Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho brings character and debate to football and I've missed him ever since he left Chelsea. The press conference was a gem.

Inter probably will lose to Man U or Barcelona in or before the final though.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea to spend 140m this summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    If Man City get fourth they might beat them to some of those players.

If Torres leaves it will be back to Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    If Man City get fourth they might beat them to some of those players.

If Torres leaves it will be back to Spain.
    The only teams that could afford Torres are City, Real, Barcelona and maybe Chelsea and Inter. I agree though it would be back to Spain, with Barcelona the only viable option. I still think he would give it one more season even if we don't reach fourth to see if it was just a blip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Looks like a game of FM10 they've got in to. :o:

I'd be very happy with three signings in the summer - top class striker Dzeko/Aguero/Pato type, Milner and Fellaini - although the last may have to wait until Jan with his injury problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)

I'd be very happy with three signings in the summer - top class striker Dzeko/Aguero/Pato type, Milner and Fellaini - although the last may have to wait until Jan with his injury problems.
    Haha it really does :rofl:

As long as use start trimming the older players out and bring in some younger and more mobile players in I imagine use will improve. The one thing I would worry about is Ancelotti working with younger players / bringing players in, as he had no say in player recruitment at AC Milan, so had no hand in the Pato and Kaka finds.

Real Madrid and Barcelona don't really need many players though so as long as City don't go in for players this transfer widow should be a bit more open as long as clubs are more realistic with regards to transfer fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)

Yeah, they're just missing Gourcuff. Also in that game Marek Hamsik must have moved to Lazio haha.

I think we could really do with a central midfielder to supersede Ballack, a wide player, preferably for the right, and an attacking option. Which is actually pretty much what you've said reading it again.

ReputationRep:
    hopfully we can bring in some great new players, would love pato and torres to join up along with ribery and a few new defenders. But back to the more immediate future, what line up to we think we be used on sunday and anyone got a prediction.

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti will need to win the CL in the next two years, perhaps three (if he gets a one year extension).

ReputationRep:
    New Sheriff in town

ReputationRep:
    In:

Di Maria
    Aguero
    Villa
    Pato

Out:

Deco
    Ballack
    Carvalho

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho, Ballack?? Christ. Villa??? What's the point. That scrote can **** rite off, matey boy.

Would be good for the club to get a top class 20 something year old to give us an edge for next year but I couldn't really give a toss tbh, as long as they don't sell half of our current squad

ReputationRep:
    Ya, I'd be happy with 3-4 in and 3-4 out. Only problem is we'll get £0 for those going out and we'll need to spend £40-60m on 3-4 coming in.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't entirely serious on all of the squad members but the squad does not revitalising and from 4-6 players really need to go. A lot has been said about the age of our squad but I think it's often a lazy assumption. We beat Liverpool 2-0 earlier on the season and had the highest average age of a squad in the Premiership then, I think. Some players are no longer suitable, that all it is.

I'm not actually that convinced about Aguero and wonder how much of his reputation is because he is son-in-law to Diego Maradona. If only David Villa was like 24.

ReputationRep:
    4-6? I'd like us to do:

Ferreira out > Have one of Bertrand/Van Aanholt here.
    Belleti out free > Mancienne taking his 'mr.versatile' role.
    Deco out > Winger bought in, Ribery/Milner etc...
    Ballack out > Cm bought in, Hamsik/Fellaini etc....
    Striker bought in.

At aboslute most... so 4 in 4 out. I doubt we'll get rid of Ballack though, so it'll be 3 in 3 out.

Let Carvalho and Hilario leave next summer tbh... then we can assess the progress of a few youngsters to see if we'll need to buy replacements.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Milner is having new contract talks with Villa. Was thinking of Darren Bent for a split second but I'm not sure he'd be good enough and he'd want regular starts otherwise it's Tottenham all over again for him. Need someone more reliable and consistent than Kalou.

ReputationRep:
    Just no more African players please. kthxbai.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    What about if Aboutrika came out of nowhere to replace Joe Cole :mute:
    Too old. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention, it's your turn now... Chelski.

Good luck :awesome:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.