(Original post by cfc1992)
    What? We haven't won anything? :eek:

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    playing the history card again. it's boring, but i guess it's the only way you can put up some argument.
    Yes, it is a card used all the time, but its a strong point that you can't really do anything about. As a Man Utd supporter I get sick of hearing it too, but they have a good point and all the reason to be regarded as a big club because of it (they're certainly bigger than Chelsea).

I on the other hand, don't talk about winning head to heads and rather have my team tip the balance in winning the league full stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    Yes, it is a card used all the time, but its a strong point that you can't really do anything about. As a Man Utd supporter I get sick of hearing it too, but they have a good point and all the reason to be regarded as a big club because of it (they're certainly bigger than Chelsea).
    I'm proud of my clubs history. I couldn't care less if we're regarded as a "big" club or not - does it really matter? All that is important is how they play on the pitch, not if some people sitting on sofa's or typing away on their keyboard regard Chelsea as a big club or not. Who gives a ****?

ReputationRep:
    Spurs or Pompey in the final then? Both have their + and -.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)

I'm assuming you're assuming you would have beaten Utd last year, when's the other time you were "cheated" out of a CL?
    Well given that you got bum raped by Barca, yes it does look like Chelsea are the only team who can actually compete with them and not get anally gang raped. You fielded an ineligible player and got away with it because you're a traditional club. Swindon did and got relegated. Don't see why you should have been treated any more differently. I believe it is possible that had you not had Tevez you might not have won the CL. While he was no Ronaldo, football is a squad game and was still a good player for your lot.

Other year was 2009. Had Utd been denied 3-5 penalties we'd still be hearing about it now. If it was England everyone would still be going ape ****. They still do over Maradona's handball even to this day.

But like I say I don't give a **** because it's all ifs, buts and may bes. If and when Chelsea do win the CL, and when it is apparently undeserved, the critics who deny the existence of refereeing injustice will come back saying how undeserved it all was. Then I will just tell them to lump it.

(Original post by newlife)
    As a Man Utd supporter I get sick of hearing it too, but they have a good point and all the reason to be regarded as a big club because of it (they're certainly bigger than Chelsea)
    Ajax bigger than Utd then? The big club jibe is just a form of elitism and it might shock you but some people actually support their local side rather than decide who to support by seeing how many honours they have won.

As I've said before, I'm waiting for a Utd/Liverpool supporter to use that jibe who are attending ex-polys or dirty glass plate universities. If they suck up to prestige that much perhaps it should go beyond supporting football teams.

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud of my clubs history. I couldn't care less if we're regarded as a "big" club or not - does it really matter? All that is important is how they play on the pitch, not if some people sitting on sofa's or typing away on their keyboard regard Chelsea as a big club or not. Who gives a ****?
    Didn't say you shouldn't be proud of your club or their history. All I'm saying is you didn't really have much of a point when you tried to use a 3 win in a row argument against the whole of liverpool's history.

ps. I like everyone else on the football forum am not hoping a player reads this and gives a ****. This forum is one of discussion, and hence why we ''type away on our keyboards'' about footballing issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Well given that you got bum raped by Barca, yes it does look like Chelsea are the only team who can actually compete with them and not get anally gang raped. You fielded an ineligible player and got away with it because you're a traditional club. Swindon did and got relegated. Don't see why you should have been treated any more differently. I believe it is possible that had you not had Tevez you might not have won the CL. While he was no Ronaldo, football is a squad game and was still a good player for your lot.

Other year was 2009. Had Utd been denied 3-5 penalties we'd still be hearing about it now. If it was England everyone would still be going ape ****. They still do over Maradona's handball even to this day.

But like I say I don't give a **** because it's all ifs, buts and may bes. If and when Chelsea do win the CL, and when it is apparently undeserved, the critics who deny the existence of refereeing injustice will come back saying how undeserved it all was. Then I will just tell them to lump it.
    2009 was last year :facepalm2:

I'm guessing you're saying you've been cheated out of the CL for the last two years. So you deserved the CL in 2008 because we had Tevez? Straws and clutching comes to mind.

