Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Deco can **** off. Start Joey Cole.

Not a complete mix up though tbh, gk + defence was pretty much expected, only surprise in midfield is Deco and possibly Sturridge, although considering how **** Kalou is and how low Anelka's form in recent weeks has gone, i'm not that surprised. Really pleased for him actually.

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho off next now... we're losing one defender on average per game.

Besides, VERY lucky in every sense with Didier's opener. Pompey had been comfortable. O'Hara clearly fouled by Zhirkov in the lead up, then the ball bobbled up so James completely missed it. Very unlucky for Pompey.

ReputationRep:
    David James is gonna get such a rinsing, absolutely terrible mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Should have been the hattrick didier! Van Aanholt's put in a couple excellent balls... More than Ferreira and Zhirkov usually put in.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    o yh!! i need to find teh portsmouth thread lolz.

I was being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish. Going to dropped points in our next game. Rubbish. Bing. Dong. Crump. Doosh.

ReputationRep:
    Villa at home is the easiest fixture ever...

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho out for 4 weeks at least.

so what's new...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Carvalho out for 4 weeks at least.

so what's new...
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last game this season. Jeffrey Bruma up to third centre back now and van aanholt 3rd full back.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, we're actually playing for four Saturday's in a row! That must be a first in a long time... (with a Tuesday game inbetween somewhere).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last game this season. Jeffrey Bruma up to third centre back now and van aanholt 3rd full back.
    you really bum our youth don't you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    you really bum our youth don't you.
    Not my fault they're good. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Not my fault they're good.
    Are they? Arsenal fans usually have a habit of bumming their youth players, and, quite often, players don't make the grade despite creaming themselves over the overhyped prospects of first team action in the future. Give it a few years and we will see how many become first team regulars. Scott Sinclair was supposed to be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Are they? Arsenal fans usually have a habit of bumming their youth players, and, quite often, players don't make the grade despite creaming themselves over the overhyped prospects of first team action in the future. Give it a few years and we will see how many become first team regulars. Scott Sinclair was supposed to be good.
    And that's the story of youth players in general. At u18 level for instance, the majority of talented looking players won't make it. But it's about those few select individuals who do come through, and that's why it's arguably worth having a youth system.

Sinclair has just had an awful couple of seasons. No end product usually, and doesn't really have a footballing brain. Very talented on the ball, but is very flawed. Expect him to be flogged off sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Any cheap pickings we might be interested in at Pompey when they sell? Wonder what Belhadj might be like at a club of a higher level, not necessarily Chelsea, just anyone really.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, what has happened to Jimmy Smith?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't make the grade either. A shame really, after a very promising loan spell at QPR everyone expected much more from him. At Leyton Orient now according to a quick google search.

ReputationRep:
    FA Cup Tickets on sale to Members with not a ridiculous amount of loyalty points - just bought mine.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.