Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Ranieri was fine. What about Hiddink?

You can always wish Wolves luck. Mick McCarthy is probably my favourite manager outside of Chelsea right now. Before that it used to be Nigel Worthington for Norwich.
    Well Chelsea were not title challengers under Ranieri - you were not a "big club" then I guess. Hiddink was temporary we all knew that so has not had the same affect.

There was some stuff on BBC Sport today and the papers. The way the media twist stuff is just silly. It was headlined "United need Rooney - Ancelotti" however when you read it he has said it in a very different tone and concentrates on how good Rooney is etc etc. He even wished us good luck in the SF against Bayern. However that could play into your hand. :hmmm2:

As for other managers, I do like Mick but he is tactically inept. Having said that I do hope Wolves stay up. McLeish and Bruce are good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    Well Chelsea were not title challengers under Ranieri - you were not a "big club" then I guess. Hiddink was temporary we all knew that so has not had the same affect.
    2003/04 season:

Code:
    Team               P    W    D    L    F    A    GD    PTS
    1    Arsenal    38    26    12    0    73    26    47    90
    2    Chelsea    38    24    7    7    67    30    37    79
    3    Man Utd    38    23    6    9    64    35    29    75
    How many points do you have to finish behind the eventual champions to have been considered as a title challenger though? People always said Liverpool challenged the league title in 2005 but they were 37 points off Chelsea. Then, in the following season, Arsenal finished 24 points behind Chelsea. Both teams are considered two of the established $ky Four, which challenge for the title every season.

ReputationRep:
    Under Ranieri you did not challenge for the title over a sustained period of time. The one good thing he did for you guys was buy Lampard.

You finished 6th twice under him. Made CL the season before Roman came and then finished 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    So you say in recent seasons there are only two title challengers - Utd and Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    Under Ranieri you did not challenge for the title over a sustained period of time. The one good thing he did for you guys was buy Lampard.

You finished 6th twice under him. Made CL the season before Roman came and then finished 2nd.
    Oh... because he didn't buy Joey Cole, Duff, Makelele, Zenden, Gallas, Robben, Bridge, Cech etc?

The tinkerman did a fine job here.

ReputationRep:
    I really like ancelotti too , I'm with you on that one.

ReputationRep:
    At least Ancelotti's changed the system around. No idea why it took so long, but he did finally do it.

ReputationRep:
    when's essien coming back....last game of the season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK)
    That just typifies you. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK)
    I dunno, Ancelotti never seems to look confident or optimistic when discussing Essien in his pre-match conferences. I very much doubt he'll play any further role in our season tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Oh... because he didn't buy Joey Cole, Duff, Makelele, Zenden, Gallas, Robben, Bridge, Cech etc?

The tinkerman did a fine job here.
    I do not doubt that. But you were not a top European team when he was around.

ReputationRep:
    Getting to the semi finals of the Champions League not good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we can win on Saturday. It's going to be a tough match and I think Villa are going to be psyched by Terry's comments, which have probably been blown out of proportion, just like the spat with Wenger.

Forza Inter!

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho quite clearly benefitted from Ranieris transactions. When Ranieri left Chelsea had a massive squad and quite clearly were going to be serious title challengers the next year (and combined with Utd and Arsenals deecline they won it quite emphatically under Mourinho IIRC).

Mourinho was overrated, he did well of course but it wasn't like he took a barebones of a team to glory or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    we're amazing at Wembley! i think we'll beat them quite comprehensively.

ReputationRep:
    Reckon we'll win, but it'll be much more open than it was at SB, i'll predict a game more like the one at Villa Park.

Must say if I had the choice to beat Bolton & Tottenham than Villa this weekend I'd take it.

ReputationRep:
    Miss Robben

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda sad we didn't have the opportunity to knock Man Utd out of the CL, but at least a former Chelsea lad did

ReputationRep:
    Could we buy him back please?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.