Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    It's because after their draw today, they know Chelsea have one hand on the EPL.
    So they must come and WUM about other things instead.
    Probably. Even though one of the doughnuts said the good ol' cliche, "swings and roundabouts". Well, now that Portsmouth have benefited from an incorrectly disallowed goal by Spurs, do I expect these cockneys to jump on the Pompey thread and say how undeserved their result is and that it should be Tottenham in the final? Err, no.

I suppose wumming rival fans when things aren't going too well for their side is like managers who direct blame from the players to himself, like Mourinho and like Fergie, who seems to blame referees every bloody time his side loses.

ReputationRep:
    what a brilliant weekend this has turned out to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What's with the invasion of Cockney Mancs
    They are everywhere, it's nothing new!

ReputationRep:
    What's with the invasion of Cockney Mancs?

Terry should have been sent off yes. I think he should have played for Utd. Looks like Roy Keane would tell him how to perfect his thuggery and harrang referees.
    Where have you been for the last twenty years?:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    Where have you been for the last twenty years?
    They've always been around but they haven't really invaded the Chelsea thread like this before, unless I've missed other times. May be the Bushwackers lost money to it for a bet? Arsenal and Tottenham peeps don't make a habit of it. Why ManYoo?

ReputationRep:
    Anything other than the double now would be a huge disappointment. Even better, I can't believe I'm saying that after we were so poor in parts throughout this season.

ReputationRep:
    A double would represent a marvellous season for Chelsea, who have arguably overachieved. But fair play to them, they've been offered these two titles to them on a plate and it looks like they'll be snapping them up.

ReputationRep:
    One step at a time.

ReputationRep:
    feed the wum ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Well, not many teams have retained the FA Cup. And not many teams have done the double. So to retain the FA Cup and do the double would be errr a first? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well, not many teams have retained the FA Cup. And not many teams have done the double. So to retain the FA Cup and do the double would be errr a first? :confused:
    fair enough. But nothing beats the feeling of a treble or winning the CL. But it'll be a poor season for us. We were in the driving seat vs Bayern then the **** hit the fan, largely because of poor officiating (Olic using arm to bring down ball, Van Bommel not being sent off), then our stuttering form in the league - at a time of the season, the so-called 'business end' where we normally excel...

goes to show that there's an element of luck in winning anything, always has been, always will be (damn the FA et al for not introducing vid technology) but that too often (inept) officiating intervenes and determines outcomes. And those linesmen being employed behind the goal in the EUFA Cup, seriously need to do one and **** off, very irritating when watching on tv, two ****s behind the goal and every so often walking onto the pitch itself.

bring on Queens, Wimbledon and the world cup tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    Bring on Bolton more like.

ReputationRep:
    Football was never really designed to be a multi-billion industry when the rules are made up. I always view the situation with poor officiating with the hope that if my team are denied even a half-decent referee, then hopefully it will be 'made up' in the future in the same competition even though it was undeserved. Then when rivals deny previous decisions gone against my side and then bemoan of decisions going for my side I will happily tell them to do one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    what a brilliant weekend this has turned out to be.
    Cheers mate, appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    should do the double this season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    A double would represent a marvellous season for Chelsea, who have arguably overachieved. But fair play to them, they've been offered these two titles to them on a plate and it looks like they'll be snapping them up.
    you sound so defeated

at least we've seen some humility from you...

ReputationRep:
    Overachieved? :lolwut:

With the amount of money that has and is being spent I'd say we're underachieving. And that is nothing to boast about tbh.

Hopefully the Liverbundle game is not crucial when we get there.

ReputationRep:
    If we need to win the Liverpool game to win the league, we'll do it. Otherwise I think it'll be a draw.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if it wasn't crucual but a loss means Liverbundle do not even get into the UEFA Cup. Then that will complete the set of doubles against the rest of the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    you sound so defeated

at least we've got seen some humility from you...
    i dont think he is being humble in his posts, i sense some sarcasm albeit mixed in with some begrudging praise. :P

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.