Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Overachieved? :lolwut:

With the amount of money that has and is being spent I'd say we're underachieving. And that is nothing to boast about tbh.

Hopefully the Liverbundle game is not crucial when we get there.
    It's looking less likely that they'll have anything to play for tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather Liverpool had something to play for then they wouldn't sit back.

ReputationRep:
    winning the title at Anfield :coma:

although it would be great to do it in front of home support.

ReputationRep:
    why would you care about winning it at Anfield? I could understand if you were to win it at a rival teams stadium to WUM them?

But Chelsea/Liverpool is like non-existant

ReputationRep:
    well i'd rather we wrapped it up at Anfield so the fans can have a nice relaxing last game against Wigan. something of a celebration match, if such a thing exists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    why would you care about winning it at Anfield? I could understand if you were to win it at a rival teams stadium to WUM them?

So we could wind up the Liverpool supporters forever more. If you think it's non-existant then you're pretty wrong. In the PL after Old Trafford, WHL, Emirates and Upton Park I couldn't think of a better place to do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)

Your chums started it, and not just TSR tbh. I don't think traditional rivalries are as strong as they used to be. Like several years ago when Chelsea drew to Arsenal I didn't 'understand' the wummage by the Arsenal fans considering it helped a bigger rival of theirs, Utd, to win the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    well i'd rather we wrapped it up at Anfield so the fans can have a nice relaxing last game against Wigan. something of a celebration match, if such a thing exists
    One step at a time

ReputationRep:
    Winning the League at Anfield would be perhaps the greatest moment ever IMO, shove it in the face of all the cocky "You've got no history" Liverpool fans....

Messi
    X

ReputationRep:
    But we wouldn't care if anything we want Chelsea to win the league, well anyone tbh as long as it isn't United.

Do Chelsea fans really believe there is any sort of intense rivalry/hatred etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Winning the League at Anfield would be perhaps the greatest moment ever IMO, shove it in the face of all the cocky "You've got no history" Liverpool fans....

Messi
    X
    Lmao :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    But we wouldn't care if anything we want Chelsea to win the league, well anyone tbh as long as it isn't United.

That'd explain why you've got a song especially dedicated to us. If there was no hatred at all, you wouldn't have one.

I don't know whether you'd classify it as 'hatred' but there's definitely something more to the fixture than just two good teams (or in other seasons, title competitors) playing eachother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)

Messi
    X
    They shut up quite easily, one song is all it takes for them to start squealing and getting angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    That'd explain why you've got a song especially dedicated to us. If there was no hatred at all, you wouldn't have one.

I don't know whether you'd classify it as 'hatred' but there's definitely something more to the fixture than just two good teams (or in other seasons, title competitors) playing eachother.
    We have a song because it was entirely relevant and rather amusing because it annoys Chelsea fans so much :dontknow:

And tbh I think the rivalry is just purely because it is two teams within close league proximity to eachother as well as playing eachother in basically every single cup competition since 2004/5 :rolleyes:
    If either team became mid-table fodder Liverpool fans really wouldn't care that much, whereas with United/Everton that would always be there.

If I am honest, I think more teams think of Liverpool as their 'rivals' or some oher description denoting something grander than merely a game than Liverpool think of other teams as rivals.

Edit: Which song?

ReputationRep:
    We have a song because it was entirely relevant and rather amusing because it annoys Chelsea fans so much :dontknow:

And tbh I think the rivalry is just purely because it is two teams within close league proximity to eachother as well as playing eachother in basically every single cup competition since 2004/5 :rolleyes:
    If either team became mid-table fodder Liverpool fans really wouldn't care that much, whereas with United/Everton that would always be there.

If I am honest, I think more teams think of Liverpool as their 'rivals' or some oher description denoting something grander than merely a game than Liverpool think of other teams as rivals.

Edit: Which song?
    Exactly, I doubt you have a song about every other club that might also be amusing, relevent and annoying.

Not anything to do with you being scouse then? There wouldn't be as much hatred towards Soton for example if they started challenging for the PL in the next few years.

They are related to a certain event in your history...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Exactly, I doubt you have a song about every other club that might also be amusing, relevent and annoying.

Not anything to do with you being scouse then? There wouldn't be as much hatred towards Soton for example if they started challenging for the PL in the next few years.

They are related to a certain event in your history...
    We have (in the past) had songs about clubs that were in and around us and then as they faded the songs faded. If Chelsea fade the song will fade as well.

Why would me being scouse have anything to do with my feelings towards Chelsea and trying to use the scouse card as a reason why I would dislike United is a tad simplistic considering most Liverpool fans (until this season for obvious reasons) quite liked City. Everton is just the local rivalry so that is regardless of anything really.
    Or were you trying to say that teams hate us because we are a scouse team? Seems fairly reasonable even though Everton aren't hated (except, weirdly enough, by City).

And if you are trying to imply that singing about people dying is a way of backing up your pitiful existence then you should **** right off. I had two relatives die there and anyone that sings about any sort of death needs to have their head tested.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here - yes it'd be nice to win the league at Anfield (although in all honesty I think I'd rather win it at White Hart Lane....now THAT'D be beautiful..although not going to happen).

Let's focus on beating Bolton, could be a tricky game as it's Bolton who seem to do reasonably ok against us (I remember drawing to them even at home a few years ago which cocked up our title challenge). Going to the match again...nice being home from Uni.

Interesting thing here, saw in the Telegraph sport today than Hansen said if Chelsea had Mourinho the league would've been wrapped up 6 games ok due to the form of Arsenal/Man U.... interesting..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Interesting thing here, saw in the Telegraph sport today than Hansen said if Chelsea had Mourinho the league would've been wrapped up 6 games ok due to the form of Arsenal/Man U.... interesting..
    Well, if Mourinho can form a long lasting professional relationship with the powers that be then he wouldn't have left by 'mutual consent'. I really wish people stop saying "If you still had Mourinho..." when it wasn't working out in his last few months in charge.

Bolton have lost three games in a row and are being threatened with relegation so we shouldn't fall for Fergie's last minute wums. These wums are being said in Fergie Time!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think more of your lot (as a percentage) have more of a 'bother' about us than we do of you. I mean you have banners dedicated to us but never to Arsenal. Similarly Arsenal don't have banners referring to us, and neither do we with them, though we have a stupid rule regarding sizes etc of them which is not helping things. Elf N Safety. I just see it as mostly banter, as long as it doesn't go beyond what should be accepted like taking satisfaction from the dead (West Ham did it to us incidently). A lot of the rivalry from our side has died down since Mourinho left but one or two might not have changed since 2005.

I know this is going to sound embarrassing but I might see about having a club owned banner, a larger one than our current one. Would help to win/buy the CL to start off with though ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Also..

what the bloody hell does wum stand for...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.