Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    on a side point can someone tell me how rafa is still in a job at liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    Signed a long term contract not so long ago.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but if he was r manager we wud have sacked him by now. he as ruined their season

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Your backroom does have a petulant and panicked response to any degree of imperfection, aided by a near endless bank account.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's a completely different scenario so there's no point for comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Cech really shouldn't be surprised by the 'boo boys'. Not a fan of this but some of us expect high standards. You're paid handsome wages so fans, righly or wrongly, expect decent, winning football. No point being paid all this money and balls everything up like accountants and investment bankers now...

ReputationRep:
    Finished 2-1 to us in the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup vs Charlton. Bruma & Mitrovic the scorers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Cech really shouldn't be surprised by the 'boo boys'. Not a fan of this but some of us expect high standards. You're paid handsome wages so fans, righly or wrongly, expect decent, winning football. No point being paid all this money and balls everything up like accountants and investment bankers now...
    What Cech should be surprised about, is that he's not yet been benched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    What Cech should be surprised about, is that he's not yet been benched.
    And why exactly would the goalkeeper holding the best defensive record in the PL be benched? We didn't concede in 9 PL games or something like that prior to this one at the Bridge, and it's not like he never had to deal with one cross in those 9 games, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are one of the best teams in the league so they aren't going to concede many, especially at home (where the majority of sides don't come to attack you). If I was Ancelotti, I would bench him. None of the keepers in the other top 4 sides would get away with form like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Chelsea are one of the best teams in the league so they aren't going to concede many, especially at home (where the majority of sides don't come to attack you). If I was Ancelotti, I would bench him. None of the keepers in the other top 4 sides would get away with form like that.
    Yet the other options are Hilario and Turnbull.

Think we'll stick with Cech for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Why bench him? You clearly haven't watched enough of Chelsea to know his performances, largely, have been good this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Why bench him? You clearly haven't watched enough of Chelsea to know his performances, largely, have been good this season.
    cfc1992 is right, Cech been brilliant, imo Hilario and Turnbull couldn't fill in for Cech if he is benched. We would most likely be conceding more with Turnbull in goal, as he did when he played his first game. Not saying their bad keepers just not as good as Cech.

ReputationRep:
    Buy Robert Green. Cech has been benched though. The media just say he's being rested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Yet the other options are Hilario and Turnbull.

Think we'll stick with Cech for now.
    Opponents are going to increasingly look at exposing Cech. He's become increasingly vulnerable and error prone and as a defender in front of him, I'd have lost faith in Cech.

ReputationRep:
    u foget that the conceding of 10 goals in four games isn't all down to cech, turnball and hillario were in goal for five of them so he isn't as bad as some might make out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Buy Robert Green. Cech has been benched though. The media just say he's being rested.
    He hasn't been 'benched' as a result of bad form, it's 'bench' in the term that it gives Hilario and Turnbull an opportunity. Similarly to how Drogba and Anelka haven't been benched - it's just been to give others an opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Time will tell to see if he really is being 'benched'.

ReputationRep:
    Well he isn't. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Well he isn't. XD
    Such incompetence merits bench time :woo:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.