast Mumford & Sons are much better than them !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conor.b92)
    Haha fair enough cant argue with that but to be compared to robson and jerome musicaly is crazy ! c'mon give me that atleast Mumford & Sons are much better than them !

Loll, okay if it makes you happy they're not as bad as Robson and Jerome. I just am really not a fan, and they're played all over Radio one all the time. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Loll, okay if it makes you happy they're not as bad as Robson and Jerome. I just am really not a fan, and they're played all over Radio one all the time. :nothing:
    And I sincerely apologise for that! :p:

Similar thing happened with Fleet Foxes, loving it and then got overplayed. Thankfully, I don't listen to Radio 1, but the downside is that I play some music thinking I'm semi-original only for them all to groan about it.

Is it just them you dislike then or that kind of music?

ReputationRep:
    I like them - regardless of their overplayed singles, their debut album is a pretty strong affair.

ReputationRep:
    Mumford & Sons are pretty awesome, I remember when I first found out about them about a year ago and heard one of their songs, they didn't have too many back then. Their new album is great, I've listened to it already today a few times

ReputationRep:
    The Cave :yep:

ReputationRep:
    AMAZING. I went to see them live and the atmosphere was so good-they didn't dissapoint. They sound even better live which cannot be said for most bands. I saw them at some NME thing; they weren't even the headlining act (paloma faith was) the majority of the people just came to see them and now I'm waiting for a gig near me to crop up

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I really want to see them in October but I don't know where I'll be so I can't buy tickets .

ReputationRep:
    They are so good. Like so good, I fall asleep every night with their album making me happy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.