Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Robben was always class, why was he ever sold? How do you lot rate him vs Malouda?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idiopathic)
    Robben was always class, why was he ever sold? How do you lot rate him vs Malouda?
    Robben is a different class to Malouda. He was injury prone and we made a 100% profit on him, so it made sense to sell him at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - if he had been reguarly available to play 40 times plus a season then of course we'd had done everything to keep him. But I think we were quite happy with the price we sold him for at the time.

I wouldn't really say he was in a different class to Malouda tbh.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I heard Robben scored the 'winner' I wondered how many posts will ask why Chelsea sold him. He spent far too much time on the treatment table! Pity really.

ReputationRep:
    Robben and Duff on the wings was quite :sexface:, this was back when you were watchable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I'm kinda sad we didn't have the opportunity to knock Man Utd out of the CL, but at least a former Chelsea lad did
    We have a score to settle with Barcelona next season. I predict we'll get AC Milan in the last 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Robben and Duff on the wings was quite , this was back when you were watchable
    I thought back then we were long ball merchants who played boring conservative football and were uber defensive? Now we are currently top for goals, passes and shots on target, apparently. Can't please everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I wouldn't really say he was in a different class to Malouda tbh.

Goal at 1:18

Something Malouda can only dream of producing :coma:

ReputationRep:

Robben is awesome :coma: but I really like Malouda too, Robben is better but Malouda's hitting his the top of his form atm and he's doing a damn good job for us right now.

Awesome goal at 1:18 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    It would be awesome if we could get over 100 goals this season. It would be so :coma: :coma: :coma:

ReputationRep:

I don't need a youtube video to know what Robben is capable of producing, please. But they're two different sorts of players, attacking wise only and in a free luxury winger role Robben is clearly the better player, but in a system where wingers need to defend as well, I'm quite liking what Malouda is doing. They're not two worlds apart. We all know Robben was injured reguarly throughout the season, and at times Jose was only comfortable with using him as an impact player, that tells you something about the lack of balance he provides with a hard working team like ours. I think Malouda may be suffering from still being underrated when he is the best winger we've had here since Duff and Robben.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I don't need a youtube video to know what Robben is capable of producing, please. But they're two different sorts of players, attacking wise only and in a free luxury winger role Robben is clearly the better player, but in a system where wingers need to defend as well, I'm quite liking what Malouda is doing. They're not two worlds apart. We all know Robben was injured reguarly throughout the season, and at times Jose was only comfortable with using him as an impact player, that tells you something about the lack of balance he provides with a hard working team like ours. I think Malouda may be suffering from still being underrated when he is the best winger we've had here since Duff and Robben.
    (Y)

ReputationRep:
    Some good injury news then, finally:

Ivanovic could be on subs bench vs Villa.
    Ashley Cole set to return vs Stoke
    Essien could return vs Liverpool

And Didier is starting vs Villa.

ReputationRep:
    Essien? Who's that?

ReputationRep:
    27 now, and annoyingly he's missed the majority of two important seasons. Excellent player when on form, but I very much doubt we've seen the best of him. I really hope he has a relatively injury free next couple of seasons with us.

ReputationRep:
    Joey Cole or Anelka for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Joe Cole I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Wembley. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    That was typical Chelsea at Wembley, waited till around 60th minute and then Drogba scores the goal which sparks the collapse. Well done, Villa didn't get in it in the 2nd half.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.