And losing a semi due to refereeing inadequacy does not equal being cheated out of winning the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    [/QUOTE]
    Ajax bigger than Utd then? The big club jibe is just a form of elitism and it might shock you but some people actually support their local side rather than decide who to support by seeing how many honours they have won.

As I've said before, I'm waiting for a Utd/Liverpool supporter to use that jibe who are attending ex-polys or dirty glass plate universities. If they suck up to prestige that much perhaps it should go beyond supporting football teams.[/QUOTE]

wow you're cool. Assuming I support Man Utd because of their honours is pretty ignorant. When I started supporting them I had no idea about what a huge club they were, I was only 5.

Finally, I wasn't the one giving the ''big club jibe'' in the first place mate. I was merely laughing at the comeback to such history.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs or Pompey in the final then? Both have their + and -.
    Pompey. It will be the return of Avram Grant. Just like Inter was the return of Mourinho. Juventus last year was the return of Ranieri. And Liverpool have Atletico Madrid in the Europa League so that is a return for Torres. How many more returns?

ReputationRep:
    2009 was last year

I'm guessing you're saying you've been cheated out of the CL for the last two years. So you deserved the CL in 2008 because we had Tevez? Straws and clutching comes to mind.

And losing a semi due to refereeing inadequacy does not equal being cheated out of winning the whole thing.
    So long as Chelsea can sign a player from third party ownership then it's fine. Had Chelsea done the same people would still go on about how much of a fraud it was. But I'll keep an eye on your posts and when you suffer something like Ovrebo I'll get the pop corn out. There was enough fuss with the elimination to Bayern so there will be more times to see if Utd get done over unfairly. May be a referee will only give one minute of stoppage time or something. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    So long as Chelsea can sign a player from third party ownership then it's fine. Had Chelsea done the same people would still go on about how much of a fraud it was. But I'll keep an eye on your posts and when you suffer something like Ovrebo I'll get the pop corn out. There was enough fuss with the elimination to Bayern so there will be more times to see if Utd get done over unfairly. May be a referee will only give one minute of stoppage time or something. :teeth:
    Does playing the victim and pretending everyone's against you make it easier to accept your lack of success in the last 3 years?

FTR after the Bayern game I said the ref was inconsistent but the main reason we lost was because of our own silly mistakes. And making out we get all the decisions and you get none is a bit pathetic really, remember the Stamford Bridge game this year?

ReputationRep:
    Does playing the victim and pretending everyone's against you make it easier to accept your lack of success in the last 3 years?

FTR after the Bayern game I said the ref was inconsistent but the main reason we lost was because of our own silly mistakes. And making out we get all the decisions and you get none is a bit pathetic really, remember the Stamford Bridge game this year?
    Strange times here. Other football team fans get a whiff of Chelsea potentially getting the double, and it all gets a little bit too bitter.

Tbf, I felt sorry for Aston Villa... but they were incapable of beating us 11-on-11, regardless of whether the penalty should have been given or not. Those decisions always go one way or another in matches. Terry's tackle was very dodgy, good thing it didn't break Milner's leg. That would've been nasty, and it was unnecessary.

I'm half-amused by the references to the Champions League too. May I remind everyone that there are no english teams left in that particular tournament? Neither Chelsea nor Manchester United have won that this season, or the one before it.

Also, I caught a snippet of a post about Drogba? It might've been WHW, and I really don't understand what this intense hatred towards him is all about? He's passionate about football and that's good. The frequency of his dives have fallen drastically, and he is an exceptional, exceptional player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Strange times here. Other football team fans get a whiff of Chelsea potentially getting the double, and it all gets a little bit too bitter.

