Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HILARIOus.

Anyway, what is Drogba's record against Utd? He does well against Arsenal but I think it is a different story to Utd.

ReputationRep:
    It's a different story for everyone against United in recent seasons tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Except Torres :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I remember Didier's goal in the FA Cup final at the new wembley a few years back though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Forgive me as I dont watch enough of Chelsea play but wouldnt Drogba coming in to replace Anelka be enough of a like for like swap for the system to still work? I thought Anelka has been going through a barren spell for goals?
    He hasn't scored since January, correct. However, we have scored like 26 goals without Drogba or something. Might be too reliant on Drogba. Hoof it! Hoof it! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    He hasn't scored since January, correct. However, we have scored like 26 goals without Drogba or something. Might be too reliant on Drogba. Hoof it! Hoof it! :sigh:
    I still say keep the same team we played against Villa but Drogba straight swap for Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I still say keep the same team we played against Villa but Drogba straight swap for Anelka.
    Against Utd at old trafford it may be worth having a bit more security in the midfield - i.e. perhaps having Ballack in for Deco or Cole, for the first half at least....despite Ballack being mostly useless he does cover a lot of ground and is probably more secure in defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Against Utd at old trafford it may be worth having a bit more security in the midfield - i.e. perhaps having Ballack in for Deco or Cole, for the first half at least....despite Ballack being mostly useless he does cover a lot of ground and is probably more secure in defence.
    Thats true, reason I still kept Deco in was for the creativeness he brings in the midfield. J.Cole I'd leave out cause hes having an up and down season. Ballack lol yeah hes useless XD, but is a decent DM.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, was discussing with a fellow Chelsea fan at one point about what Ballack has actually done this season - we couldn't really think of much - he's just there being solid and having one or two good/bad games. Although apparently he tends to cover more ground than any other midfielder that we have (Frank may be an exception there) at the moment (probably due to Essien's injury..) - It'll be interesting to see if he keeps his place once Essien returns...although then again Mikel has been on the whole, useless too - he just slows us down a little bit too much and doesn't really protect the back 4 as much as he should do, hasn't really matured as much as you'd have expected but I guess he's still young and his best years are ahead of him (although same can be said for Kalou...ah dear )

ReputationRep:
    Ballack is a solid 6/10 performer. Sometimes can keep the shape (other times he leaves far too much space though), but lacks real attacking intent. The fact he's played 30+ games for us season shows how rubbish Joey Cole and Deco have been. Would like him to leave this summer, but he'll probably get another season because he's played so much.

Our best midfield trio by far is Mikel, Essien and Lampard. Perfect. Mikel hasn't been useless, unless you haven't been watching the games since he's come back from afcon. First half of the season he wasn't great, second half he's been outstanding. Some of the stuff he does on the ball is outrageous. I think Mikel has the ability to both slow things down, and make things tick a little quicker depending on the situation. Often does check back once though, before picking and executing a perfect pass, he also has the ability to pass directly to our players preferred foot which I've noticed a few times this season too. Not as solid defensively as Essien, but is much better as a dm in many other aspects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Indeed, was discussing with a fellow Chelsea fan at one point about what Ballack has actually done this season - we couldn't really think of much - he's just there being solid and having one or two good/bad games. Although apparently he tends to cover more ground than any other midfielder that we have (Frank may be an exception there) at the moment (probably due to Essien's injury..) - It'll be interesting to see if he keeps his place once Essien returns...although then again Mikel has been on the whole, useless too - he just slows us down a little bit too much and doesn't really protect the back 4 as much as he should do, hasn't really matured as much as you'd have expected but I guess he's still young and his best years are ahead of him (although same can be said for Kalou...ah dear )
    True, hes got some solid games with him but on a whole I dont think he'll keep Essien out once he's back :P. We could sell him quite easily and he's asked for a 2 year extention, even though Chelsea are prepared to only give him a 1 year contract extention.

Oh Kalou XD, I don't know why I can think that Kalou will get better dunno why, he plays the most random matches like the Inter game I was expecting him to start but he did score our away goal lol.

ReputationRep:
    Why was Drogba given a two match suspension? I thought if you got a red card in a match it is one?

Utd = Rooney FC.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a smile on my face. Promise.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney's injured...there's hope.

ReputationRep:
    We can't rely on other people's misfortunes tbh. And even if Rooney didn't play we must not underestimate them otherwise it's Wigan II.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney's out for roughly 4 weeks, Fabregas is out for the rest of the season and I imagine the World Cup?

Seems like we're not the only ones with injury problems...

ReputationRep:
    I just want it to be Saturday...

ReputationRep:
    come on, fate is trying to help us win the title here. we NEED to win on saturday. rumours were that Ivanovic could be fit for Utd, can anyone confirm?

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti said the back four is Ferreira, Alex, JT and Zhirkov again.

He's doubtful Essien will return before the end of the season. More positive on Ash.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna go watch it in 3d at a local pub - wish I could've gone - aren't you going cfc1992?

They should be there for the taking although I do fear the Utd backlash..

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.