Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I agree, although the **** of a referee didn't help matters either. I'm not gracious in defeat to those bunch of cheats.
    We I saw Inter play at the Camp Nou (and in Italy) against Barca earlier in the season they seemed very average but against you guys they were a whole different side so 4 things could have happened:

-They were playing badly in the games against Barca

-They've improved dramatically in a short space of time

-They were trying extra hard on the basis that it was Mourinho's former club

-Mourinho knew the chelsea team very well so was able to tailor the tactics

I suspect a combination of 3 & 4 with a little bit of 2. Ancelotti got his game plan wrong IMO and you seemed toothless. Inter are a good side by personally don't think they're good enough to win the competition. Barca beat them at a canter and would probably beat them again. Arsenal have a very good record against Italian sides so I would fancy us to beat them while United are of course a very capable side. Inter v Bayern would be an interesting game and I'd like to see that.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't hear many complaints when Carvalho rugby tackled Valdes to take Chelski though to the CL quarters in 2005. Chelski pull this sort of **** all the time. Don't cry because someone's better at it than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeIsFailing)
    How did I forget that. I can't see him wanting to leave though (fingers crossed), but he'll probably want a big contract :mad:

Aguero in the summer please Roman. And Ribery :yep:
    Hopefully Aguero in the summer, our squad needs a real change imo =O. Aguero said he wanted to come to Chelsea, so I think hes a real chance for Cheslea this summer.

Imo, when we get Essien, Bosingwa, Ashley and Cech back our back should be pretty solid.

I loved Malouda last night, he played really well.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are buying into the whinging too quickly. I boid Eto'o out loads in the first half... he was having some sort of ludicrous competition with Drogba over who could spend more time rolling around on the floor...
    So let's not ignore Drogba's antics... it's easy to become immune to the sight. He's not built like Eto'o, he's a beast and should never spend that much time on the floor.

Eto'o aside though I didnt see any diving from Inter players.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...ics/index.html

Chelsea committed not a few more fouls, but a lot more fouls.

Inter had more possession, had more shots on goals, more shots on target and Drogba and Ancelotti have both graciously admitted Inter were superior and will go far.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, although the **** of a referee didn't help matters either. I'm not gracious in defeat to those bunch of cheats.
    The ref had nothing to do with you losing.

Inter did not cheat, they did what any side would do in that situation, including Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    What actually were they moaning to the officials about, I didn't see any major wrong decisions? is it just mandatory now to moan to the officials when you lose I guess?

LMAO @ Drogbas CL campaign again ending in another disgrace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Didn't hear many complaints when Carvalho rugby tackled Valdes to take Chelski though to the CL quarters in 2005. Chelski pull this sort of **** all the time. Don't cry because someone's better at it than you.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I just noticed that Lampard was taking corners from the left last night, where the away fans are stood. Why wasn't he taking the corners from that side on Saturday? Can't be cos he was scared, can it? :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    I just noticed that Lampard was taking corners from the left last night, where the away fans are stood. Why wasn't he taking the corners from that side on Saturday? Can't be cos he was scared, can it? :toofunny:
    No - he's taken many corners at West Ham before. He plays better when the away fans rile him up, so thanks for your continued support over the years. Lamps isn't a good corner taker at all though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You coming the Grove on Saturday?
    Nope Wish i was but haven't got the funds for £50 ticket and altogether £100 day out for two weekends in a row. Shame they're so close.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7065588.ece

At least the off field scandals are over and you can concentrate on the football...

John Terry has been breath-tested and questioned by police after colliding with a member of Chelsea's security staff in his car last night.
    The collision, which left the man with a broken leg
    ...oops :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    He plays better when the away fans rile him up. Lamps isn't a good corner taker at all though.
    Was going to say that, tbh there wasn't much thrown at him last week, more focused on Terry, and Fwank was pretty much non-existant during the game. If Lamps isn't a good corner taker, then it begs the question why not play him against us, but play him against Inter?

ReputationRep:
    Any excuse from cfc1992. You see it all the time in Europe that players will waste a few more seconds by staying on the ground, so don't pretend Chelsea players wouldn't have done the same if they where on the brink of going into the quarter finals. The referee adds on the time anyway so I don't know what your complaining about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Any excuse from cfc1992. You see it all the time in Europe that players will waste a few more seconds by staying on the ground, so don't pretend Chelsea players wouldn't have done the same if they where on the brink of going into the quarter finals. The referee adds on the time anyway so I don't know what your complaining about.
    No, it wasn't just a few more seconds. And, more importantly the referee didn't add the time on. First half three inter players were rolling on the floor for at least a minute - should have been at least three minutes stoppage time. Second half, 5 subs? Plus the Drogba incident, plus Inter players rolling around 5-6 more times - 4 minutes?