Tbf, I felt sorry for Aston Villa... but they were incapable of beating us 11-on-11, regardless of whether the penalty should have been given or not. Those decisions always go one way or another in matches. Terry's tackle was very dodgy, good thing it didn't break Milner's leg. That would've been nasty, and it was unnecessary.

I'm half-amused by the references to the Champions League too. May I remind everyone that there are no english teams left in that particular tournament? Neither Chelsea nor Manchester United have won that this season, or the one before it.

Also, I caught a snippet of a post about Drogba? It might've been WHW, and I really don't understand what this intense hatred towards him is all about? He's passionate about football and that's good. The frequency of his dives have fallen drastically, and he is an exceptional, exceptional player.
    Not bitter, just people playing the victim pisses me off tbh. It's not the Arsenal soc ffs.

Saying they could never beat you 11v11 is debateable, them getting the first goal would change the game completely. You'd still be favourites, but they'd have a much better shot.

The CL reference was someone trying to persuade me that you keep being cheated out of CL's...

Tbf the fact Drogba's good is part of the reason people hate him, same with Ronaldo, same with Rooney. That and the fact he's a massive ****, i think it's his constant complaining tbh. It's a disgrace, gtfo

ReputationRep:
    Nope. The squad is no longer good enough and I've called for six changes to the squad. I'll dig up old posts to prove it if you want. Failure to win the league this season will confirm my belief that a select few of the squad are too comfortable and action needs to be taken to justify the annual expenditure on the squad.

The CL reference was someone trying to persuade me that you keep being cheated out of CL's...
    And I wanted to see how people would react to this mainly. I just found it laughable that, fans of a team who are awarded more stoppage time when they need a goal more often than other teams, end up moaning about a penalty decision in a game to a tournament they are no logner participating in. Of all fans to accuse of officiating bias it had to be Utd's. Oh dear. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1217

eat up chump. what's that, 3 times in a row we've beaten you now? get some better players, because you won't be winning jack with the current state of your sorry squad.
    what a rofl-worthy post that is. 3 times in a row - referring to the past 3 seasons where we've won the league title? And throw in a CL win and CL finalists for good measure. What have Chelsea done in the last 3 seasons? Ageing squad, what a team of fail Chelsea are.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I really hate it when Chelsea win a game, and people throw in the CL of 2008, or last year's, or the whole history card >__>, thats the past, we're talking about whats happening now. History won't save you now, if your not in form. Im in a class of United/Liverpool and Arsenal supporters. There's 2 of us Chelsea supporters, Oh the hell I went through when we were in our bad patch. lol But its fine, we're back now =D.

Ballack made quite an impact when he came on yesterday =O.

Dudes, one question away from all this lol :P.

Who would you want to come to Chelsea the most out of all our rumours?

There's Sergio Aguero, Di Maria...etc..etc...

I'd like Aguero in, he's quick and got some wonderful quality on him to play with Drogba upfront =O. Not saying Anelka isn't an suitable replacement when Drogba isn't there, but Aguero's got pace =o.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    what a rofl-worthy post that is. 3 times in a row - referring to the past 3 seasons where we've won the league title? And throw in a CL win and CL finalists for good measure. What have Chelsea done in the last 3 seasons? Ageing squad, what a team of fail Chelsea are.
    We've won two FA Cup's and have finished in Champion League places each season. If that isn't enough for a supporter, then I don't know what is.

Ageing squad? One that's doing very well.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly good tackle here, nothing to see...

then the **** acts like he is the one hurt. He really is a dispicable *******.

clear red card, to add to the clear penalty in the first half :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh definitely, looked alright at the time but that's a red, definitely. Collins deserved at least a yellow for some of his challenges... but of course they go unnoticed as he isn't JT.

Clear penalty? It was 50/50. Mikel stood his ground. Agbonlahor pulled his shirt. Then it's how you view Agbonlahor going over. If it was as a result of Mikel leg coming down then it's a pen, if he went down too easily as a result of nothing though then it isn't a penalty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.