Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Perfectly good tackle here, nothing to see...

then the **** acts like he is the one hurt. He really is a dispicable *******.

clear red card, to add to the clear penalty in the first half :facepalm2:
    You make it seem as if he's the only person to ever commit a bad tackle! Maybe if you watched the tackle you'll see that the foot that Milner is kicking with hits Terry on the leg, hence why he will have been hurt in that collision, hardly being a "despicable *******."

I'm not justifying the tackle and he should have been sent off - but this is football and people should know sometimes the referee makes the wrong decision, fortunately for us yesterday it was 2 big decisions. It's all swings and roundabouts, I'd rather not get into a big argument and list every decision that's ever not gone our way, but an example of when the decisions didn't go our way was in our CL semi-final vs Barca 2 seasons ago where we could've had up to 4 penalties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Collins deserved at least a yellow for some of his challenges... but of course they go unnoticed as he isn't JT.
    Haha i think that's the other way round, JT didn't get a red card BECAUSE he's JT and not some unknown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Haha i think that's the other way round, JT didn't get a red card BECAUSE he's JT and not some unknown.
    Well they're two different points we're making.

ReputationRep:
    Well they're two different points we're making.
    Not really, you're saying challenges by more unknown players go unnoticed by the ref because "he's not JT". I'm saying that challenges by JT go unnoticed by the ref because "he is JT"

ReputationRep:
    Not really, you're saying challenges by more unknown players go unnoticed by the ref because "he's not JT". I'm saying that challenges by JT go unnoticed by the ref because "he is JT"
    No, I'm saying Collins' challenges go unnoticed by the press, other supporters etc in comparison to Terry.

You're saying JT gets away with things by referees.

Two different points.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm saying Collins' challenges go unnoticed by the press, other supporters etc in comparison to Terry.

You're saying JT gets away with things by referees.

Two different points.
    "Collins deserved at least a yellow for some of his challenges..."

I didn't realise that fans and the press can give out yellow cards :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    "Collins deserved at least a yellow for some of his challenges..."

I didn't realise that fans and the press can give out yellow cards :toofunny:
    There's two points made:

Your one is how the referee sees things when it comes to Terry.

Mines about how the press/other supporters show/see things when it comes to Terry in comparison to Collins.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly good tackle here, nothing to see...

then the **** acts like he is the one hurt. He really is a dispicable *******.

clear red card, to add to the clear penalty in the first half :facepalm2:
    That's ******* horrific :shock:

ReputationRep:
    The follow through looked horrific as you say, but he's clearly won the ball which was his saving grace:

ReputationRep:
    looks like cfc1992 has lost yet another argument.

ReputationRep:
    What arguement is this whm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    You make it seem as if he's the only person to ever commit a bad tackle! Maybe if you watched the tackle you'll see that the foot that Milner is kicking with hits Terry on the leg, hence why he will have been hurt in that collision, hardly being a "despicable *******."

I'm not justifying the tackle and he should have been sent off - but this is football and people should know sometimes the referee makes the wrong decision, fortunately for us yesterday it was 2 big decisions. It's all swings and roundabouts, I'd rather not get into a big argument and list every decision that's ever not gone our way, but an example of when the decisions didn't go our way was in our CL semi-final vs Barca 2 seasons ago where we could've had up to 4 penalties.
    That was last season. One game with a poor referee in a different competition doesn't give you immunity from every decision for another year.

ReputationRep:
    The follow through looked horrific as you say, but he's clearly won the ball which was his saving grace:
    If go in dangerously, it doesn't matter what happens with the ball. It's a clear red card, only the biggest of idiots could argue.

ReputationRep:
    If go in dangerously, it doesn't matter what happens with the ball. It's a clear red card, only the biggest of idiots could argue.
    I'm not trying to argue against a red card, a yellow can be argued for though because of the follow through, but in those situations you have to go in with studs first, otherwise you're not going to win the ball and win the tackle.

ReputationRep:
    That was last season. One game with a poor referee in a different competition doesn't give you immunity from every decision for another year.
    How about the inept referee against Inter then? Or the throw on decision against Blackburn? You get a bit of luck at times, and you get done harshly at others.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it doesn't, but what good can complaining about it do, Chelsea are in the final and Villa aren't.

ReputationRep:
    i'm shocked nobody's come out complaining about the pitch yet

ReputationRep:
    What's with the invasion of Cockney Mancs?

Terry should have been sent off yes. I think he should have played for Utd. Looks like Roy Keane would tell him how to perfect his thuggery and harrang referees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What's with the invasion of Cockney Mancs?

Terry should have been sent off yes. I think he should have played for Utd. Looks like Roy Keane would tell him how to perfect his thuggery and harrang referees.
    It's because after their draw today, they know Chelsea have one hand on the EPL.
    So they must come and WUM about other things instead.

ReputationRep:
    you would have won the world cup had you kept poor Avram.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.