The referee was quite frankly awful, penalties weren't given AGAIN.

Er last season quarter finals vs Liverpool and last 16 vs Juventus that we won, did you see players rolling around on the floor reguarly? No.

What's even more puzzling is wtf is an inter fan doing in manchester? Are you lost?

(This post makes me sound bitter, I am, but I know Inter were the better side and deserved to go through).

ReputationRep:
    and here i was predicting a Chelsea Madrid final rofl :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    :hmm: i'm not convinced. Take a pic of yourself with a piece of paper saying 'tsr ryan shawcross'
    Or something like that
    and then I will be.

OR, wear a 'I <3 TSR' t shirt to display next time you score.
    aha dont wanna risk a yella card

send me a PM or a letter like
    i alwaiz reply to fan mail and that

its onlee the death threats that i dont reply to aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    We I saw Inter play at the Camp Nou (and in Italy) against Barca earlier in the season they seemed very average but against you guys they were a whole different side so 4 things could have happened:

-They were playing badly in the games against Barca

-They've improved dramatically in a short space of time

-They were trying extra hard on the basis that it was Mourinho's former club

-Mourinho knew the chelsea team very well so was able to tailor the tactics

I suspect a combination of 3 & 4 with a little bit of 2. Ancelotti got his game plan wrong IMO and you seemed toothless. Inter are a good side by personally don't think they're good enough to win the competition. Barca beat them at a canter and would probably beat them again. Arsenal have a very good record against Italian sides so I would fancy us to beat them while United are of course a very capable side. Inter v Bayern would be an interesting game and I'd like to see that.
    Bit of all 4 really. Sneijder didn't play in the game at the Nou Camp, he is very important to Inter, plus they played with a different formation.

Barca are probably the best side in the competition - they would beat most left. I think Inter can go far, but perhaps Man Utd and Barca are too strong for them.

Arsenal seemed to have struggled against very physical sides who can defend well so I think Inter would be tough for them. True that Arsenal have beaten Roma and Milan in recent seasons but Inter are nothing like those 2 sides.

ReputationRep:
    Well this match was interesting. I gotta say that Chelsea got sold out by the ref again. But that wasn’t a surprise. Mourinho teams love to play the serial victim act. Time wasting was his central tactic – the proverbial mantra. The trouble with him is that he is the ultimate scientific manager. He makes good players ****, and poor players look ordinary. As soon as Inter established a jammy 2-1 sandwich, Mourinho was ready to bite. He is a vermin in the game, mainly because he has no pure understanding of football. This is why the whole Italy despises and loathes Mourinho, including Inter fans themselves. He brings backwardness into football, and makes players mere robots. Every action of Inter players was masterfully induced by Mourinho’s hypnosis. It is not surprise that whilst he was Chelsea Manager the whole country hated them. And Mourinho loves being hated, all the attention on him. That ******* stan.

In the match Chelsea, were doomed, the European refree is very sensitive to any inclination of infringement: Uefa are a Franco-Germanic organisation, with full emphasis on bureaucracy. Ancelotti wanted to play the passing game, and create chances. Trouble is Stamford Bridge is narrow and constricted, and with Chelsea having no width regardless, it played into full fruition for Mourinho’s dummies to roll around. Added to that is the fact that Chelsea have lost their zeal in Lampard and their steel in Essien.
    What gets to me is nobody seems to pick up how **** of a manger he is. He is leech if there ever was one. He is still dictating and practising the Porto triumph, when a bunch substandard phonies, miraculously managed to sow their way to glory. Mourinho was the ultimate pupteer. He did everything, controlled every kick, throw in, corner, save, deflection, it was his. No doubt, this idiot will continue to spray all types of nonsense in years, to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    aha dont wanna risk a yella card

send me a PM or a letter like
    i alwaiz reply to fan mail and that

its onlee the death threats that i dont reply to aha
    I thought it was only yellow card if it was just ya bare chest.

ReputationRep:
    first leg of fa youth cup semi beat Blackburn 1-0... 2nd leg at the Bridge on Monday!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.